Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Problems with stress and being upset from dealing with people. How do you?  (Read 29180 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile

So basically the guy who is the number two for everything came and said we weren't as focused on numbers as we would be on quality and timeliness. We've been doing a lot of numbers, but it's more important that we get things out quicker even if we do less numbers. It's always been a trade off. One of the local authorities is not happy about this, and nobody knows how he will react to this. We also don't know what would happen if he ignored the number two guy and just went right on pressing.

It's a little nerve wracking. Also I have a new supervisor again. He seems fairly nice, and this is viewed as a step up for me.
I did not get the promotion though, or interviewed and old supervisor was surprised they didn't even interview me. O well. Everyone says there was a predetermined candidate and we'll just see who got it. I was asked to apply and did. Its been whispered that they just wanted more people to apply so that it didn't look so obvious they had someone in mind beforehand.

As long as I break even....

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, so not getting promotion and don't care about it. I just wanna move on.
Seems I upset some people by applying too but no idea why.

I do not want to be seen as a threat to anybody.
Meh, I'm just keeping my head down and ignoring threats.
Head down, nose to grindstone, not trying to make anybody mad.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, so not getting promotion and don't care about it. I just wanna move on.
Seems I upset some people by applying too but no idea why.

I do not want to be seen as a threat to anybody.
Meh, I'm just keeping my head down and ignoring threats.
Head down, nose to grindstone, not trying to make anybody mad.

Even I think you're fatalistic, and I'm broken as shit.

Not caring you got the promotion is good. Just make sure you don't burn yourself out trying to impress people who only care about how good they look (through using people up). Once you get worn out enough, you don't recover.
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fatalistic would be saying, "They'll fire me no matter what I do." I am not saying that. Doesn't fatalistic mean just saying everything is destined to happen, like fatalistic like fate?

I'm just trying to get through some weird situations. So far I've managed with a lot of help from T and Tiruin, and some other people. Still wish they'd show up more but I guess o well. Not a whole lot I can do about another person's refusal to post or whatever.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I sure do hope it does. Hang in there. I was in some kinda dark places before. It's not all great but things are better than they were. I still have a ways to go but yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]