Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 38616 times)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2011, 03:39:29 am »

AUTUMN

1st of Limestone  year 13 Ceilingchew

From the journal of Pokey Overseer of ceilingchew

The goblin ambush was less of a threat the I feared. The human guards proved more then capable of dealing with the goblins with assistance from our trap. I deployed the miltary to perform a sweep of the area to ensure the were no more raiding parties. They have yet to find anything untoward except a pair trio of thieves. In the meantime i Shall let the outdoors labourers go about thier task while guarded by the Militia.

(edit alright thats me for today. i'll finish autumn tommorrow and winter the day after that.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:46:51 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2011, 04:06:08 am »

Yagor demands that that armour stand be placed in her quarters! >:(
Other than that, everything seems to be going well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2011, 05:24:55 am »

Yagor demands that that armour stand be placed in her quarters! >:(
Other than that, everything seems to be going well.

I don't think you have quarters anymore I sorta kicked you out to make way for Noodle. If you do have a room I have no idea where it is.

Oh and as for going well. Yeah not so much had to save scum cos of an invasion which bypassed the path of doom somehow and killed a crap load of dwarfs. So that armour stand you want is now a cobalt grate of the same name and the crappy bow is now a mudstone harp. and if anyone asks this NEVER happened.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:27:51 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:50 am »

...What? Do you mean the room I just made, adjacent to the arena, with the nooks I was going to fill with statues?
If so, jeez, I need a remote tantrum-activate button for my dwarf. >:(
If it's the one she already had, I have no idea where that is, either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:50 am »

...What? Do you mean the room I just made, adjacent to the arena, with the nooks I was going to fill with statues?
If so, jeez, I need a remote tantrum-activate button for my dwarf. >:(
If it's the one she already had, I have no idea where that is, either.

Ah the arena, well to be honest i wasn't really going to go look for it. Also I gave yagor a newly carved noble suite which i then evicted her from like two weeks later. Like i said noodle is the new Mayor and i don't know where the old noble rooms are, I mean with have like 5 luxury suites spread over 3 z levels. I mean i don't even know.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:38:41 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:28 am »

25th of sandstone

Autumn so far has been uneventful. Work has progressed with minimal problems Migrants came and we still haven't finished the housing for the last group. Work on the pumpstack is less swift then hoped but still acceptable.

(edit Alright i have made a royal mess of this pumpstack. I think  it'll work but i'm gonna have to build som walls and doors and stuff.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:16:51 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2011, 02:45:16 am »

19th of timber

A Dwarven caravan came bringing with them the outpost liasion. We have been made a Barony! Noodle was elected As baroness Because we don't want TWO nobles demanding Gem windows in their personal dining rooms and mandating 30 pure platnium Statues.

23rd of timber

Buggery and blasphemy!@# The pump stack has suddenly gotten a crap load harder to complete. The area dug out for the stack goes up through a previously undiscovered cavern... Filled with water. So I have to figure out how to get through a lake without dropping the entire thing into the magma sea. SHIT! I'll continue to work on this pump stack but the next overseer may find it easier to start a new stack from scratch. Damn.
Hmm the only solution I can think of is to make two dislocated pumpstack though this will probably be a little hard to rigged up to the power source.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:20:59 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2011, 04:03:31 am »

Winter  is upon us.

(ooc this was a pretty boring season. Sorta dissappointing. Tragedy was the pumpstack not being as successful as i wished for, that underground lake punched a hole in my plans. Well my other project is almost done so i should get a major boost in dwarf power to help along the pumpstack. I'm working on the theory that the next player will know more about pumpstacks then i do and Either fix and complete the one I started this turn or declare it unusable. No pics this season 'co there was nothing worthwhile. most signifigant things were the lake blunder and the liason visit.*yawn* 

I'll finish my turn tommorrow then hand the save over to pisano.)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2011, 01:07:47 am »

13th of Moonstone, Year 13 Ceilingchew

Journal of Pokey, Tyrant of Ingizzursul

The outdoor project has been completed And all attention turns towards the development of the pumpstack,
In matters of defence I have set a patrol schedule comprised of an outer anticlockwise route along the borders of our land with an inner clockwise patrol closer to home. It is my hope this will give warning of any ambushes or thieves. Secondly I have created a squad of unarmoured wrestlers taken from the useless dregs of our great society to man this patrol. This will hopefully save our better warriors for the combat which will follow.

22nd of moonstone

a furnace operator has made a Artifact bracelet!

I managed to persuade Libasth Soothenet to get out of that traction bench she has been in. for four years. No longer able to use any kind of tool or weapon I assigned her to the wrestling squad in the hopes she may kick (or bite) some goblins to death.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:14:31 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2011, 03:54:21 am »

1st of granite year 14 ceilingchew.

From the journal of Pokey

I have decided to retire from my position and join the local militia before the new baron puts me in jail for wasting resources.
I feel that I accomplished nothing of importance but at least I started a couple good projects, improved the military a little, Finished a bad and useless project, And weakend our defences a tad, but over all I was more of a placeholder overseer then any dragon slaying warmonger but thats not a bad thing, so I'm happy to retire to a life of poking things with a pointy stick. At least I didn't unleash a infinite horde of demonice badgers made of snow.

*notes for next overseer. The pump stack starts a little ways south of the magma forge area. And their is a Special magma smelter somewhat seperated from the (a little to the se) for melting down useless items.

( and with that i hand over the save to pisano. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5023)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:21:37 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2011, 09:26:59 am »

I'll take a look at it this weekend.  I'm not sure I'll have much luck with the pump stack as you describe it, but we'll see.  It sounds like we have plenty of power to play with so something should be doable.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2011, 10:24:47 am »

If you like I can post screen shots of a low FPS drop magma pump stack setup I use in my personal forts. Someone else came up with the concept and I modified it for low micro building.

Let me know.

In the mean time, if it is magma pumps you are making, crank up your glass industry to make blocks, pipes and corkscrews. I find it easier to manage if I have a bunch of glass components so I don't accidentally grab a non-magma-safe block and end up with magma in the dwarf-space.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:27:01 am by Varnifane »
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2011, 03:17:15 pm »

It has been a while since I messed with mechanisms and pumps in particular, but once upon a time I had it figured out.  I can't say I know anything about low FPS designs other than making sure you have a way to turn the whole stack off when not in use.  If you want to post examples (either here or in the Dwarf Mode Discussion Forum) that's be great.  Without looking at the current situation I'm imagining that we'll need to pick a level either above or below the cavernous lake and set up an axle + gear assembly to distribute power as well as a corridor for the magma to flow to get horizontally to the next area for the stack.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »

It has been a while since I messed with mechanisms and pumps in particular, but once upon a time I had it figured out.  I can't say I know anything about low FPS designs other than making sure you have a way to turn the whole stack off when not in use.  If you want to post examples (either here or in the Dwarf Mode Discussion Forum) that's be great.  Without looking at the current situation I'm imagining that we'll need to pick a level either above or below the cavernous lake and set up an axle + gear assembly to distribute power as well as a corridor for the magma to flow to get horizontally to the next area for the stack.

It's not quite that bad. it's more of a larger magma reservoir followed by a 90 degree turn. I think the bigger problem is that you may have to construct support floors and walls to stop magma flow and dig channels for powerflow. Also some miners may be stuck somewhere in the works. It's my first attempt at a pumpstack so it's pretty shoddy. Plus side is you should have around 25-30 iron corkscrews and pipes to work with.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »

I use a pump stack design based on this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72296.0
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25