Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary peasant.  (Read 1308 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary peasant.
« on: September 27, 2009, 10:30:22 pm »

A child just grew up. This child created some useless wooden craft as a child, and became a legendary woodcrafter. She's still a peasant in terms of her job. She's still teal. She is, however, blinking because she's legendary.

This smacks of a misplaced value in the code somewhere, but seems to be a rare combination of events.
I'm too lazy to search, so this goes up in an appropriate forum.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary peasant.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »

I get a similar thing there. Drafting and undrafting should reset the class or whatever.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:27:00 am »

I had this happen once in my last fortress - all of the others eventually became craftsdwarves.

My current fortress, on the other hand, has two legitimate legendary peasants, both from having attained legendary social skills. This is what happens when you turn off the economy and allow your dwarves to spend all their time partying.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:39:26 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:51:03 am »

Interesting... I had a child create a legendary artifact.  Time will tell whether it grows up to be a legendary peasant.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 09:23:27 pm »

I've had the same thing happen, but the peasant eventually turned into the right thing when they gained another skill level. I'm sure it's just that children always grow into Peasants, and jobs aren't checked until the job level changes or the person is drafted.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 10:28:35 am »

Simple to fix. Make the job change function get called when a Child grows into an Adult to check for such an instance.
Saw this happen in a game recently too. As soon as they get an experience level in anything (social skills count) the job will be set to whatever it's supposed to be as the job change function is run to reset their job according to their skill levels.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough.