Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Command Vessel shall we take?

Battleship
Support Ship
Spec Ops

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!  (Read 4892 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:53:02 am »

But Orb! You are X games are way over used and this will just be another generic forum game!
I don't care.  :-\

Anyway. A while ago I made an interest thread(found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88780.msg2435675#msg2435675) about, well, this....and apparently there was interest. However, Bam, I got sick. So it was put off.

So, I have most of the game mechanics. Before the first update I should have the rest smoothed out. I'll probably also tweak them between updates to make this more interesting/less boring for me to update.

I give no guarantee I will finish this. Because honestly, very few forum games ever finish anyway.

I am in need of a paint-like program to edit the maps graciously made by Virex. My paint is pretty much buggy whenever I use it.

So, without further ado, an info dump for you:

Spoiler: Info Dump (click to show/hide)

Those are essentially my notes I've been working on occasionally when I get an idea. Might be a bit hard to understand. Just ask and I'll clarify. I'll probably be editing these some more.

Now, on to the game!

You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!

You sit in one of the many majestic motherships created by your race, the Scrin. It sits on the outer edge of the Alphax System, its star being 23,321 light years away from your homeworld. Your Overseer approaches you.

"Your job in this sector is to terraform, and colonize the second rocky planet from the star. This rocky wasteland, being in the Goldy locks zone, is expected to have some form of life, so this isn't a free ride in the nebula. You will be payed 300 minerals upon completion of this mission. Get to it!"

You nod and check your stocks. You have 100 minerals saved up from your days as a tiberium farm tender, and have a sign up bonus for a free terraformer ship. There are three designs on board this Mothership. Please check your local info dump for design specs.

While checking up on the ships, you find a "You are here" map of the system.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:07:28 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:37 am »

Lets go Spec Ops. Battleships are powerful but obvious. A support ship would be useful, but little defensive capabilities.

By going spec ops we can hide ourselves from our enemies and understand the weaknesses of our "hosts". We can use a wide variety of schemes and ploys this way. Pretend to be a god, pretend the tiberium is blessed material, etc.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:53:21 am »

Lets go subterfuge and speeshul tactics
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:46:35 pm »

Well, here's to the Spec Ops ship and the Traveler Cult. Now, I'm gonna go oversee my memory of Scrin units...

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »

Spec ops or a support ship byt the spec ops seems a better choice once we arrive.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 02:47:25 pm »

Looks like I didn't clarify on one thing. Tiberium seed pods are used to create new tiberium fields. Basically just a hunk of rock with tiberium in it.

Also, I forgot about cults. I may make up some advantages/disadvantages for each and allow you the option to align yourself with one, if that will make the game a bit more interesting. But then again, I'd like all options available and specializing in one might make gameplay more repetitive.

Finely, I'll be distinguishing your harvested tiberium and your "owned" tiberium. You may use your "owned" minerals in missions, but you won't be able to use them for ship upgrades. You'll also need to use some of your "owned" minerals anyway to start up a base on a planet, unless you pick the construction bay upgrade.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »

Another vote for Spec Ops. Glad to see the game got started.  :)
Also, I'll be roleplaying the technological arm of the Invasion Force

-------------

The Scrin Engineers on board were eager to begin the invasion.

"We've plenty of ideas...we need to try them out first. Command expects this to be an easy mission, but we've been surprised before."
"Indeed. I've given thought to that. Our enemies almost always have the advantage of numbers...not that it does them much good, in the end."
"Have you seen the schematics?"
"Rough, but workable. What did you call it again?"
"The Grinder. The reclaiming of enemy machinery and biotics. I got the idea while looking through some old historical records..."
"Sorting out the chaff seems a problem. I don't think you've solved that yet...let's talk about this more later..."

Scrin Engineers are tinkering with the current ideas (to be GM approved)

Buildings/

1. Scrin Grinder: Costs X minerals. You get X minerals for every enemy unit defeated in combat, to a max of X a turn.

The Scrin's greatest enemy during an invasion is a simple lack of resources. Unless the world in question is saturated with easy to claim Tiberium, it becomes easy for the native people to simply outnumber the Scrin to the point of nullifying the advantage of technology and surprise. So, Engineers began to draw up plans for a device that could be used to extract useful components from the dead, dying and destroyed...using small scale worm hole technology, it pulls those tossed within into pieces and desposits them for easy acess to builders...

The First Stage of extraction is non-useful materials and biological chaff-bones, teeth, clothes and plastics, for example. Drones scan all remains before recycling to search for potentially useful intelligence.
The Second Stage extracts useful metals, such as copper, iron and platinum, which are sent to our refineries as a by product.
The Third Stage collects the pure biological soup needed to feed Tiberum fields-blood and flesh.
The Final stage extracts any latent Tiberium resource present in the thing being recycled.

Efficency of the device is predicted to be 95.2% when it is finally developed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:18:22 pm »

Ooh, this is actually going!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

If Dwarmin is our technological arm then I declare myself the Scrin Host Relations Ministry

----------

Another world, another race. Another source of the green crystal. Poor fools, they were fated to die, but by their deaths the Scrin would continue to live...

The Scrin were an advanced race, they had been growing Tiberium and pillaging worlds for lifetimes. They had always not understood one thing though; the power of voice. It was always genocide or manipulation ( the mind control kind), never anything truly crafty.

This ship was a first among the Scrin, it would have a dedicated diplomatic force. Instead of simply jumping into violence, the first option would be diplomacy, trickery, and manipulation.  Cults could be established, willing slaves to work the fields, whole nations treating the Scrin as living gods! Yes, the way of diplomacy was more intelligent and glorious than the way of war, much better....

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:37:29 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:52:57 pm »

Then what the hell am I? The Foreman that commands the harvesting and ground forces?
I'm gonna consult the Mothership's AI on it's opinions on the Assimilator's new building specs. Don't send any of the Masterminds or Prodigies down there while I'm gone, the mind control tech is expensive. And for the love of the Traveler, don't drop a Tacitus down there either.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 04:17:57 pm »

Whats wrong with commanding our little army?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »

I didn't say anything is wrong with it in the first place, but I'd be stuck with whatever you guys produce.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 04:27:34 pm »

Oh I believe you could overrule us and tell us to do something else. Don't like it that the religion i've been making seems to only serve me? Order me to change it.

Don't like the tech being researched? Order it changed.

You are the Foreman after all your the one down there leading the troops. Ask what is needed and your servants shall provide.

(Foremen are leaders of an invasion force right? Haven't played the game so I don't know)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »

Foremen are poor guys that command the troops should hostile forces be there, and direct harvesting efforts when no direct threat is known. I assume they could change research, but they cannot force a religion change. Scrin support freedom of religion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 04:50:41 pm »

I'm just going to assume Phantom is the boss.

-----------------

The Engineers conferred amongst themselves. They decided to gain the Foremans blessing before moving forward. They would need his forces to provide material for field testing...

Honored Foreman-does the research into the mineral Grinder serve your purposes? What are your thoughts on it?

Direct us and we shall obey.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5