Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moments of De Ja Vu  (Read 1168 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Moments of De Ja Vu
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »

Moments where something happens and it seems very familiar...

Today, I was standing in my kitchen with a Phillips head screwdriver. My father told me to get the rest of the tools, and I was all like alright, and as I was walking to the counter, everything seemed really familiar. I  remembered that I would twirl the screwdriver and I did, I thought my dad would laugh after I said something and he did.

These kinds of moments are just fucking creepy sometimes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Moments of De Ja Vu
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:18:02 pm »

There was a time when I tried to leave my house. As I passed through the gate, it felt like I've already done it before. It was weird.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »

Looking at my computer a few weeks ago, and felt i lived this many, many times. A bit discouraging

Also, It's Déja Vu :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »

Once I was riding in a car with my dad and it was raining and the power was out and we were at a four way intersection and my dad was like "There's gonna be an accident here" and there was!  A guy's tire fell off!

Also it had happened before.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »

I can't remember any specific incidents right now, but I get these moments a lot. Some days I'll feel like I'm just going through the motions of something I've already done before, or thought I might do in the future.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 11:13:38 pm »

Twice a week or more I get intense feelings of deja vu, typically as if I can almost remember dreaming about it a few weeks ago.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:40:06 pm »

Twice a week or more I get intense feelings of deja vu, typically as if I can almost remember dreaming about it a few weeks ago.

This.

One noteworthy example was me taking the bus home, sitting behind some middleaged guy talking on the phone, and I felt like I knew-recognised everything he said, and the whole situation. Like I had dreamt it before.
Love, scriver~

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 11:46:50 pm »

I do it musically. Like with some Homestuck songs I swear I've heard them before, but I haven't. But it feels like I have.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:18:33 am »

Sometimes I relive night and daydreams. Where it's realistic and plausible, that is.

I generally use Deja Vu as a form of clairvoyance/precognition that I'm going in the right direction in my life. Hasn't shown me wrong so far.

Then again, like an adventurer in a game, I tend to collect random memories in case they might come handy later on. Sometimes I pick out the right ones.

EDIT:
Funny thought, I think most Deja Vus can be caused by our future spirits making corrections or editing our histories into the more ideal directions. We listen to the 'call', then we're going in the right direction to confirm the 'edit'.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:15:33 am by Itnetlolor »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 11:33:38 am »

Have these sometimes, but they feel more like replays more than anything, i've seen it all before and i can't change anything about it, that's why i'm silent in most of them, even if someone will be talking to me there isn't much choice in words i'm afraid as i realise a bit too late that i could have done something or that it all could have been different if i just opened my damned mouth.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG