Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King and Baron  (Read 1493 times)

Fire_fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
King and Baron
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:37:20 pm »

Well I have play a fort for about 7 years. I have gotten the screen about making my mayor into a Baron and I accepted it but he is still a mayor. Also the really strange thing is that I got the pop up about a king arriving but in my nobles screen I have no king. I got about 3 legendary warriors in the migrant wave the cave "with" the king. Anyone have any idea about whats going on? I am set as a mountain home as well.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: King and Baron
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »

What's your fortress's population?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fire_fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

222 dwarves with 46 dwarven children.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:42:05 pm »

It's possible you simply managed to meet the requirements for Becoming the Capital - sufficient architectural value, sufficient road value, and having Offered enough goods to the Dwarven caravan  (which you should never be doing otherwise, since it doesn't do anything at all).

I've observed that one of the requirements for getting "Becoming the Capital" is having a population of 140 - if you never actually had a Baron, it's possible that this is the only requirement.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fire_fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:08:46 pm »

I remembers that one time (It may have been the time that the barony was offered to me) the outpost liaison died for some reason. I know this because I got the message but I only found his body in the bottom of a pond. I may have met the requirements the game thought that I had a baron but I didn't so no king was moved?

I think i'm a capital with no king. I am set as a mountain home and it just hit early winter with no visit from a dwarven caravan.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:12:08 pm by Fire_fox »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

press "c" and check your civ.... do you have "no important leaders"?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Fire_fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:56:20 am »

Ya after the liaison died there were none left. I was thinking that could be the reason.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:05:58 am »

Ya after the liaison died there were none left. I was thinking that could be the reason.

yes, your king has died, and one was not selected as a replacement for some reason.  might be your parent civ is dead.

if the liaison died before leaving the map, and after talking to your mayor about becoming a barony, it's possible you might have missed out on that.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Fearless Son

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 01:28:22 am »

Something similar is happening to me.  I have a fortress, reached county status, started filling out requirements for the king.  Gave an excessive amount of offerings (orders of magnitude more value than necessary but I could afford it and wanted to hedge my bets) laid down lots of roads (some external but mostly indoor roads in the soil layer hallways of the upper levels of the fortress) and am now waiting for the king's arrival. 

Unfortunately, I see now after checking the civilization screen that my parent civilization has no important leaders.  What happened?  Can the king get killed en-route? 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:56:43 pm by Fearless Son »