Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Goblin Fortress  (Read 33512 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: goblin fortress
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:23 pm »

goblins are not restricted to just cave animals, i dont think.  with the taming changes, they should have quite a bit available.  their leaders often go on quests and tame things as well.  if you are lucky enough to get a goblin civ with a surviving, active, tamer leader, you can have some interesting creatures indeed on embark.

so, in the spirit of leaving as much of the game unchanged that i can, thank you for the offer, but no thanks.  was really nice of you to ask.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 11:34:53 pm »

goblins are not restricted to just cave animals, i dont think.  with the taming changes, they should have quite a bit available.  their leaders often go on quests and tame things as well.  if you are lucky enough to get a goblin civ with a surviving, active, tamer leader, you can have some interesting creatures indeed on embark.

so, in the spirit of leaving as much of the game unchanged that i can, thank you for the offer, but no thanks.  was really nice of you to ask.

No problem, just wanted to help. I'm just hoping you continue working on this as well :)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2012, 06:08:30 am »

yep, just waiting for a break in the updated with bigger raw edits, as i have to redo everything all over again.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:43 pm »

Actually you won't, the next release will be save-compatible, it means that the raws will be almost the same.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »

Topic: goblin fortress

Do you think that is attractive?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2012, 05:51:22 am »

Actually you won't, the next release will be save-compatible, it means that the raws will be almost the same.
yep.  im lazy.  havent been testing.  last uploaded version needs changes to bring it back inline with vanilla.  i'll get to it sooner or later.

i'm sorry, i dont take your meaning.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2012, 11:02:47 pm »

yep.  im lazy.  havent been testing.  last uploaded version needs changes to bring it back inline with vanilla.  i'll get to it sooner or later.

i'm sorry, i dont take your meaning.
I believe he is, at least partially asking you to capitalize the title of the thread.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »

if that is the case, i am quite dejected.  that someone would care enough about that sort of thing to make a post about it.

while i know i dont have a bunch of fancy ascii shenanigans in my topic title, the lack of caps is just the way that i type.  been typing this way, quite prolifically, for far too long to change now.

but in the interest of the goodwill usually shown on these forums, i shall add proper caps, if it makes anyone feel any better about anything.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2012, 03:34:46 am »

I think he might have been referencing a very very awkward thread once made titled Goblin Fortress. I think it was one of the few threads ever deleted by Toady.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:06 pm »

I think he might have been referencing a very very awkward thread once made titled Goblin Fortress. I think it was one of the few threads ever deleted by Toady.
oh, sorry i missed that, then.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2012, 12:57:06 pm »

Indeed. One of the longest NSFW threads that I have ever seen to descend on the forum. It kept going for a month or two including fan-art by various people and a few stories. I think the whole thing is actually archived on 1d4chan.org in the "Dwarf Fortress" category if you ever feel the need to sear your brain. Of course since then (late 2008) we've only really had a few sizable NSFW threads ever descend, namely that one and the incubus/succubus mod back in 2010 (which just pushed the boundaries a little). Other then that the forum has been remarkable clean, with little cleanup needed on Toady's end.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Fortress
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2012, 01:07:35 pm »

Reguardless of all that nonsense:

I have been using this, merged partially with bits of the Orc 2012 mod (the armor/weapons) as a goblin civilization.  I must say that I've noticed in worldgen MANY sites being taken over by the gobbos... that is, until two or more of the civs around them get totally fed up with the Gobs and taken them out, leaving either a Ruin or "Dark Elven Fortress of Grubshabsnot".

I rather like it, and it leads to some situations with a Second and sometimes Third or Fourth Age of Legends, as once the site is taken away from the gobs, they are no longer hitting the population cap for their civilization and can expand at another one of their Dark Fortresses.  Since Gobbos are immortal and not natural, they count as beasties and bump the Age back up to Myth status rather quickly.

My record is "6th Age Of Legends".  It sounded awesome but it was only year 200 on a medium sized map... so kind of unplayable and there were far too many sites to allow for a good Fortress Game.  Gobbos were also QUITE dead, which is why the worldgen stopped at that point, and the threshold was set at 95% dead beasties.  Adventure mode would have consisted of killing panthers and not much else...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:10:25 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Fortress
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »

neat.

my own personal builds have been testing gobbos living in different sites.  caves resulted in stagnant and dead gobs.  towns (and the addition of religion) have made goblins a lot more interesting.  i still feel i need to tweak some things, as elves and humans often tag team the goblins.  the elves wouldent be so bad if they didnt bring like 500 giant war dingos or other nutty creatures.

or if the gobbos wouldent murder the clown bosses that win them wars.  it really burns me up to see a clown successfully defend against two attacks per year, for 50 years, only to get murdered by a gob that is killed the start of the next war.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]