Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 151819 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid//Set.5
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2014, 01:01:47 am »

Jade

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

a_bee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:54 pm »

superb! i really like that color vherid. thanks for all your hardwork. :)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2014, 12:40:21 am »

I think I'm going to stop doing/supporting the tilesets. What had a purpose when I started making these, years ago; creating a tileset that would suit my needs to offer the best of ascii+ ideas from multiple tilesets, and start digging into creating some of my own tiles to suit tastes; is no longer really a thing for me. Maybe I'll do only the 9x9 tileset, it's the one I find most interesting to myself, but I no longer use any of my own tilesets, I find Vanilla, Taffer, Grim Fortress, Jolly Bastion, and crazy 8x8s to all be superior for my tastes. I will still allow what is currently served to be downloaded, but I imagine the focus will go to only the 9x9 tileset. I might have some future ventures for tileset ideas, but I'm not sure about that.

Either way beyond focusing on that one size, if at all, the main focus is on the color schemes now. This is where I feel I still got the WHOLE MARKET. I don't use any color schemes except for my own, I think they're fantastic, and especially the more recent ones, have been getting better and better. I still have a few more ideas for colors to possibly try, but I'm not quite sure where to go next, I've reached a pretty wide range of colors so far.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

I think I'm going to stop doing/supporting the tilesets. What had a purpose when I started making these, years ago; creating a tileset that would suit my needs to offer the best of ascii+ ideas from multiple tilesets, and start digging into creating some of my own tiles to suit tastes; is no longer really a thing for me. Maybe I'll do only the 9x9 tileset, it's the one I find most interesting to myself, but I no longer use any of my own tilesets, I find Vanilla, Taffer, Grim Fortress, Jolly Bastion, and crazy 8x8s to all be superior for my tastes. I will still allow what is currently served to be downloaded, but I imagine the focus will go to only the 9x9 tileset. I might have some future ventures for tileset ideas, but I'm not sure about that.

Either way beyond focusing on that one size, if at all, the main focus is on the color schemes now. This is where I feel I still got the WHOLE MARKET. I don't use any color schemes except for my own, I think they're fantastic, and especially the more recent ones, have been getting better and better. I still have a few more ideas for colors to possibly try, but I'm not quite sure where to go next, I've reached a pretty wide range of colors so far.

Thank you for the compliment! I'll redo my thread and dffd at some point, and promote your colours better. I enjoy your colour schemes. I would have been using screenshots with your colours all along and linking to them, but early comments indicated confusion between the differences between our tilesets, so I stopped using them.

I suggest more colour schemes without the brown/sepia tones that a number of your colour schemes have. Perhaps an "improved vanilla" colour scheme, or some blue colour schemes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:54:05 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »

What is RA?

A mod that I'm disgustingly slowly working on. Going to be about running an Ancient Egyptian Cult instead of dwarfs.

I'd be interested in a minor mod that still focuses on dwarves, but gives them a minor Ancient Egyptian spin. For example, the ancient nords in Skyrim with their embalming and sarcophagi. Fewer features also means less work.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:04:53 pm by Taffer »

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2014, 03:07:46 am »

I was getting kind of tired of see all the funky icons transposed into the text and broken menu screens when using the graphical tile sets.  I started backing away from them when I started using yours last year.  The VS5 tile set is such a nice balance between bling and interface.  I totally get what you're saying though, there comes a point where it's kinda of hard to improve perfection. ;D 

I really hope you modify VS5 if there are any significant changes in the next update, otherwise it will be missed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:27:41 am by Clatch »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2014, 11:22:57 am »

I was getting kind of tired of see all the funky icons transposed into the text and broken menu screens when using the graphical tile sets.  I started backing away from them when I started using yours last year.  The VS5 tile set is such a nice balance between bling and interface.  I totally get what you're saying though, there comes a point where it's kinda of hard to improve perfection. ;D 

I really hope you modify VS5 if there are any significant changes in the next update, otherwise it will be missed.

Well thank you, we'll see what happens.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid//Set.6
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2014, 07:57:02 pm »

New update, all new color schemes created at this point are now in the downloadable set. Tile sets have been reduced to just my 9x9, 12x12 and 10x10 Ra set. NES and Jolly Bastion Warm have been removed from the color schemes. Matrix and Ash were revamped for the better instead of being random color scales.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:50 pm »

After some thinking I'll probably bring back the original ASCII tiles once I re-go through them again and come up with something a little more unique possibly. I'm probably gonna go through the vherid tiles for some rehauls possibly as well. I'll upload old stuff not included like that to a imgur album for people to use though if they really want the old stuff for some reason.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

I really like your use of gradients even with the stock ascii tiles.  The tiles seem more vibrant but well balanced.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2014, 02:40:49 pm »

doubled up... Please delete
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:42:38 pm by Clatch »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

Fields

Summer

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »

Some screens of the Fields color scheme.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:10 am »

Wouldn't it be cool to have the color sets change automatically between seasons?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2014, 04:29:22 am »

Wouldn't it be cool to have the color sets change automatically between seasons?

This would be so cool!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:31:15 am by Flandre »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17