Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You're largest Dwarf colony?  (Read 3626 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: You're largest Dwarf colony?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:05 am »

Somewhere around 400, like 406.  My computer hated me during that time.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 11:29:23 am »

300 dwarves. Was slow but doable. However, my army was destroyed by a FB with deadly blood, and a few sieges were waiting outside... It remained on the lockdown for a few years and it slowly crumbled.

sarus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 11:29:56 am »

Is the FPS really that bad? I would of thought with these graphics you could do anything you wanted?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:00 am »

I am the largest Dwarf colony, it is me.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:41 am »

Is the FPS really that bad? I would of thought with these graphics you could do anything you wanted?

My friend, you can never do anything you want using simple graphics of little men running while dropping your FPS rate.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

The graphics may be simple. However, the pathing, temperature checking, decision making of inhabitants, fluid flows, combat calculations and so on most certanly arent.
This is a blank sig.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 11:57:19 am »

I think my highest was around 80 before I applied proper population control. I don't like large populations. I usually try to keep it around 30 to 40.
Agreed. I start running out of things to do with my dwarfs at that point, so I tend to prefer a flat 50 pop rate. I lock the rest outside, since my fortress is self sustaining at that point.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 12:27:34 pm »

I wish I had a god-tier computer so I could make a massive embark for an extensive megaproject that would actually put all my dwarves to use.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.
Pages: 1 [2]