Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Above ground caverns???  (Read 1096 times)

Alphaetus_Prime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Above ground caverns???
« on: July 25, 2011, 08:07:11 am »

This is no doubt the strangest thing I've ever seen. I created this account just to post it. I have embarked in what seems to be an above ground cavern. It's got the weird spidery pattern, unrevealed river segments, a floating sea-type thing with mud, and Tower-Caps and Fungiwood. It froze as soon as I unpaused. It's not like the z-levels are right for the caverns, either. The z-levels are normal. Here are the files: http://www.mediafire.com/?3o9w99yi9yfaka2 If anyone has any idea about why this happened or how to get it to work and not freeze, please say so, because I'm seriously confused. Oh, and Advanced Parameters were NOT used. I'm using the Lazynewb pack and no other mods.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:12:19 am by Alphaetus_Prime »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Above ground caverns???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:12:20 am »

Just an FYI, we have the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD) which is dedicated to file hosting related to DF.  You don't need to use mediaflare when we have a much more easily browsable and usable upload site :P

Alphaetus_Prime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:14 am »

Whoops. N00b quotient - 1. :-P

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:17:34 am »

Sometimes you can get collapses on embark, and they take forever and a day to resolve. Are you waiting out the freeze?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:02 am »

Sometimes you can get collapses on embark, and they take forever and a day to resolve. Are you waiting out the freeze?

This happens "all the time" (occasionally). It's pretty convenient because it releases cavern one spores right away.