Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New designations: "Assign to" and "Strip equipment"  (Read 675 times)

Cultist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New designations: "Assign to" and "Strip equipment"
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:00:47 am »

One of the most used and tedious actions is to assign table, bed and throne to a dwarf and stripping captured creatues of their equipment.
 I think it would be quite easy to make a designation that will assign this three funiture items(as it seems only this items define office dining room and bedroom) to a dwarf so making rooms will save you clicks and moving coursor.
Same could be done for stripping captured goblins and other weapon and armor users from their equipment. Not you have to dump, de-dupm and use other workaround, maybe it is better to add designation to strip caged creatures of their items.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:05:38 am by Cultist »

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New designations: "Assign to" and "Strip equipment"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:45:46 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the first part. You give each dwarf their own office, dining room and bedroom? And you want the 3 rooms to be assigned as a group?

If that's what it is, it makes sense. It's also been suggested that you should assign rooms to noble positions rather than individual noble dwarves. So you'd assign a study to a mayor and when the mayor changed, those rooms would automatically pass on to the new one. So if a dwarf died, whichever dwarf got his room next, would also get his dining room and study.

Cultist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:41 am »

Well, you could just select a square and all beds, tables and thrones will be assigned to Urist McManager

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:38:47 am »

You can kinda do that now if you make a room with internal doors but it won't assign tables as dining rooms or thrones as studies.

Cultist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 07:06:02 am »

Yea, I know, but that's the point of suggestion - to make designation assign all this stuff to one dwarf instead of clicking on every piece of furniture and then assigning them individually.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:24:07 am »

Ah, got it. So it's essentially an improvement on macros unless you make differently shaped rooms. Also, macros for assigning rooms are slow for some reason.

RandomizedThinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 04:28:23 pm »

It's also been suggested that you should assign rooms to noble positions rather than individual noble dwarves. So you'd assign a study to a mayor and when the mayor changed, those rooms would automatically pass on to the new one. So if a dwarf died, whichever dwarf got his room next, would also get his dining room and study.
what i thought instead of this is an option to just select a dwarf and remove all assigned rooms from them. so if a noble has a room already but i want to place them in the proper royal room i don't have to hunt throughout my expansive 3x1 bedroom complex.