Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 270757 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 6 - Only three remain
« Reply #1005 on: September 25, 2011, 03:47:58 pm »

Also, NF, I couldn't be the Lord either since Joshua, whom I replaced, revived Solifuge. But yeah.

Funny, you're the one that pointed out that the vampire lord had been killed.

Ottofar.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 26, 2011, 11:43:46 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Ottofar: NativeForeigner, Solifuge
Solifuge: Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 26, 2011, 03:53:40 pm »

You sure?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 26, 2011, 04:17:14 pm »

A mighty rebuttal indeed.

I don't know if there's any more discussion that either needs to or is going to happen, and I'm as sure as I can be. Shorten.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 26, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »

You sure?

Damn, now I'm totally questioning myself.

Do you have anything else to say or should we just end it?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2011, 06:24:36 am »

Bluh.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 27, 2011, 06:35:37 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Ottofar: NativeForeigner, Solifuge
Solifuge: Ottofar

The silence hangs like a palpable blanket over the crowd. Everyone sits, barely willing to breathe. They can sense that their fates are in the hands of the three in the center of the courtyard.

But who should they be rooting for?

Eventually the High Priest stands up and walks over to the Scribe. Reading off the tally he looks around.

"As there has been no real motion or discussion in quite some time, I think it is best we end this. The sun has begun to set, and I would rather we finish this business while there is still daylight."

"Ottofar, you have been chosen for death. Step forward."

Baring his teeth, Ottofar screams "Never! I hold within me a power none of you can comprehend! I will
not allow myself to slaughtered just to follow your rules. I am my own now, and you shall all bow down before me!"

A guard steps forward to restrain him, but Ottofar grabs hold of the man and flings him away. He flies nearly a dozen yards to crash into the side of a building and collapses into a heap. A few people rush over to help him as the rest of the guards draw weapons and advance on Ottofar.

Eyes glowing an eerie blue he fights wildly, every blow shattering bone and sending guards flying. But his own flesh is still weak, and a few guards manage to stab him. Time and time again they stab down into him, long after his body has stopped moving.

Eventually the High Priest calls for them to stop, and walks over to the body. Soon he makes a holy sign over the body and bows his head. "Ottofar was a good Priest of mine. It is a great pity that he was corrupted by the dark magics of the Vampires. I know that he did not submit to them willingly."

He looks out over the crowd. "I sense no more threat from the Vampires, my friends. I think our curse is finally lift-" he staggers forward, his eyes wide in shock. As he falls forward you see Solifuge standing behind him, a bloody dagger in his hand. His head is cocked to the side, and he has a strange expression on his face.

"Huh. Well, that was fun! I kinda like stabbing people!"

The guards wheel around, weapons rising against this new threat.

Solifuge's eyes begin to glow, a bright yellow-green. The light flows out and bursts around him. Everyone close by screams in pain as the light pierces their eyes.

"Time to come out, my friends. It's time for us to play!" the sing-song voice coming from Solifuge is strange and alien.

As the eyesight of the onlookers returns they see a strange greenish glow. The very air parts like curtains as a multitude of strange furry creatures spill forth. Cries of pain and terror fill the air as teeth and claw rip into flesh. The guards fight bravely, but they are too few.

NativeForeigner tries to run, but the poor Sexton is no match for the Demons. They tear him apart before he has taken more than a few steps.

The setting sun paints the roofs of city red while the blood of its citizens stains the streets a darker crimson. And over it all is the mad cackling of the Demon Solifuge...

Game over!

That was interesting. Bravo to Solifuge for pulling off an SK win without ever actually performing a kill!

The sheer number of replacements that had to happen this game was tragic, but I hope people had fun anyway. I think it was a really neat set-up and I had a lot of fun with all of the role interactions.

Vampire Chat
Coven Chat

Role PMs and Night actions to follow in the next post.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 27, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

Oh god damn it, good job Solifuge tricking us into believing you weren't an insane serial killer.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory
« Reply #1013 on: September 27, 2011, 06:41:33 pm »

Oh snap!

That was highly awesome. Nice job solifuge!
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 27, 2011, 06:47:07 pm »

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 5 (click to show/hide)

Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:46 pm »

Random analysis: I think I was very lucky that the scum were vampires this time around.  It meant that there was someone who the town wanted dead more than me and who they couldn't afford to waste time finding (if the mafia were normal you'd probably just lynch a claimed devil) and it kept my options open as far as deals were concerned (since everyone was alive except those lynched and those killed off by my deals).  Solifuge also benefitted from this too, especially since he was perfectly confirmed not to be the vampire lord.

Solifuge was obviously a demon from not using his revive on the previous night (and not even offering to use his revive at any point, even when I was offering the deal - I would've mentioned it if I gave a damn about the town winning).  Although of course if he were lynched on the last day the town would've just lost to a different faction.

I'd like to thank Meph for a really cool and well run game (in spite of requiring so many replacements).  I think the Devil is certainly a pretty interesting role, who can completely turn the game around depending on who deals with him how (in this case I helped win the game for Solifuge, who was of the only alignment who didn't deal with me.  Hell buddies!).

Six players, nearly half the starting players, and two-thirds of the surviving players. Yeah, that's probably some kind of record.
I think the record was probably set in Bellsounder.  8 out of 9 players killed in one night.

...That was also (indirectly) me.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1017 on: September 27, 2011, 06:51:53 pm »

I KNEW that we should have killed him :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 27, 2011, 06:54:20 pm »

Hm, so Town was screwed at that point anyway. A pity.

Also Max you derp, what could possibly have made you go for me or MBP? Leafsnail confirmed MBP.

Finally, I had a feeling Jim's rant about Bdthemag and Dariush was more like bitching about the situation he was in and less just mentioning a theory. Probably should have ignored efficiency concerns and just lynched Bdthemag the second to last day.

Solifuge was obviously a demon from not using his revive on the previous night (and not even offering to use his revive at any point, even when I was offering the deal - I would've mentioned it if I gave a damn about the town winning).  Although of course if he were lynched on the last day the town would've just lost to a different faction.
The "at least one priest is impious" theory was fairly sound, I thought.

Six players, nearly half the starting players, and two-thirds of the surviving players. Yeah, that's probably some kind of record.
I think the record was probably set in Bellsounder.  8 out of 9 players killed in one night.

...That was also (indirectly) me.
How?! :o

I KNEW that we should have killed him :P
...who, Leafsnail? That wouldn't have helped us, though refusing the deal/doing it differently might have. If you mean literally anyone else, you should have stopped wallowing in "trolololol can't get any scummier but they can't lynch me trololololol" mode and actually done something about it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 27, 2011, 06:55:52 pm »

Bellsounder was a bastard game I think, so it doesn't really count.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70