Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's play...Fallout 3: New vegas. Like a real hardcore.

(1/13) > >>

shadenight123:
So, since i pretty much had this idea in my mind, i decided: i will make a let's play.
And since of all games, i'm pretty confident only on the fallout 3 series, i'll make an hardcore-extreme difficulty of the game.
First of all, the game is fallout 3 new vegas, and it will be played in hardcore mode.
so, starting off:
what should the three tag skills be?
what should the two beginning traits be?
what should our attributes be like?
i possess the game+all the updates till now+all the dlc till now (except lonesome road)
BUT i will dump away everything obtained through caravan pack and the like, keeping ONLY the basic things or those i can scavenge.
so...anyone interested in seeing me fail and die horribly?
oh, and ironman rules, i die, i start again.
now you'll just have to suggest me an easy to use screenshot program (fraps excluded!), if you want the screenshots.
and who doesn't want the screenshots?

Stworca:
Guns, Repair, Sneak are the best skills to take for an Ironman, Hardcore play. There is enough food in game for survivability to be a mediocre skill, to take only for some special perks.
Medicine, Explosives are also two amazingly important skills, to be raised quickly.

I'd also suggest "New FPS" and "Better Headshots" mods, for quicker and MUCH more brutal combat. To summ them up : Stay in cover and draw quickly, or die. (applies to enemies too. No more will the raiders take 35 shotgun headshots before dying)

You may not like them, but in my opinion, only with both of the above you face a truly hostile, merciless wasteland.

shadenight123:

--- Quote from: Stworca on July 27, 2011, 02:47:39 pm ---Guns, Repair, Sneak are the best skills to take for an Ironman, Hardcore play. There is enough food in game for survivability to be a mediocre skill, to take only for some special perks.
Medicine, Explosives are also two amazingly important skills, to be raised quickly.

I'd also suggest "New FPS" and "Better Headshots" mods, for quicker and MUCH more brutal combat. To summ them up : Stay in cover and draw quickly, or die. (applies to enemies too. No more will the raiders take 35 shotgun headshots before dying)

You may not like them, but in my opinion, only with both of the above you face a truly hostile, merciless wasteland.

--- End quote ---

of the first one, which of the two? low health or high damage? or both? >.> ? i have no problem whatsoever in using mods, apart from it being the first time using them for fallout 3 new vegas (my oblivion game for example is no longer vanilla like...from five years ago?)

Stworca:
I remember playing with "New FPS" version, so the second one. From what i understand it was the "deadlier" option. I really had to stay on my toes against everything, and things like large dog packs required automatic weapons, wild axe swinging or downright explosions.

shadenight123:

--- Quote from: Stworca on July 27, 2011, 03:09:44 pm ---I remember playing with "New FPS" version, so the second one. From what i understand it was the "deadlier" option. I really had to stay on my toes against everything, and things like large dog packs required automatic weapons, wild axe swinging or downright explosions.

--- End quote ---

downloaded them both, now where do i place them...*starts tinkering*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version