Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 348

Author Topic: The Generic Computer Advice Thread  (Read 495225 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: The Generic Computer Advice Thread
« Reply #2055 on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:27 pm »

Try the same apps on another phone :)

I know some dodgy chinese knockoff phones or tablets (can't remember) had the front camera in upside down. Oh, what does it show when turned landscape?
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 09, 2015, 01:19:29 pm »

It's the right way up, it's just mirror-reversed

EDIT:
Decided to try changing camera orientation anyway. Upon experimentation, rotating the camera does not fix it.

EDIT:
I think it may have been reversed intentionally, either by the programmer or the phone manufacturer. I still want it un-reversed though (more so, in fact. Poorly designed items bother me far more than ones that are merely defective)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:56:12 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 09, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

EDIT:
Decided to try changing camera orientation anyway. Upon experimentation, rotating the camera does not fix it.

EDIT:
I think it may have been reversed intentionally, either by the programmer or the phone manufacturer. I still want it un-reversed though (more so, in fact. Poorly designed items bother me far more than ones that are merely defective)
What if you take a picture using the non-self portrait camera?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 09, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »

EDIT:

EDIT:
What if you take a picture using the non-self portrait camera?
It comes out correctly that way, I checked
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 10, 2015, 03:18:56 pm »

Hey my pc has suddenly died today. After showing the POST screen the monitor kind of turns off and the operating system just doesn't load (I guess). No sound signals from motherboard or anything. I've reset CMOS, plugged RAM modules out and in etc. The videocard fan and the one of the power supply unit are rotating as if everything is allright. I also noticed that the motherboard led isn't flashing or blinking as it used to be. What do I do?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:25:06 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 10, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »

Get a rescue CD, copy off vital information, reinstall OS?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 10, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »

Get a rescue CD, copy off vital information, reinstall OS?

But I have reinstalled it recently!

UPD. It seems like it's an os problem indeed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:02:36 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 10, 2015, 07:10:40 pm »

I recently upgraded my GPU, but I still have my original CPU from 2012. Is an i5 3450 gonna cut it for much longer? Taking apart my rig again would be a pain in the ass, but if my hardware's getting outdated, I'll have to consider it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 10, 2015, 09:11:49 pm »

A flash video player that came with a flash video downloader(Ant, to be specific) is now refusing to play any videos at all. Each one is saying "Video not found or access denied". Every video is in the correct location, and I have never touched the security settings on that folder.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 10, 2015, 09:35:46 pm »

Have you tred playing them in another video player like vlc or the one in the cccp pack?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 10, 2015, 11:16:20 pm »

I recently upgraded my GPU, but I still have my original CPU from 2012. Is an i5 3450 gonna cut it for much longer? Taking apart my rig again would be a pain in the ass, but if my hardware's getting outdated, I'll have to consider it.
You're talking about this one, right? It's still pretty darned good and will be for at least a couple years. It'll run without bottlenecking alongside pretty much any mid/high-end GPU while playing intensive games, maybe barring an outlier or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 11, 2015, 06:43:04 am »

Have you tred playing them in another video player like vlc or the one in the cccp pack?

Just installed VLC to check. It worked with it. I think the Ant Toolbar's player uses a Flash plugin, and I think a recent Flash update killed that. They don't run in a basic Flash player, but I don't remember if they ever actually did to begin with.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2067 on: October 11, 2015, 10:59:11 am »

My mom is finally going to buy a new computer! One of the main uses will be to play Minecraft with me, and I'm clueless when it comes to hardware, so can anyone tell me if this one will be up for the job? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-erazer-x315-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-solid-state-drive-black/7122028.p?id=1219668763851&skuId=7122028

I know the video card is important but I have no idea how good that card is, and Google only gives me long lists of data that mean nothing to me. :( Thanks guys!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 11, 2015, 04:12:21 pm »

IIRC, minecraft also suffers from its memory management being a horrible steaming pile of garbage. Get RAM with good bandwidth and latency and make sure you have enough (8 gig should be enough)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 11, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »

The acrobat reader icon seems to have disappeared from pdf files on my computer. I tried changing the associated program and changing it back and I tried rebuilding the icon cache but neither of these things worked.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 348