Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 347

Author Topic: The Generic Computer Advice Thread  (Read 483183 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The Generic Computer Advice Thread
« Reply #2040 on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:52 pm »

Or 8 or 10

Wait, do those not come with Movie Maker?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 26, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »

Movie maker & media player are both dead in 10.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 26, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »

Media centre, not media player. Media player is in 10.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 26, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

Close enough. Anyone who goes to look how to play a video ends up not using it anyway, since media centre has limited filetype support.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2044 on: October 04, 2015, 06:58:03 am »

I have a bit of an odd problem. Installing Magicka seems to have done something to screw up my system so that it now recognises my headphones are plugged in and mutes the speakers, but will not play sound through the headphones. I'm using a built-in Realtek sound card.

It seems like quite a few other people have had this problem too, but I can only find two fixes; one which is changing the playback device to Digital Interface, which doesn't seem to be an option, and one which requires uninstalling IDT audio, which isn't present.

The headphones themselves are fine, and work for any other device.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:39 am »

I have a bit of an odd problem. Installing Magicka seems to have done something to screw up my system so that it now recognises my headphones are plugged in and mutes the speakers, but will not play sound through the headphones. I'm using a built-in Realtek sound card.

It seems like quite a few other people have had this problem too, but I can only find two fixes; one which is changing the playback device to Digital Interface, which doesn't seem to be an option, and one which requires uninstalling IDT audio, which isn't present.

Are you sure it's from Magicka and not just a busted headphone jack? I've had this kind of problem caused by busted headphone jacks before
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2046 on: October 04, 2015, 10:43:24 am »

Are you sure it's from Magicka and not just a busted headphone jack? I've had this kind of problem caused by busted headphone jacks before

My first thought was that they'd fallen off my desk in the night and a connection had popped, but they work fine on my Linux partition and my phone. Magicka (the only program I installed between 'working' and 'broken') has to be the cause; it matches with other complaints, and I tried rolling back my sound card drivers in case a recent update broke it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 08, 2015, 09:04:44 am »

My first thought was that they'd fallen off my desk in the night and a connection had popped, but they work fine on my Linux partition and my phone. Magicka (the only program I installed between 'working' and 'broken') has to be the cause; it matches with other complaints, and I tried rolling back my sound card drivers in case a recent update broke it.

No, I mean the plug that the headphones plug into. That could be damaged
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:41 am »

They would be having problems with not-magicka programs then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:13 am »

They would be having problems with not-magicka programs then.

As I understand it, he does have problems with not-magicka programs. He thinks installing Magicka caused them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2050 on: October 08, 2015, 09:56:41 am »

Yeah, nothing works through my headphones. The evidence strongly suggests that something about Magicka screwed up a sound driver or something, since the headphones work fine on a different OS on the exact same hardware and other people have had a similar issue caused by drivers (but their fixes haven't worked).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 09, 2015, 05:20:50 am »

Delete and re-download sound drivers?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:04 am »

Can anyone recommend a camera app for android where the selfie cam works correctly? All the ones I have seem to record mirror images.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 09, 2015, 12:11:30 pm »

the default android camera app, at least on my phone, literally has a "save mirrored" option.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:12 pm »

the default android camera app, at least on my phone, literally has a "save mirrored" option.

Not the one on mine though.

And it's mirroring it by default and even in the preview. Though only in self portrait mode.

ALSO, Now that I think of it though, I'm not 100% sure the problem is with the applications and not wih the phone itself. Does anyone know how to tell the difference?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 347