Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Beyond Protocol Private Server  (Read 17176 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Protocol Private Server
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »

It does not append The
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 07:58:17 pm »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 12:41:50 am »

So yeah, very interesting game, thanks for the server. Though I wish I knew about the 'hiding' tutorials before I spent a few hours blundering around after hopping through the first tutorial. Now I'm the owner of a nearly broke, very sprawled out and probably highly inefficient colony. But I'm having fun!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 05:18:54 am »

This is awesome fun. I've left the tutorial/newbie system, and the game has become MUCH harder! o.O

The lack of the 100x research time boost really hits you when trying to design armour. On top of that, the greatly reduced funds force you to make some tough decisions. I think I may have underestimated that, actually. I'm almost broke already because of designing a few facilities >.<

Still, it's really enjoyable, and if I get too stuck, I'll just respawn again and start over ;)

Also: in a comical turn of events, inteuniso, who was on the same planet as me in the newbie tutorial, seems to be on the same one in the 'live' universe too. lol. At least I have someone else to build mines this time, rather than using up all my CP on them!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 11:26:50 am »

jocan2003, how many players are actively using the server at the moment?

And, on a related note, might you be willing to sign up new accounts again in the near future? Or will we need to wait a while for code optimisations or a new server?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »

I too am interested in knowing how many players currently play on this server and if new player registration will be open again any time soon.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »

I started to play, and it was great, but I'm really stuck, lol.

I self destructed because I had totally messed up my first colony, now I respawn in space with a respawn capsule and have absolutely no clue what to do.
Other people in world chat were equally clueless, too.

Any help available?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »

I will be open to new account once i get an hardware upgrade, there is about 7 active user and about 20 new account, that is about a total of 40 account.

Since im using my personal computer to host the server i need to stop registration untill i get the server running on a dedicated machine. As for how long it will take i have no clue, i was talking to somebody yesterday about a possible partnership to funds the new hardware but there is no specifics yet.

I will update this post if player stop playing and see what is possible to do. Also please be aware that the server is NOT final wich mean it will get under heavy devlopement once the server get in a dedicated box, im trying my best to avoid any dataloss, corruption and keep everything stable.

If you have any other question dont be shy and ask away.

About the help after self-destruction you can always use in-game chat or come on IRC, when i dont work im either in game or IRC.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »

I self destructed because I had totally messed up my first colony, now I respawn in space with a respawn capsule and have absolutely no clue what to do.

Any help available?

Simply use your capsule ( wich is an engineer, land on planet and build your fitst command post.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 06:02:13 pm »

Any help available?

Simply use your capsule ( wich is an engineer, land on planet and build your fitst command post.

Oooh... How do I land on planets? Lmao.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:12 pm »

click once to see planet map, and right click where you want the unit to land, if you click 2 time you will change environment and leave your unit selection

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

FINALLY got around to actually start playing the game. I've quit on other games for now, so I can allocate my full attention to this one. :P.
So yeah. Hello, Beyond Protocol players!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

Agents are Fun.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 12:21:23 pm »

Agents are Fun.

That and the disigner are the main reason why i love BP :) So expect a lot of work on those system once i can get deep inside the code ( aka once the server is out of my computer and on a dedicated box )

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 06:05:57 am »

Hi all,

Has anyone else had any luck setting up transport routes? When I try to create a route, using a newly created transport, between two of my colonies, I'm simply informed the transport must be idle in order to begin the route. However, to the best of my knowledge, it is idle (it says it's idle in the transport window)

Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7