Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 16: Self-Destructive Spider  (Read 14601 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 16: Self-Destructive Spider
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:12:31 pm »

This is my attempt at a relatively 'simple' RtD. There will be no traits, no goal, no complex inventory and injury system (you can lose and regenerate limbs, that's it), just a fight to the death, many rounds, and a prize to the victor of each round. Now, let us detail some of the things that aren't very simple in this RtD (which is a decent amount, ironically... I just can stay away from SOME complexity).

Praying.
   You can pray to gods. This is simple enough, you pray, you roll, you receive what you receive according to your roll. You may pray to any popular, well-known, or even real god. Or you may make up a god on the spot. The rules for making up a god are:
    • You must choose a good and bad thing for your god. (IE, BLECH, god of luck and and blindness.) This sets the perimeters for the good and bad things that happen depending on your roll.
    • No super-powerful gods. (IE, DUDE, god of one-hit lasers)

Crafting.
You may attempt to combine two things that you have. You will roll to decide if your craft was a success or a failure, and if it was a success, what exactly came out.

Bonus's
Various bonus's to rolls are added depending on different things. Using a mithril spear will award a +3 bonus on a successful attack roll. Bonus's can only affect an action up to +3. However, if you have two items that both give +3 bonus's to something, they will both work. The maximum that double bonus's can go to one object is +6 in total. However, there is no cap on negative bonus's (That's kind of an oxymoron, but whatever). And, rolls can go up or down forever, so it would, theoretically, be possible to achieve a -100 roll.

The Audience
You may ask the audience for help. Depending on your roll, they will give you nothing, give you something good, or give you something bad. Some items may give you a bonus to this action.
---

You can do one major action and one minor action each turn (some bonus's may add to this, such as haste). You can search to find random, various things. In some places you may find secret doors, that lead to horrible monsters/weapon caches/various. There are also traps.

A 'round' will end once all but one person is dead. This person gains a special item.

To join, just post your name and your GRID NUMBER. The grid is, well, a grid, that contains various items. Each item is assigned to a grid number, and if you choose that grid, you get that item. Once six people have joined and posted their grid number, I will start, and then you do actions and so on and so forth.

[/list]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:35:47 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: ARENA!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »

Oh, IN!

Name: Altveria
God: Dioni, goddess of healing and drowning.
Grid number: 2D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:52:25 am by freeformschooler »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:29 pm »

Name: Finn
God: Fakius, Goddess of Intelligence and sacrifice.
Grid number: 5C
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:46:00 pm by Fniff »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »

Name: Hikari
God: Hades, God of the Underworld
Grid Number: 5E

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:43:07 pm »

Name:Urist
God:Armok The god of blood and slavery
Grid:4c
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:51:34 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Name: Monk
God: Banjo, God of Puppets
Grid: A1

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »

One more person, then we may start.

Also, I forgot to mention. You can donate/offer/sacrifice/etcetera to gods, so that you can get a bonus to pray rolls. ALL gods like items made out of precious materials, such as silver, gold, platinum, and whatnot. Gods also like being offered something to do with what they have something to do, so for example, Monk12, if you offered a puppet to Banjo, it would have the same affect as a diamond, for example.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 06:08:41 pm »

So, if I gave a book to my God, he'd be real happy and give me something?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

You would receive a +1, +2, or +3 to a pray roll.

But then again, you changed your books aspect to a sacrifice aspect, so perhaps you should change it since you can already 'sacrifice' things to your one god.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:23:58 pm »

I'd like to try this. If I made it in in time, seems like this filled up FAST.

Name: Larry
God: Selenia, goddess of beauty and grace.
Grid: B2
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »

Alright, starting the first round now. (Gonna modify this status with it.)

Round 1: Fight!

The six of you stand in a circular room. There are exits to the north, west, and east, as well as a small pool of water, and a wide but short crack running out from a wall right next to the eastern exit. You see a pipe, a ball of string, two arrows, and a small, perhaps two inch long, flint blade on the ground. Taking a moment to gather your bearings, you each examine your items.

Altveria, having chosen 2D, gains possession of a coil of rope! At least she will have a way to get down into places, eh?

Finn, having decided upon 5C, finds that he now has a cattle-prod! Let's see if you can turn everyone else into your cattle, hmmm?

Hikari chose 5E, and now finds that atop his head rests a golden coronet! (+1 to audience rolls, +2 to pray rolls if sacrificed). Too bad it won't help him against a blade to the face!

Urist uses his dwarven logic and chooses 4C! He receives a titanium spear! I suppose dwarven logic ain't too bad after all!

Monk decided to choose... A1! He now finds a sharp iron machete in his hand! Now we just need a jungle!

Larry, our last combatant, has chosen B2! She receives a potion! What could the strange mixture possibly do?!

Suddenly, a booming voice comes out of nowhere.
"COMBATANTS, FIGHT!"

---
Well, you'd have to pick-up the corpse, which could be large, and thus a major action (picking up a large corpse counts as a major action. All player corpses are large), then sacrifice it, which is also a major action. So that would be 2 rolls, in which someone else may complicate things...

Also, we might need a map sometime later. If we do, excuse my likely horrible MSPaint map. Also I should note that every round you get to pick a new item from the grid, and that the grid is repopulated. The victor of the round either gets to pick one item from the grid, or take whatever victor's item he happens to get. He can't choose both.

CHOSEN GRIDS:
B2
A1
C4
E5
C5
D2

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:45:48 pm by Repulsion »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 06:33:28 pm »

Alright is sacraficing all my kills to my god okay ? If so I always give him there blood
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 06:46:10 pm »

Alright, I modified it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »

Flick the prod on, and stun Monk.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:55:47 pm by Fniff »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile