Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunter Blade - Totally not Monster hunter. Not at all.  (Read 3263 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunter Blade - Totally not Monster hunter. Not at all.
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:18:34 am »

Just recently checked the forums and found out this game hasn't been mentioned at all on the other games forums. Kind of curious given I thought we had a decent monster hunter group here. I figure I would tell you all about Monster Hunter Online Hunter Blade. Anyway...

Hunter blade is a cash shop based MMO that recently went into open beta near the end of last year. It looks and plays a lot like the Monster Hunter series (Which is a good thing, given how capcom doesn't want to port the PC version of MH4(Monster Hunter frontier?) to the US this is a favorable turn of events in my opinion). The game uses a fatigue based system where you get 1000 fatigue to use each day (which from early game calculations would be a few hours of gameplay) and 3000 extra fatigue to use every week when you run out of daily fatigue. As I mentioned it has a cash shop component and all the niceties that entails but there is an auction house where you can buy the cash shop currency and from what I've seen there is no real need to buy stuff. There are levels as well, which limit what equipment you can wear but after playing for just an hour (and using up about 90 to 120 fatigue in the process) I managed to hit level 10 out of the max level I believe is 70.

http://hunterblade.beeboomonline.com/

Post was kind of rushed but I'll try to expand on it later. Never really know what to put in a post like this after all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:11:54 pm by Denzi »

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Blade - Totally not Monster hunter. Not at all.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:33 am »

Yeah, I'm not really surprised no one has posted about it..

I like MH as much as the next guy, but I'm not about to play a blatant chinese ripoff to get my fix.

I mean, at least they're ripping off a good game, and if they didn't change much it should still be a fun, even refreshingly unique experience if you haven't played MH before.

But I'd rather casually play Tri or just get around to playing through MHFU.

Will be watching the thread anyway.

I really wasn't about to play a ripoff either, but given the fact that I can't really play any of my consoles right now besides my PS3 (the only console with a thrice-damned HDMI cable on it) and given the fact that capcom has absolutely no intent to bring Monster Hunter 4(Monster Hunter Frontier?) to the PC market state side (it's an XBOX exclusive state side, while they are developing a PC version for japan only last I read). Not to mention it seems like it could be a pretty good ripoff.

Seriously, if Capcom won't get off it's ass to capitalize on the NA PC market for monster hunter, I'm not going to think twice about playing someone else cashing in on their IP. Besides Tri had some really terrible net code on it that prevented me from playing multiplayer much if at all.

Disclaimer: References to Monster Hunter 4 may or may not be accurately aimed at MH4. I have a really hard time keeping the game titles straight because they have to use such an odd naming convention so it might be that I'm speaking of Monster Hunter Super Beta Sempi Omega Freedomz or something else.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:26:29 am by Denzi »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:21:20 am »

By monster hunter 4 do you mean monster hunter frontier? Last I checked monster hunter 4 was gonna be coming out on the 3ds and has had no statements on international releases since it hasn't even come out in Japan yet.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:35 am »

Probably. Like I disclaimed I have a really hard time getting the names straight for any monster hunter game. The fact that I know that the Wii had Monster Hunter Tri on it is in itself a personal achievement on par with defeating some of the monsters in the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:27:25 am by Denzi »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:33:53 am »

Could you direct me to where you heArd about a stateside xbox360 release? I haven't heard of that before.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:05 am »

Could you direct me to where you heArd about a stateside xbox360 release? I haven't heard of that before.
I'll try to track the link down whenever I can, might take me a while though since I can't simply look up my history to find it.

Edit: Alright, I can not find the website I originally found the info on using google and the same search term. I'm going to have to get back to you in like six or seven hours after looking through my internet history.

Edit Combo: Beginning to suspect I did, indeed get names confused and the like. Can't find anything involving 'NA', 'Monster Hunter Frontier', and 'Xbox360' all at the same time. I can get the first two and see that it's not coming to NA, or the last two and see that they released it for 360 in japan, but I have the distinct feeling I found an article on (gamespot I think?) that didn't mention in the body that it was not speaking to it's NA/European readers and was just announcing that frontier(right?) was coming to 360 in japan. Either way it certainly doesn't damage my argument and probably actually strengthens it. GD I shouldn't use search engines when I'm running on two hours of sleep. Makes interesting things happen when I work on that info.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:35:19 pm by Denzi »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:37:10 am »

I pray he only confused it with PS3. Then again as far as I've heard Xbox 360 has the most solid online play so I suppose its not out of the realm of possibility...

But ya sitting here going do not know if want... On one hand its Monster Hunter (more or less). On the other its fake Monster Hunter.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:05 am »

I pray he only confused it with PS3. Then again as far as I've heard Xbox 360 has the most solid online play so I suppose its not out of the realm of possibility...

But ya sitting here going do not know if want... On one hand its Monster Hunter (more or less). On the other its fake Monster Hunter.
It's entirely plausible I confused one MH name with another. Just look up to see why.

Also I say the fact the game is around is a good thing. After all it's competition and competition (theoretically) leads to better products and stuff.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »

Honestly? No problems what-so-ever with Hunter Blade.  If Capcom chooses not to bring their work to something that is accessible to me... 
I'll take the just as good rip-off over investing in a whole new console.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »

I hear Frontier is terrible and doesn't actually play like Monster Hunter at all. I'll take this.