Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible project starting, looking for people who can program in java / android  (Read 2170 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am looking to fund  a project in the near future, and am looking to use people from the bay12 forum as a sort of pact I have with myself. It'd be great to find one or two people up for making an android game we can post on the market. I won't go into detail, but if you like the prospect of a Bay12 produced game, and the possibility of making more, should this one gain some popularity, please drop me a pm or email me at tiamat_2@hotmail.com.

Kind regards.

-Alex

P.S: Before people start asking what it's about on the forum, I insist you either send me a pm or add me to msn to chat. If you are interested and feel like you can add on to the project, please let me know. I won't fluff up the forums with yet another game proposal that goes nowhere, so I am trying to keep this on a more or less silent note until I actually have something to show for it, out of respect for those who actually ARE making games and not just talking about them. Hopefully sometime in the near future a post about the game WILL be made. Thank you for your understanding.
Poysky Productions

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you yourself know how to program in those languages, and intend to head the project?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

1)  How long is the project, in terms of hours?
2)  Define "fund".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once again, please send me the messages via e-mail. I will fund the project in the sense that I will let the people partaking in said project decide upon either royalties based on the sales, or a set amount of money per module released. With regards to my own programming prowess, my wife is a programmer, I am a writer, and the basis of the game is one that deals directly with my work, which would have me planning it out this unique concept.

Thank you for your questions, keep them coming!
Poysky Productions

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you're the ideas guy?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once again, please send me the messages via e-mail. I will fund the project in the sense that I will let the people partaking in said project decide upon either royalties based on the sales, or a set amount of money per module released. With regards to my own programming prowess, my wife is a programmer, I am a writer, and the basis of the game is one that deals directly with my work, which would have me planning it out this unique concept.

Thank you for your questions, keep them coming!

Yet you've so far refused to answer most questions publicly.

A non-programmer attempting to be the leader of a project like this is real-world-like scary.  Gotta hate when marketing and politics determine design decisions.

Anyway, I'm a reasonably skilled Java coder.  I'd be a lot more willing to or not to commit if I knew anything at all about the project, though.

Also, why isn't this on the Creative Projects board?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

[insanely inside joke]Will it be possible to rob corovans?[/insanely inside joke]