Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 151835 times)

illmatix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid.set 4
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »

Very nice! Thanks

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »

I'll see about tweaking the orange. I might only a little bit or might not, I don't know.

But I do have this.

Dark Sand

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lowst

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:11:32 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid//Set 5
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »

annnnnnd, version 5 is out. Removed colors I find redundant or shitty, put in all the new ones. Missing walls on all the tilesets fixed, and also removed redundant or unwanted tiles, while adding the RA tiles.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid//Set.5
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2013, 04:57:17 am »

What is RA?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:05 am »

What is RA?

A mod that I'm disgustingly slowly working on. Going to be about running an Ancient Egyptian Cult instead of dwarfs.

maxs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2013, 01:54:46 am »

Hey man, just want to say great job.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to make your tileset work with the CLA creature graphics?

Thanks,
Max

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:32 pm »

Hey man, just want to say great job.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to make your tileset work with the CLA creature graphics?

Thanks,
Max

Put the graphics in the proper folder, in the init file just set graphics to yes, and put the tileset name in both the appropriate places.

Also another new colorscheme that fits the wasteland/grim idea far nicer than my previous iteration.

Sorrow

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2013, 10:48:35 pm »

Dark Sand

I'm quite enjoying Dark Sand, however, the text is difficult to read. An example of this is the 'Move Goods to/from Depot' screen. Lightening Dark Grey's values even slightly yielded positive results to readability without upsetting the colour balance much. I used the values below.

[DGRAY_R:24]
[DGRAY_G:42]
[DGRAY_B:58]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:50:28 pm by Taffer »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:44 am »

Dark Sand

I'm quite enjoying Dark Sand, however, the text is difficult to read. An example of this is the 'Move Goods to/from Depot' screen. Lightening Dark Grey's values even slightly yielded positive results to readability without upsetting the colour balance much. I used the values below.

[DGRAY_R:24]
[DGRAY_G:42]
[DGRAY_B:58]

I'll look into that.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »

There is going to be a -massive- overhaul of all tilesets soon.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2013, 11:40:24 am »

I wanted to try ascii-like and i think i will wait for that overhaul and start with your tileset

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2014, 02:16:16 pm »

My continuous quest for data density and obscurity has led me to a decently/mostly accurate Cyrillic tileset that follows ISO-9 translation for a english cyrillic phonetic, mostly. Obviously there's no subsitute for W or Q except outside of slavic Cyrillic where they appear to look/sound exactly the same I believe anyways. Some things are a little off because there's no place to put some letters like Ч or Ш and etc, and instead you get things like ХЦ instead of Ch which isn't really accurate. Either way though, it gives you a new matrix effect for those who are already too used to ASCII and want something even more obscure to bedazzle those around you. Here's some previews:

and yes this is plugged into a copy of the grim fortress tiles in these previews, I'm only using that as a 10x12 size framework for this version. I think I'll make a nice 8x8 version off of the actual CP866 tiles too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:17:55 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2014, 06:40:30 pm »

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:17:46 pm by Vherid »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2014, 05:42:45 pm »

Spoiler: quote (click to show/hide)

Is this Grim Fortress? or a version of it you've modified? either way I really like the color scheme and the tileset. Download Link? Of course I'd like traditional English but what are those color values?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:15 pm »

Is this Grim Fortress? or a version of it you've modified? either way I really like the color scheme and the tileset. Download Link? Of course I'd like traditional English but what are those color values?

I said in that post under the images that it was. In the post above yours it is the tileset at the top of those 3. I don't have a traditional english version as otherwise it wouldn't be that different from grim fortress, whereas my cyrillic version of it only has a few tiles from grim fortress overall. Those pics are using the dark sand color scheme that you can also find above or in the downloaded tileset/colorscheme package in the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17