Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Vherid/Colors 7  (Read 151817 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Vherid.set 3
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 04:54:20 pm »

Updated with a VERY slightly changed v3 of the tileset, however I updated the screenshots to the current tileset now, AND I added a true gray color scheme for you kids who didn't like the brown.

Derydlus

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 10:01:38 am »

Great job on this tileset. Keep it updated, if that situation arises. I'd been using Tocky's tileset and colours initially - I'm incredibly picky about these things, and didn't like all of it at first, so I edited in my favourite bits from Tocky into your tileset. As time went on, I found myself editing it closer to this tileset, until now I'm just using your tileset/colors. Excellent work.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:16:51 pm by Derydlus »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 01:35:21 pm »

This is a really good tileset, mind if I take it and distribute in ther ASCII version of Genesis? I will give a proper credit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 02:28:22 pm »

This is a really good tileset, mind if I take it and distribute in ther ASCII version of Genesis? I will give a proper credit.

Hell yeah, go ahead. Highly recommend you include the first color set as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:41:45 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 01:04:53 am »

Might do a 8x8 tileset version sometimes I like using even smaller crisper sets.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »

Yeah I made a 8x8 version it's in the OP.

EDIT: Actually it's currently fucked up as a .png
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The .bmp works, how to fix? The colors on the tileset are right, the magenta is magenta.

EDIT2: Just removed the pink BG from the png version and it works now, which is fine for me but I'm still curious as to why it works on other pngs but not now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:05:11 pm by Vherid »

Derydlus

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 12:28:22 am »

Initially, I didn't like it, but I took another look at it. The weight symbol/tropical tree is too square for my taste, threw off the look a lot for me. I'll stick with the 10x10, but good work on the 8x8! I thought the dwarf smiley was too simple, but at 8x8 I'm not entirely sure it could be done better. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:35:25 am by Derydlus »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:07 am »

Initially, I didn't like it, but I took another look at it. The weight symbol/tropical tree is too square for my taste, threw off the look a lot for me. I'll stick with the 10x10, but good work on the 8x8! I thought the dwarf smiley was too simple, but at 8x8 I'm not entirely sure it could be done better. Thanks!

Yeah I'm not super set on how the trees are looking for now, definitely gonna edit them, I could maybe edit the plain dwarf smile but there's something just so adorable about seeing just that face mauling elephants with it's bare hands.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »

New 6x9 Version, Major Rehaul of OP coming soon, as well as rehaul fixes of the separate tilesets so that they are all consistent with each other.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 06:21:39 pm »

I still love your tilesets, Vherid! Even the new one, in it's non-squareness, is pretty.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »

Yeah I made a 8x8 version it's in the OP.

EDIT: Actually it's currently fucked up as a .png
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The .bmp works, how to fix? The colors on the tileset are right, the magenta is magenta.

EDIT2: Just removed the pink BG from the png version and it works now, which is fine for me but I'm still curious as to why it works on other pngs but not now.

I'm going to guess that previous versions where paletted PNGs, and the ping/magenta was set as the transparency value.  If you somehow shifted to a non-paletted color (>256 color) you have an alpha channel instead of a fixed color to "ignore" for the transparency.  The pink then bleeds through as its no longer the alpha setting, but just another color.

For centering (if you are still working on that) you could try an odd numbered tile size (e.g., 11x11 or 9x9).

I haven't used it, but I really like your work on this, by the way.  Very well done. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:40:51 pm by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »

Some updates to OP done, should be finishing later tonight.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 04:32:19 pm »

I have no idea how that whole alpha transparency thing works with tilesets. Can it only be magenta or transparent and even then the magenta was broke on that specific one. I want to have like red tilesets just to differentiate them folder wise, but obviously not have the red show up ingame.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 11:17:54 pm »

10x10
8x8
6x9

all updated, working on 16x16 next.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 06:34:34 pm »

16x16 is done and ready to used with whatever graphic pack you want such as Beefmo's. Or just play in 16x16 without graphics.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17