Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: QuakeWinds! Sinister volcano story fort (+ Fort Defense mod) SIEGES APLENTY!!!  (Read 7778 times)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile

Yay! I'm a baby mamma!

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
  • Time stands still at the iron hill.
    • View Profile

Woo! I created a... goblet...

Well, it's better than nothing I guess. But sheep wool? Seriously?
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you Dorf me? i would like to be an Architect or an Engraver,(preferably both). Really nice story btw.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sayaks has been dorfed

26th Obsidian

After careful deliberation, I have decided to make the Imp prisoners zoo exhibits.

28th Obsidian

Reports of a werewolf sighting have come to my attention.  The militia has killed it before it could cause any harm.

4th Granite

Someone decided to throw a party at the well.  I was invited, but decided against attending.  I'm a busy dwarf.

10th Granite

Our wood stocks are dangerously low.  I have ordered a grove of trees cut, and the militia out to protect the lumberjacks from ambushes.

18th Granite

We finally cleared out the Corridor of Death

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's still blood on the walls, but anything that can rot has been thrown into the trash.

20th Granite

A shearer by the name of Zulban has approached me to enlist in the militia.  He impressed me by demonstrating his proficiency with a hammer, and was allowed to join on the spot.  I commisioned a Silver Warhammer for his use.

21st Granite

Cheveux outdid herself this time.  The hammer she made was truly a masterpiece.

2nd Slate

The execution pit is finished.  Now the mechanics just need to link the prisoner's cages to a lever in the barracks.

8th Slate

Puppies!

11th Slate

More puppies!  I have ordered the newborns slaughtered.

16th Slate

The miners have reported the discovery of a large cavern deep underground

I have ordered the cavern sealed off for now, at least until we can find a better place to sortie from.  I have heard tales of entire fortresses being overrun by the Deep Things under the earth that either have no name, or whose name has been lost for all time, and I do not wish to try our luck just yet.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

21st Slate

We are in need of chairs, but we only have one skilled mason.  I have ordered another mason's shop built and one of the useless migrants.  I forget his name, it's not important.

23rd Slate

A puppy grew up.

27th Slate

MIGRANTS!!  We've got 2 dyers, a surgeon, a tanner, an animal caretaker (drafted as Militia captain), a blacksmith, 2 clothiers, a Bowyer (drafted), a trapper (drafted), a ranger, a mechanic, a woodcutter, a waxworker, a milker, a butcher (now sheriff), 2 peasants (drafted), a woodcrafter, a bone doctor, a glassmaker, 2 kids, and a completely unskilled peasant (drafted). 

Our population is 82, and I have just been informed that this will be the last migrant wave for a while.

8th Felsite

All of the prisoners have been executed.

14th Felsite

What now?!

Oh, these guys again.  I really shouldn't laugh.  I mean, they try so hard, but it's just too damn funny.

15th Felsite

Hmm, it appears that they are just loitering around at the edge of the map.

16th Felsite

Oh, no wait, here they come.  I've decided to meet them outside the walls, rather than waste cages on these poor things.... Oh these guys are getting smarter.  A second squad came at us from the east, but most were caught in the cages.  The rest were slaughtered.

17th Felsite

Siege is over.  Nothing left but the executing of the prisoners.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, but It looks like I won't be able to update again until Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  We're redoing the floor in the whole house.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a longer than expected absence, I have returned!

19th Felsite

The elven caravan has arrived.  Now I can dump off more of those goblets I made last year.

22nd Felsite

Used the goblets to buy a grizzly bear, food, barrels, logs, and booze.  It's amazing.  The elves bring me booze, but the dwarves do not.  I contemplated defection, but realized I enjoy cutting trees down too much to seriously do so.

24th Felsite

It has come to my attention that the corpse 'pile is getting cluttered with skeletons.  I've ordered the production of bone bolts to clear the damn thing out.

Also, I've placed the new bear behind the trap corridor as a second line of defence in case anyone gets through the meatgrinder

4th Hematite

Three of the strangler prisoners have been executed.  I'm giving serious thought to dismantling the cage traps.  They solve one problem (werewolf incursions), but the bycatch is just too damn high.

10th Hematite

The axe squad has been ordered into the danger room for a "crash course"

11th Hematite

It has come to my attention that the axe squad is inadequately equipped.  However, we do not have enough steel to properly outfit them in full armor.  I have taken measures to rectify the situation.

16th Hematite

Looks like sealing off the cavern was an excellent idea.

22nd Hematite

Someone must have told the elves about our guest downstairs, since they hurriedly packed up and left.  I tried explaining that the problem was contained, but they'd hear none of it.  They did promise to be back next year, though.

27th Hematite

More bycatch in the cage traps.  This time, it's badgers.  I've ordered them tamed and butchered, but haven't made a decision regarding the cage traps yet.

2nd Malachite

I was informed today that our town now has a mayor.  I was informed about this when he came up to me and loudly demanded better quarters.  I obliged him by giving him the Expedition Leader's quarters, but he still wasn't happy.  He demanded a decent office from which to work from.  I ordered one dug out of his dining room, just to shut him up.

6th Malachite

Meng made two notable engravings in the mayors office.  The first concerned Morul's performance during the last Tigerman siege

The other concerned the liquidation of the Bookkeeper's position

7th Malachite

The Mayor's office has been completed.  In a show of gratitude, he mandated the production of two pairs of gauntlets.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]