Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Rome TW: Barbarian Expansion LP Turn 6, Act 1(Tradgedy)

(1/11) > >>

Megaman:
Right so I just got Barbarian Expansion, and what better way to show off my horrific failures than with a bunch of screenshots? For those of you unknowing, Barbarian Expansion is Rome:TW but:

1. Set during the fall of Rome, East and West split and all
2. Introduces new Factions later in the game, rather than them all being there at the start
3. Certain barbarian factions being able to 'horde' if they're down to one city, the entire population become soldiers but you have NO territory, no way of retraining units, and will loose your horded units if you settle down some factions already start horded
4. New barbarian factions
5. All factions unlocked at first gun

Anyway...

Who should we be?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Those crossed out in blue are the factions who's difficulty are estimated as easy, and I'm damn well not going to play anything that's EASY! The rest are moderate, besides Western Rome which is 'hard mode'.

Units that each faction use(according to the game) are:

Sarmatians: Superb calv and horse archers, good infantry support
Vandals: Start horded, all their troops are good but have limited siege gear
Saxons: Awesome CQC infantry, weak calv
Sassind Empire: Well rounded troop roster, Cataphracts and elephants too!
The Alemmani Tribes: good troops all around, but have heroic infantry(no idea what the hell that's supposed to mean)
Western Rome: Good troops all around, but some weak units
Eastern Rome: Good infantry, but limited calvary

Stworca:
Western Rome naturally. It's the only faction that gives you enough play time to notice the expansion at all  :o

Crank it up with VH and we're good to go! AHOY!

Megaman:
Really? What about the East?

--- Quote from: Stworca on July 23, 2011, 06:24:54 pm ---Crank it up with VH and we're good to go! AHOY!

--- End quote ---
Why yes, yes I shall. Don't blame me if I get my ass handed to me on a platter, though.

Stworca:
Depends on who will you go for at the start. Seleucid are an easier to control enemy, especially if you manage to control the end-of-the-world areas that are much easier to defend, than the middle of Europe.

Edit : Play whatever you want. I just voiced my vote :P

KaguroDraven:
Go Saxon, cavilry rules this expansion, they have crap cavilry.

Edit:Also, if you go a Horde route, I vote for a playeer rule, no Hordeing, at all. If you are forced to become a horde it's loseing the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version