Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 151844 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid.set 3
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 04:01:56 pm »

You were absolutely right when you said that the larger tilesets looks strange. That's why I don't use them. You either look at neat pictures of dwarves that don't seem to fit into their environment, or you look at symbols that flow together perfectly.

I prefer the flow to the higher resolution.
Have you ever tried to play DF with a small ASCII tileset at a high resolution? Although it is not good for performance, it looks really good!
There are HD Ascii Tilesets? Can you direct me to one? I ought to try that out. My CPU could probably handle it.
Heh, no...I meant full-screening DF on a large monitor, with a small ASCII set.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »

Well doing some light edits for the tileset, I've noticed that I can't really center the uncentered pieces with the 10x10 dimensions, and I was think of making a 12x12 one similar to this, there is a really good 12x12 tileset I have that is quite nice, but it also has issues that need fixing and whatnot. 12x12 is a nice resolution because its still small, but it's just big enough where you don't have to look closely most of the time to get it.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 05:58:03 pm »

Updated with a 12x12 version, has a few more replacements I might or might not move over to the 10x10. I'm not sure if I like it though, I might still like the 10x10 more, tell me what you think.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 07:24:29 pm »

You might want to see if an 11x11 tileset works for what you want.  That would allow you to center things.  I might, however, create some other issues so I don't know if it would be a good solution or not.  Thought I would mention it, just in case it did help. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 07:51:29 pm »

It's a color choice, really. If you prefer a little more detail, you take the 12x12. If you prefer to see as much as possible when playing, you take the 10x10.

Either way, they're both brilliant. (I prefer 10x10, personally. Just sayin'!)

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 10:49:30 pm »

Feels a bit too... brown.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 11:46:50 pm »

Updated with a much better 10x10 tileset, v2. Implements some of the graphic chances done in the 12x12.

Also I don't see how it's too brown when there's only two browns lol, but I see where you're coming from. Change the background to black if you want, or a gray of the same value as the dark brown might look good.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

It's lovely. Very sexy and using it right now.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »

Let's bump this again to give newer/people who didn't see it a chance at it.

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 08:41:08 am »

Since I've been using this for a while now, I might as well give it some due credit.

Great tileset! Tried a few simple ones after I started preferring ASCII, and it's been great so far; detailed, yet simple.

I switched back to regular Natural Color though since I like having my backgrounds a darker color.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 02:41:25 pm »

Since I've been using this for a while now, I might as well give it some due credit.

Great tileset! Tried a few simple ones after I started preferring ASCII, and it's been great so far; detailed, yet simple.

I switched back to regular Natural Color though since I like having my backgrounds a darker color.

You could just change only the background color, I could quickly cook up a darker bg scheme at some point today.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »

Alright I'm gonna rework the 10x10 tileset again to go for a inbetween version 1 and 2, because contrary to what the wiki said, some of the crazy accented letters I changed into faces are indeed used as text, and it's an annoyance. I'm gonna fix those and see if there's anything else to fix/change for it.

I'll also provide some additional color schemes, for people who want different backgrounds and such.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 12:45:14 pm »

Updated with 2.5 for the 10x10, tileset fixes any text errors. I'm also going to stop supporting, dealing with 12x12, it was a silly venture, and I much prefer the 10x10.

Some extra color schemes soon.

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »

Don't know if you're planning on updating this or not, but bump for a good ascii tileset, more people should give this a try.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:32 pm »

Thanks but yeah kinda, it's at a point where I'm happy with it for now and don't really know where to take it next so updates I don't know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17