Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 151631 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Vherid/Colors 7
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »

Download

Use any of these grandiose colors with any of your favorite tilesets such as Taffer, Crazy8x8s, Grim Fortress, or even the defaults. The color schemes have all been tested on my calibrated monitor, so if things are off contrast wise or I'm just retarded with my monitor, feel free to change them to your needs, they should be fine though. Use anything here for anything you want, just credit me.

I have currently ceased support and effort on my tiles, They're not likely to work with 40.## as I cut the unused symbols out of most of the sets, and I don't really like them that much anymore. There's far better alternatives out there. If you really want to use them, they are still below.
Tiles
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:00:30 pm by Vherid »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid.set 3
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:52:15 pm »

I really like it, especially the colour scheme. I would replace the light purple with a pink.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »

I really like it, especially the colour scheme. I would replace the light purple with a pink.

I was thinking about that.

EDIT: Light purple replaced with pink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:20:36 pm by Vherid »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49:02 am »

The colors on this are beautiful, I may finally switch to ASCII graphics if I use this. Well done.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:41:41 am »

The colors on this are beautiful, I may finally switch to ASCII graphics if I use this. Well done.

Thanks, again I wouldn't say it's fully mine, but I guess I did have a part in this final result.

OP updated/cleaned/etc.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:41:53 am »

Beautiful.

I love ASCII, but I really don't like it when the colors are so bright and eye-raping.

ASCII+ is an understatement. This is ASCII Art.

Great work.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:52:32 am »

I really like it! The color scheme is very mellow and easy on the eyes.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »

Thanks

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 12:42:42 pm »

Heh, you may have convinced me to use ASCII again, just because it looks so crisp.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:04 pm »

Heh, you may have convinced me to use ASCII again, just because it looks so crisp.

Yeah that's why I prefer the smaller tilesets, bigger ones aren't as crisp.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »

You were absolutely right when you said that the larger tilesets looks strange. That's why I don't use them. You either look at neat pictures of dwarves that don't seem to fit into their environment, or you look at symbols that flow together perfectly.

I prefer the flow to the higher resolution.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »

You were absolutely right when you said that the larger tilesets looks strange. That's why I don't use them. You either look at neat pictures of dwarves that don't seem to fit into their environment, or you look at symbols that flow together perfectly.

Have you ever tried to play DF with a small ASCII tileset at a high resolution? Although it is not good for performance, it looks really good!

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 01:35:08 pm »

Very good, using it now.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 02:08:37 pm »

Have you ever tried to play DF with a small ASCII tileset at a high resolution? Although it is not good for performance, it looks really good!

Yeah it's great at 1920x1080 fullscreen

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

There are HD Ascii Tilesets? Can you direct me to one? I ought to try that out. My CPU could probably handle it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17