Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 152783 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Vherid//Set.6
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2014, 05:08:40 am »

Wouldn't it be cool to have the color sets change automatically between seasons?

This would be so cool!
I think that would be an amazing idea, but the issue is that DF loads that text file upon start-up. This means , even if a dfhack script changes the color scheme when the season changes, you would still have to save, close DF, restart DF to get the scheme.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2014, 11:14:34 am »

I think that would be an amazing idea, but the issue is that DF loads that text file upon start-up. This means , even if a dfhack script changes the color scheme when the season changes, you would still have to save, close DF, restart DF to get the scheme.

I use dfhack, but I'm not too familiar with its capabilities.  Can the color array be updated on the fly preceeding a screen refresh?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:05 pm »

I use dfhack, but I'm not too familiar with its capabilities.  Can the color array be updated on the fly preceeding a screen refresh?

There's not a lot of things that would make me happier then being able to update the colors without restarting the game every time.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »

There's not a lot of things that would make me happier then being able to update the colors without restarting the game every time.

If rendermax can update gradient overlays on the fly, I don't see it being too much of an issue to have four color files for each of the seasons.  The screen gets a total rewrite when switching in and out of full screen mode.  The only thing left to do is update the color variables on the season and resize trigger.

I have to get my feet wet as I haven't compiled dfhack since last year.  I forget what it even looks like.  But it might be cool just to create a small plugin that people can just decide to use if they want four season files instead.  Then the colors would be dynamically loaded instead of just once.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:46:18 pm by Clatch »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2014, 06:19:03 pm »

Well the season thing would be cool, but its such a pain to work on color schemes a game restart at a time, and a lack of being able to instantly switch between colors makes it harder to tell what might need to be done or if something actually looks better or not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

Well the season thing would be cool, but its such a pain to work on color schemes a game restart at a time, and a lack of being able to instantly switch between colors makes it harder to tell what might need to be done or if something actually looks better or not.
Rendermax wouldnt use a color scheme, but it could add a hue to every tile. A little bit of green, yellow, red and blue for the seaons for example. Warmst said its possible, but he has so many projects started left and right, I dont know if this will happen any time soon.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

Colors posted to the wiki

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2014, 10:04:41 am »

Well, since the update is coming, I will work on tilesets again and hopefully have a nice big update before/at release of the update. Will probably do another fix through of all colors and make sure everything is peachy, and maybe add some more. Might make new tiles too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2014, 10:19:06 am »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2014, 10:23:34 am »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2014, 11:03:07 am »

Neither am I, because I did not have the time to read into it. Yet.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

I'm not quite sure how to use it

If you figure it out, I look forward to seeing what you can do. I have no intentions of expanding my work beyond what I have aside from occasional polishing.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »

I have figured out some of it, it's pretty cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:18 pm »

Hey, as you requested I did delete the soviet and old tileset of yours, and added the new vherid set. Next update will redo the colorschemes as well, deleting the old, adding the new. :)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »

Hey, as you requested I did delete the soviet and old tileset of yours, and added the new vherid set. Next update will redo the colorschemes as well, deleting the old, adding the new. :)

Thanks, I'm probably going to update these soon with all the new things mifki are pulling out, so I'll let you know.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17