Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 16: Self-Destructive Spider  (Read 14600 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: ARENA!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 06:59:40 pm »

Sacrifice the Coronet, adn pray to my god for power.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:11 pm »

<- is male. Hence the name Larry... not usually a female name.

That said... I drink the potion. (assuming that's a full action, if it is a simple action, I also pray to my goddess for a beautiful weapon)

"Sweet Goddess of the Rose
Answer my humble request
Bless me with your soft embrace
Empower my nimble dance
With beautiful vogue
Endow me an angelic accoutrement
That I may defeat my foes elegantly
Show the audience your everlasting splendor!"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:21:37 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »

Attempt to strangle Hikari with coil rope.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »

To clarify some things, praying is a major action, sacrificing isn't. Attacking someone is a major action, crafting is a major or minor action depending on what you are trying to craft with. Drinking or eating anything that you have on hand is a minor action. Also, now we just need Elfeater to post.

And... Elf decides its a good idea to go offline before even starting it... hrrrm. I wonder if we should skip him, maybe? No idea, I'll just wait.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:21:15 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:38 pm »

Put me in for the next round.

Name: Ima
God: Hephaestus
Grid number: 3C
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 08:32:24 pm »

Okay know what I am just gonna go ahead. Also I have decided that minor actions will be noted by a ^ beside them and major actions will be noted with a *. Also, most minor actions won't have a roll for them.

Round 1

Fniff
[4] You turn the stun baton on^, reach out with a swing*, and stun Monk! He can't do any major action for one turn! (not this turn, next turn, only fair)

Monk
[2] After the confusion of the voice, and the stun by Fniff, you are a little disoriented, and your swing* misses Larry by about a foot or so. Shame.

Hikari
Thinking of your god, Hades, you throw the coronet up into the air^. It disappears with a flash of light. It appears Hades has accepted it! (+2 to pray rolls). [5+2=7] The light dims and dark, shadowy wisps twist around you, building up, up... into a shadowy battle armor, twice your size, encompassing you*! It seems to move when you do, like you are in some kind of magical mech! No weapons, but your massive, shadowy gauntlets are more than enough. (+3 to dodge/defense and attack rolls)

Larry
[6] You drink the potion^. You... feel strange... Wisps of light and something shiny fly around you in a whirlwind. They keep going faster and faster! Suddenly, you are temporarily blinded by a flash of light, and when you can see again you seem to be surrounded by a bright, glowing aura, kind of shaped like armor (+2 to defense rolls). It must have been a potion of Holy Aura! Hikari's shadow armor is bigger than yours, though. [6] Then, kneeling down, you mutter a sacred prayer* to Selenia. Impressed by your armor and fantastic delivery of the prayer, she gifts to you a... Blessed Whip, weapon of the graceful and holy (+3 to attack rolls). It shimmers with white light and energy. You now seem quite a match for Hikari, if you choose to fight him.

Altervia
[3] You sneak up behind Hikari, him so impressed by his sudden power that he doesn't notice you at all. You uncoil a bit of the rope and sling it over his shoulder, which is perhaps 3 or 4 feet above you. You don't manage to do much else, however.

---
(if you wondered why I rolled Larry's minor action of drinking a potion, it was because potions/food/unknown consumables can have varying effects on you. Also, remember that you can craft and go different places! There are always opportunities. You people got some crazy good rolls, this round.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:34:26 pm by Repulsion »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »

Give a horrendous beating with the prod to Monk.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:39:28 pm »

With this new flimsy coil stranglehold, attempt to throw Hikari across the ground violently.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:42:07 pm by freeformschooler »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 08:41:06 pm »

Also, one more thing. You can't do the same major action twice in a row, but you can technically repeatedly attack someone, if you change the attack description. For example, ONE swings at TWO with a pipe on turn 1, then on turn two ONE jumps at TWO, jabbing the pipe like a very short spear. I'll accept Fniff's action this turn, as it is different enough, but keep this is mind. Also there are some actions that you can't do repeatedly even if you change the description (like praying), so that you can't possibly power-house.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

Alright, changed my description. I'm glad I chose the god of healing because I'm gonna need it.

Anyway, bravo on this Repulsion. I hope you continue it for a long, long time.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »

Anyway, bravo on this Repulsion. I hope you continue it for a long, long time.

Thanks.  :P Not EXACTLY sure why you really like it, but I try my best.

Edit: Also, we probably won't go through another turn today, since a decent bit of people are offline, and most likely will not come back on. Also, I am going to a party/event/thing tomorrow at around 4:00-6:00 so keep that in mind if you are all waiting during that time and fail to see me show.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:45:59 pm by Repulsion »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 1: WARNING: EPIC FIGHT INCOMING.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »

Bash the person trying to strangle mes face in

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »

Flee West

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:29 pm »

I shall gesture fluidly, and pirouette, turning to face monk who attacked me, and I shall lash out with my whip to entangle his legs.

Also, is searching considered a minor or major action?
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »

I am going to consider there to be two kinds of searchings: Quick searches, which are a minor actions and just find various items/crafting parts/what have you. Then slow searches, which are major actions and unveil secret entrances/door, and also good items. There will be a 10% chance for there to be a secret door in any one room, and a 30 chance to reveal a good item in any one room. Also, you will ALWAYS find something with quick search, but it may not always be good.

Also, I really don't think Elfeater is going to be on today again... and I kind of want to continue the story... so I'll just send him into... STASIS.

Also, remember the audience and crafting, guys. You can really craft with ANYTHING.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16