Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 270972 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2011, 07:10:40 pm »

It is one thing to say you don't want to lower the numbers, it is another to say why.
I'm lowering the numbers to pretty much nuke all scum, who are you opposed to it?

How sure are you that the majority of the deal takers are scum?

Oppose Shorten.

I think Solifuge might have a point, losing this many players with no good idea of whether or not we'd be getting rid of scum or losing town just seems like a bad idea.

Irony and Max seem way too eager to lower the numbers. I'm not necessarily against a Toaster lynch, I don't have a solid opinion on that yet, but I am against potentially sending town's chance to win to hell.
Do you have an opinion on anything? Day's kind of ending here, man.

What would you say to you accepting the kill and offing Solifuge instead?

I'm working on one, there's a lot to catch up on and a lot of what's going on right now is a little complicated. But you have a point, I think we should extend.

That would still put us in a position where too many people die at once for my tastes. Unless I'm missing something like confirmed scum or something. Am I missing that information about those on the devil's chopping block?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #976 on: September 19, 2011, 07:18:06 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
NativeForeigner: Toaster
Bdthemag: Solifuge
Toaster: ECrownOfFire, Leafsnail, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Max White, IronyOwl

The scribe stands up and reads off the tally. As the scribe reads off the votes against him, Toaster flys into a fit of rage.

"Damn you! Damn you all! I work tirelessly to protect this town! I've spent nights standing guard and days wracking my brain for you! And this? This is how you repay me?" He pulls out a dagger.

"I'm not going to just walk up to that noose. Never! You hear me? Never!"

His eyes widen with shock as a crossbow bolt slams into his chest. He tries to speak, but his lips move silently as red bubbles spill from his mouth.

After a few moments he collapses to the ground.

The High Priest, shaking his head sadly, walks over to the body and kneels down next to it. After a few moments he rises, his hands tracing a blessing in the air.

"Poor Toaster. I fear that our valiant Guard fell under the sway of the Vampires. May the gods give him rest."

You disperse back to your houses. All of you with some trepidation for what the night might bring.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 5 - 1 Replacement still needed!
« Reply #977 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:36 pm »

You gather again in the courtyard. But today...today things are very different.

Four bodies are laid out in the center of the courtyard. The High Priest is moving amongst them.

As you get closer you see IronyOwl, ECrownOfFire, Bdthemag, and Max White. Looking around you also see that Mysteriousbluepuppet and Leafsnail are missing.

“Last night was full of dark magic, and the forces of evil were busy.” Says the High Priest, grimly. “But I think perhaps not all of this is bad for us.”

“IronyOwl was a Witch, a practitioner of ancient magics. And while I usually do not mourn the death of a heretic, he does not seem to have been working for the Vampires. I hope we do not feel his loss too keenly this day. I’m not sure who murdered him, but the blow that shattered his chest was powerful indeed. I imagine he felt little pain, at least.”

“ECrownOfFire was a Warlock, and like IronyOwl is not one I would normally mourn. But it seems he truly was working in the interests of the town this entire time. There are no marks upon him, and I sense that his soul was ripped from him. I fear he is out of the gods hands, now, but I shall pray for him nonetheless.”

“Max White was indeed a Fortune Teller. It seems that all those who deal with unholy powers come to a bad end. I shall need to add that to my sermons. But, again, he seems to have given his soul for the sake of the town. We shall pray for him as well.”

"Of Mysteriousbluepuppet there is no sign. I had a dream last night, however, of a Guardian Angel lifting a soul to the heavens. I think he told us the truth, and this servant of the gods has left us know that IronyOwl has been slain. I suppose I must wonder why an angel would care so much for a heretic. Something to ponder in the years ahead, should we live that long."

"Leafsnail is gone as well. His house stank of darkness. I am confident that he was a Devil, and is gone for now. We must be ever vigilant, however, for this fiend will surly return to tempt the righteous in the future."

“Now...Bdthemag. This is fascinating. It looks like this was our Vampire Lord. Look, here, at the fangs. It seems his lust for power was too much, and he too fell into the Devil’s trap. But I shall not waste my breath on prayers for such a monster.”

“With the Lord out of the way, you would think that we are safe. But the gods warn me that the danger has not yet passed. And so your work is not over. Not yet.”

“Choose well, for you hold the fate of this town in your hands.”

Day 6 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Ottofar is replacing JoshuaFH.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:17:32 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 2 Replacement needed!
« Reply #978 on: September 22, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »

I told you assholes I was a Dreamwalker.

But nooooooooo, no one wanted to believe me.

Except Guard, not Dreamwalker.  But yeah, bah and all that.

Also, highest body count ever?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 6 - Only three remain
« Reply #979 on: September 22, 2011, 03:04:13 pm »

Ahahahahahahaha.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 22, 2011, 03:14:04 pm »

Six players, nearly half the starting players, and two-thirds of the surviving players. Yeah, that's probably some kind of record.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 22, 2011, 03:35:29 pm »

Wow.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 22, 2011, 04:59:36 pm »

Holy crap, collateral damage. I'd like to take a brief moment of gloating to say how I totally called Bd based on his claim... but why he didn't take a Devil Kill from Leaf is surprising. I'm genuinely surprised at CrownOfFire too; I guess he really was just doing a bad job at Town after all.

Anyway, it looks like we lucked out enough to get ourselves to LYLO, with 1 Cultist left. Though questionably pious, I have held onto my res, so if we mislynch today, we at least have a chance to get another try. It's not guaranteed, but I can res one player, and we have a shot at bringing back a Townie, to avoid a loss, and even if they come back Demon, they'll prevent the remaining Cultist from winning by majority. I don't think the mislynch would be recoverable if they came back a Demon, though.

We could also no-lynch today, and get a 4th player, but it suffers from similar problems regarding the Demon. We could actually let the potential Demon prove their role as Town overnight, or if a Demon, we could let them kill on the chance that they'd get the Cultist. If so, it leaves them open to be lynched, for a Town win.

Anyway, back later tonight, for some proper statistics and scumhunting.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #983 on: September 22, 2011, 05:04:58 pm »

Shiiit, that's crazy. Definitely a record, excluding any bastard mods, of course.

Down to the last 3 now, good luck to whoever is Town. Seriously, please win.

Bah.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 23, 2011, 02:27:37 am »

There's also the possibility of you being a demon, Solifuge.

Anyways, I'm gonna read and all that today.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 24, 2011, 12:40:32 am »

There's three of us. I'm town, Solifuge can't be the lord, so that leaves Ottofar. There is no way I can prove this right now because that would mean digging even more intensively through almost 70 pages. You've been around Solifuge, so I'm sure you can make this decision yourself.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 5 - 1 Replacement still needed!
« Reply #986 on: September 24, 2011, 03:00:37 am »

“Now...Bdthemag. This is fascinating. It looks like this was our Vampire Lord. Look, here, at the fangs. It seems his lust for power was too much, and he too fell into the Devil’s trap. But I shall not waste my breath on prayers for such a monster.”

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 24, 2011, 03:03:58 am »

Herp derp.

Unvote.

I'm an idiot.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 24, 2011, 03:16:54 am »

And this is kinda why I think Solifuge might be a demon.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 24, 2011, 03:21:08 am »

Hm. I think you might be right. A demon functions as a SK, right? So if we lynched Solifuge and it turns out that you're a cultist, we would just go back and forth resulting in a tie (assuming you have no tricks up your sleeve).
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70