Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Geiger Counter  (Read 7056 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Geiger Counter
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »

Err... If I have read the rules correctly, your suppost to create "Stars" with various themes for characters.

Edit: I also stress that, if this is going to be an abomination of nature, how the fuck is Bio-Modding going to be part of the plot at all? You need to find a purpose for it in the plot, otherwise there is no purpose to it.
Erh, what do you mean by creating Stars?

The description is just a basic format, we can adjust it to our liking in the pre-game phase. Its not a set in stone plot yet.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2011, 08:49:24 pm »

Partway through the story maybe the monster could mess with a bio-modding lab and turn even more horrible or something. Or the some of the characters can start with a Bio Mod as an advantage dice or something.

By the way I don't really understand the bit about how to get more advantage dice. How does that work??
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2011, 09:05:16 pm »

Partway through the story maybe the monster could mess with a bio-modding lab and turn even more horrible or something. Or the some of the characters can start with a Bio Mod as an advantage dice or something.

By the way I don't really understand the bit about how to get more advantage dice. How does that work??
Generally if your in that room with the advantage dice, you determine what that advantage is. If there are multiple character's who want it, you'll have to figure a way to find out who should get it. Advantage dice are placed pre-game, in places that make sense. 1's determine a small advantage that you can carry with you, examples being a gun, a sword, etc. 2's and 3's represent fixed advantages, you don't get the extra dice unless your using that item in the room, examples would be a turret, cave in, etc.

Sometimes character's will even fight over them, which will prove to be fun :D
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 05:48:23 am »

Biomodding could be an advantage, or be part of the plot as a Chekov's Gun. Like, one way of taking down the creature would be somehow trapping it and modifying it so it has a constant weakness.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:39 am »

I think the point I am trying to stress is that Bio-Modding is BAD. And they are trying to weaponize it, to make it worse.

The way you are putting the movie, you make it sound like its perfectly ok to Mod your DNA. Thats not how Movies Work. I was thinking there would be an Arch-Type named "Bio-Junkie". Bio-Modding should only do BAD things.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 12:52:57 pm »

Yeah, of course it's bad, it can only do bad things, but it could be useful in defeating the monster. The bio-junkie thing could be interesting.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 12:56:56 pm »

I think we could work it in as an advantage dice at the start, but later on it can develop into the cause of a Condition the character has or something?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »

I think we could work it in as an advantage dice at the start, but later on it can develop into the cause of a Condition the character has or something?
I'd prefer not to add in any conditions, since this is our first game after all. It could just be an advantage dice, but no new conditions.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 02:27:38 pm »

Aren't conditions required for someone to die?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:07 pm »

Aren't conditions required for someone to die?
You get a condition the first time you fail combat, you pick from one and then you get it. You can get rid of that condition by completing a buyoff. After you get two conditions, the third time you'll die. (Unless you pick the death condition as your first or second one, then your character only appears to die.)
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 02:50:43 pm »

Yeah, of course it's bad, it can only do bad things, but it could be useful in defeating the monster.
I believe your statement is contradictory. If it helps us kill the monster, that is a good thing.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:09 pm »

I believe Fniff means it being a bad thing, but useful while being a bad thing in the same way a nuke or using every muscle in your body at once can be useful while at the same time a bad thing
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 03:36:09 pm »

Yes. It can be used to defeat the monster, but it's a very bad idea to use it on yourself.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »

I suggest we don't include it, because if it has disadvantages to it then it sorta eliminates the point of an advantage dice. Lets just keep it simple, this is our first run after all.
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:49 pm »

Then the world is very dull. It would just be your standard "IN SPACE" setting.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6