Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 269094 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Seems like there is a lot of support for a Supernatural mafia game, so we're going to do that.

Not an RP one this time, just a normal one.

Lurkertracker link for this game

Players (14)
  • Solifuge - Town Priest -  Resurrected - Demon
  • Toaster - Vampire Guard
  • Mysteriousbluepuppet - Guardian Angel
  • Jim Groovester - Vampire Dreamwalker
  • NUKE9.13 - Vampire Witch
  • IronyOwl - Town Witch
  • Leafsnail - Devil, Victorious
  • Dariush - Vampire Slave
  • Max White - Town Fortune Teller
  • Jokerman-EXE - Townsperson
  • Ottofar - Vampire Priest
  • Bdthemag - Vampire Lord
  • CrownOfFire - Town Warlock
  • NativeForeigner - Town Sexton

Bdthemag replaced kilakan (family emergency). Was gone for a bit, but has returned.
NativeForeigner replaced Azure Sepulchre (vanished) who replaced jakeread1 (lack of time)
IronyOwl replaced Pandarsenic (lack of time)
NUKE9.13 replaced Vector (lack of time)
Mysteriousbluepuppet replaced lordnincompoop (lack of time)
Ottofar replaced JoshuaFH (lack of internet)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:37:22 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Signups!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:00:03 pm »

Basic Rules:

Roles: The available town roles will be known. However, I will only give a general description of each role that will give an indication of what the role can do. More specific information will be given in role PMs as necessary. This means you will not know the specific rules of many of the roles, even if you know what they do.

Scum and 3rd party role information is not going to be posted in the thread.

All players are Town Aligned unless noted otherwise in their Role PM.

Quoting the Mod without permission results in a Modkill and a ban from the next game I run.

PMs are not allowed unless your Role specifically allows it.

Days will go for 72 hours (Ignoring weekends) or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
    In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur.

Night will go for 24 hours, though that's somewhat flexible. If you do not have your action in within the 24 hours you run the risk of losing your action for the night, though. If you choose not to use your action, please send that instead of just waiting for me to get on with the night without you.

Extensions: Extensions require at least 25% of the living players requesting an extension. Votes against the extension will reduce the counted number requesting (so, of 8 players if 3 vote for an extension and one votes against it it's still 2 for, which is 25%, which grants the extension.)
Extensions will extend the day by 24 hours. No more then two extensions will be granted on any given game day.

All votes should be colored red to make it easy for me to spot them.

In the event of a tie, a No-Lynch will occur.

Speaking While Dead: The dead may post once after they have died to comment on their death. They may not provide any information about the game in this post. After this, any posting in the game before it has ended will result in a one game ban from future games. Repeated abuse, or posts that have a major impact on the game, can result in a permaban from any future games.

Scum, Coven Witches, and some third parties will have special chat areas on http://www.quicktopic.com. I will PM the appropriate link to you at the start of the game or when you die.

There is no Dead Chat for this game, since coming back from the dead is possible.

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:

Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions
    Disturbing the Dead (there is an order for this, if two people target the same corpse, but that's kept hidden)

All kills will be effectively simultaneous. (I may make some literary liberties with this in the PMs, though)

Also, not all roles require the player to leave the house. Generally, magic sounding roles are going to work like Psychic roles in Paranormal. If your role does not require you to leave your house to use, you will be informed of this fact. Roles who don't leave their house cannot be role-blocked by the Guard, though he still protects them.

Potential Town Roles
  • Knight - a well trained, armed, and armored warrior. The Knight is too skilled to be easily slain by an attacker.
  • Guard - the Guard can lock someone in their house and stand guard through the night. This keeps them in, and others out. At least as long as the guard is around.
  • Mystic - Mystics can pierce the veil of reality to discover hidden truths. Seer, Oracles, and Fortune Tellers are all varieties of Mystic.
  • Thief - A wanderer of the night. Thieves often spot what others are up to.
  • Sorcerer - A powerful mage, the sorcerer likes to keep to himself and has the power to enforce his seclusion.
  • Wizard - A powerful mage, the Wizard can use his powers to help keep others safe.
  • Warlock - A mage who seeks knowledge from the shades of the dead
  • Illusionist - A mage whose mastery of light and shadow can use misdirection to help or harm.
  • Dreamwalker - An individual whose dreams may in fact be a reflection of reality
  • Priest - An individual dedicated to the gods. How well they serve the gods depends on just how dedicated they actually are.
  • Sexton - Charged with caring for the graveyard, he has much to do lately.
  • Sage - A learned individual, who can use this knowledge to piece together the clues and discover the truth of the recent events
  • Monster Hunter - A powerful warrior, trained to hunt down and kill the monsters that roam the world. May specialize in specific types.
  • Witch - Secretive folk who practice forbidden, ancient rites. They hold few secrets from one another

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »

Ready to get triplekilled again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »

I'm 3/3 nontown in Supernatural- will it happen again?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06:18 pm »

In.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 04:30:18 pm »

In.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »

In!

Fourth simultaneous game, but man... I really, really want to play this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

I'm 3/3 nontown in Supernatural- will it happen again?
In.
In!
Agck, you've forced my hand, Mafia Board. You win this time.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:56 pm »

Goddamnit I told myself I wasn't going to sign up for this until the games I was in finished.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 05:36:24 pm »

In.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 07:05:09 pm »

Watching.
Not in the mood to play.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:43 pm »

Barely over an hour and a half and eight sign ups.  Good sign for activity, that.

In!

Fourth simultaneous game, but man... I really, really want to play this.

Me too, damn it.  Can't not play a Meph game though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »

Yeah, I really want to get a few (read: a lot of) games in before I have to go back to school seriously.  Plus, this game fits in really well with my current interests, thematically :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:01 pm »

Would it help you guys if we hold off on actually starting until next Monday?
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51:33 pm »

Would it help you guys if we hold off on actually starting until next Monday?

Yes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70