Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Statue as wall  (Read 2753 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Statue as wall
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:46:26 am »

If I walled off the entire map border with statues and leave a small 1 x 3 gap open will all the migrants caravans and ambushes etc. spawn there?
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statue as wall
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:53:56 am »

Can't build close enough to the map edge to pull that off. But if you build a wall out as far as you can, you can funnel non-fliers through the hole you leave, and you could put a ceiling on top if you like. It'd have to be a constructed wall, though, building destroyers would dismantle the statues

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:15 am »

Or build raising bridges. They act as walls, and can be built on the map edge.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:33:35 am »

Statues will get kicked over by building destroyers.