Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Beyond Protocol Private Server  (Read 17044 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beyond Protocol Private Server
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:17:37 pm »

Greetings,

Scroll down if you dont want introduction ------ ACCEPTING NEW ACCOUNT

Some of you may know what Beyond Protocol is, for those who do not its a MMORTS game, you start with a small engineer, build up your first colony, expand and one day kill or be killed ally, stay neutral and make your money talk instead!

The main game server is now dead but before dieing they made a great move they released the source code, the company died but they saved their offspring wich all company should do should they die.

One day i saw a private server being hosted by D3Matt, some of you once again may know him from the Shore of Hazeron game. His server box was dead so i offered him to host his server. After 5 day of troubleshooting i finaly got it working and it is now stable.

Im opening it to my favorite community the B12ers.

Only backside is you will have to send me a PM with the login credential you want to use to log in game. PLEASE do not send me a user or password you use for anything. As the server will go back to D3Matt one day and as the host i may see your password once i get in database for X reason as it is not encrypted in the database.

Links to get you going with a steb-by-step installation instruction

First download the client EXE

http://matthew.ftpaccess.cc/BP.zip

The download the Ressource.zip

http://beyondprotocol.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/beyondprotocol/GameCode/Resources.zip?revision=55

The the missing Agent files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ts868wi3t592ntt

IRC where you can find me anytime ( Unless im working )

http://www.tomcom05.com/irc_client/HeavyApplet.html

make sure to join the beyond protocol channel or use this IRC link

irc://irc.tomcom05.com:6668/BeyondProtocol (Copy paste in your browser adress bar should do the trick )

Once you have all that create a new folder and drop everything in that folder and your good to go. While you download dont forget to send me a private message with your login credential so i can get you an account.

-----------============ If you sent me a PM and i didnt reply there is a chance your account is already setled just forgot to confirm, just come on IRC to have a confirmation===========----------
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:41:47 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Beyond Protocol Private Server
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

Thanks for this jocan2003! I was very sad to find out BP had gone down, I'd only ever played the trial, but it had always been on me 'to subscribe to' list once I had the money.

The fact that the game is being made available for free is amazing, as it's such an rewarding game to play. It's complicated, and the depth can be daunting at first, but I STRONGLY recommend anyone who enjoys deep RTS game play to check this out :0)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »

Any chance of some screenshots and a brief overview of gameplay?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll dig up a review from MMOhut. It has some screenies, a movie (or two? I know there's at least two movies on youtube but only see one linked on their site) and a written review.

It talks of the official site/creating accounts/subscriptions et all, but that's because the game was pay to play at the time.

Hope this helps :)

(EDIT: would help if I included the link!)
http://mmohuts.com/free-trials/beyond-protocol

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »

I used to play this in beta, and I never appreciated the complexity for how AMAZING it was. I can't wait to launch missions of espionage with my crack team of agents, or design the greatest alloy for fighters.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:06 pm »

Downloading now. Although the resources zip is a bit odd, no size given :D

Galenus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »

I've never heard of this before but it looks like what I believed what the perfect game would be like two years ago.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:59 pm »

Count me in; I recall hearing about it previously, but was scared away by the monthly fee.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08:01 pm »

its because it a direct link from a SVN repository on sourceforge. Also im happy you guy want to join!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm not getting the size in Firefox either. The Sourceforge says it's around 790 MBs though.

EDIT: Just finished the download. It's 753 MB, apparently.

EDIT2: So what will you guys have as your actual, in-game names? Will you go with the same as your login name, or will you make a roleplayish name?
Asking so I won't have an out-of-place name or anything.

EDIT3: Oh, and does the game ever append "The" to the Empire Name? I'm asking so I won't end up with The "The Whatevers".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:45:41 pm by FunctionZero »

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »

Link seems to broken

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:58 pm »

Link seems to broken
Which link? They all work for me.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »

The first one, I get a 404

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »

The first one, I get a 404
Huh, wierd.

I've reuploaded it to Mediafire, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rno5553z46okj5d

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:14 pm »

I use Cernunnos, for recognisability to those from B12 :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7