Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McIdiotWeaver Cancels Collect Web: Cannot Find Path.. wtf?  (Read 1611 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile

Ok, I have a weaver who's been gathering webs for a bit, and all of a sudden, I literally begin getting 2-300 messages that he can't find the path to some webs.  There are webs ALL OVER THE PLACE, even near the fort! I just got attacked by two GCS's and thus a ton of GCS silk is laying about.. but he started doing this before that happened. 

I've explored the entirety of the caverns, except for the tunnel leading downwards (I'm about to try blocking that off period).  Is there any other reason why Urist McWeaver can't get to his damned silk?

Edit: It was the tunnel, it seems like.  I put a door there, locked and barred, and now he seems to have stopped durping all over himself.  Which is good, because he was making a mess off my announcement screen..  "Urist McWeaver Cancels Collect Web: Cannot Find Path x82".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:35:23 am by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McIdiotWeaver Cancels Collect Web: Cannot Find Path.. wtf?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:04 am »

If they can path to the web, they will generate a job.  If they cannot see the web, but can path to it, it generates endless job spam.  Same for corpses, too, in case animal men die underground.  This only ever occurs with a cave or "narrow tunnel".

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:40:42 am »

Well, I had it set to do not auto collect webs, but was doing the job manually.. it just annoyed me that the second I gave them the job, they'd start durping all over the place. 

But yea, the tunnel is sealed off for now, though I do plan on relocating down there eventually.  Cave level 1 just isn't doing it for us.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:57 am »

If you discover the cave (ie, walk down there) then the jobs should start generating normally, with the dorf gathering the closest ones available.  I believe.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:06 pm »

I did just that, and everythings good now.  I just need to find me some purring maggots now.