Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Beyond Protocol Private Server  (Read 17188 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Protocol Private Server
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:42 pm »

This still going?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

Yes server still active but sadly i cannot make any new account and time is a rare commodity in my life right now so i cannot look into it for a while, BUT if you send me an PM i will keep them all and as soon it is fixed im adding them and sending replies to say its active.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 05:04:48 am »

I shall watch this thread.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2011, 08:00:36 pm »

Hi. I was trying to login to the Beyond Protocol server a few times in in the past few days and I can no longer connect to the server; I'm wondering if you have plans to continue hosting?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2011, 04:09:51 am »

Right now i cannot for an unknown reason my BW limit get blown up by about 30% wich require me to do overtime to pay that bill, im trying to track down wtf is going on but fear not, i do work on the server when i get a chance, im very sorry for the lack of update recently, getting my trainning to be manager at my job+overtime and familly i hardly have enough time to ease off the stress eh...

Anyway i may have to start from scratch i think its the way accounts has been entered that giving trouble to the server , as the code is ugly and im no expert im trying to find out eh...

Have a good day.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2011, 07:58:16 am »

Thank you for putting the effort into this that you already have jocan. I enjoyed the game while I was playing it on your server. In the distant future I may try hosting my own server perhaps. Is the software to run the Beyond Protocol server available on sourceforge as well? To be honest I haven't looked yet.

Also I wish you well in your personal life and I hope you have more time soon. Congratulations on possibly becoming a manager, I hope you attain the position if you haven't already.

Starting from scratch is fine with me, I hadn't even gotten off the starting planet yet.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2011, 08:25:54 am »

you will need to download the source and compile it using you devlopment environment ( Visual Studio/sharpdevlop or anything you use to  write programs

wolf767

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »

I used to play this game but sad to find out it died as you are having hosting issues i can provide you with a host if you need one (dedicated server)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 07:38:51 pm »

would be cool to have a new/free server for this game, would also allow someone to do some debugging work

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 08:26:21 pm »

If I learned the language I would learn for you guys.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 10:29:37 am »

Its not just host its also time, im working 7/7 for the next 2 month moving from my town to a small island during the hunting season after that maybe who knows.

wolf767

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:34 pm »

Well, maintaining server will be no problems and I can help you at by making a sign up page so you wouldnt have to insert the accounts manualy, rather simple with the SQl glad it don't use flatfiles or somthing silly like that

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »

i will definitly think about it once im done with my current work time in end november give or take 2 week

dmaiskil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »

any plans to revive BP still alive out there?

CyrusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

as you can see, Jocan is quite busy, and may not be able to operate the server for now.

however, one of the guys who used to Work with the game developers (Aurelius and Enoch Dagor) Named Sir Paradox has opened up a server. He is currently hosting it for free, and is working (when he has the spare time) on improving some of the kinks in the game. He has to manually approve any accounts, so it may take some time to get to actually play it, there are also minor issues with actually getting INTO the game, hopefully, these problems are solved soon.

Also, this is a VERY complex game, but if you play Dwarf Fortress, it shouldnt be too hard. you guys like challenges anyway dont you? there arent many people at all playing on this private server yet, so it may be kinda lonely there for a while until we get some people playing (TELL YOUR FRIENDS, its free!). that was one of the major problems with the DSE game, not alot of people stuck around, so it felt so lonely in game, id like it alot if more people could join us in tandem.

i also cannot log into the game yet (new computer, need sir P to assist) but ill start playing as soon as possible and assist you guys starting up!

http://afterprotocol.com/index.php

Important notes: Sir P currently has to approve accounts (no automatic yet)
YOU MUST modify your updater clients information (which is listed on the web page) if you dont, well, you wont be able to play, and then you'll start spamming about why it wont work...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:47:00 pm by CyrusBlack »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7