Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Command Vessel shall we take?

Battleship
Support Ship
Spec Ops

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!  (Read 4888 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 01:55:28 pm »

((How come Geen only had bad ideas...lol, no offense dude.  Remember, this is *role playing*, and I'm not actually being mean here. :P ))

The engineers stared at him.

First, mothership has no capabilty to orbital bombard.

Second, Scrin rely on tactics of speed and deception. A bombardment would alert the natives to our intentions-all of them. If the race cannot detect us, then perhaps such a plan may work along with a more detailed deception, but we would need more information to be sure.

Third, an orbital bombardment of any sort would heavily damage the world we intend to harvest. Sort of...missing the point...

Foreman, the Engineers are in agreement-throw this fool into our prototype Grinder, so he will not trouble us with his stupidity, and will be of much more use as building materials.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 04:09:57 pm »

Sorry... I'm more used to D&D or Paranoia (My favorite rpg of all time) style roleplaying.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »

it might help you here if you look up a bit about the Scrin. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »

Thanks, I'm sorry about my n00byness :P
EDIT: So we're some kind of biomechanical things that have both Zerg and Protoss elements, who are obsessed with harvesting tiberium?
Now that I think about it, stealth tactics would be much more efficient.
EDIT2: Though the Scrin Intro video fro C&C 3 seems like they prefer destruction...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:59:59 pm by Geen »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 06:05:52 pm »

Note: They've been in writing essentially since 1995. That, and considering that Tiberium is a great weapon and resource, and they need it to survive, there really isn't a reason to not harvest it. Yes, they're insect-like biomechanical lifeforms. In addition, they're not really stealthy. They're more like they have a crapload of units that are extremely specialized at killing each part of your army.

"Look, if you want to bring up battle plans that involve murdering the ichor out of everything, speak to one of the acolytes of the Reaper."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 06:40:16 pm »

OOC: What Phantom said. Tiberium is an invasive semi-organic material that eventually consumes all minerals and biologicals on a planet-The Scrin spread Tiberium to planets beforehand, then harvest it when it saturates. They use it for pretty much everything-weapons, food, power. It essentially just sucks the planet dry and gives it the the Scrin in a nice, easily harvested package. Pretty nifty!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:44 pm »

Destructive and valuable...

I LIKE IT!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 11:20:16 pm »

Updated the Info dump, check the end of mechanics and upgrades.

Turn 1: The Beginning of the End

So begins the end of another world. You acquire the Spec Ops command vessel, and have the construction bay lv 1 upgrade attached to it. You leave the mother ship with the very basics to start terraforming, 1 tiberium seed pod, and a construction bay to build your first base for free.

A few weeks pass and you enter a wide orbit around the planet. Your sensors pick up no communication. You park yourself behind one of the moons and scan the planet.

(Image provided once again by Virex. My art skills...suck. However, I drew the sucky boxes, so yay?)

You consider a few options that become available to you.

1)Send down a scouting team which is built using your owned minerals to attempt to establish communications with the alien race, if there is one, or at least scout out a safe building site.

2)Send your tiberium seed pod to a square at random, and create a base at the site. This will set your base up right away, but you'll be vulnerable to wildlife.....you may also accidentally create a base at an alien city, if one exists.

3)Talk with your advisers and see what they suggest.

Resources
1 Spec Ops Command Ship
-Lv 1 Construction Bay(unused)
1 tiberium seed pod
50 minerals(owned)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using paint.net. Good stuff, though no option to make a "grid". Also, I have yet to "populate" the squares with special events and such, nor have I created Civ techs, nor have I also created the techs you can gain from a grinder, though I can make a few updates before that becomes a worry. So in essence it may be a day or two before the next update.

Proceed to argue amongst yourselves about what to do next.  ;D
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 11:28:48 pm »

You can make it show a grid (View menu > Pixel grid), but making one is just a lot of work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:59 am »

((remember to add the blurb that multiple Scrin towers may be needed for larger/more remote planets.))

The Engineers confer

"We must scout out a suitable landing zone. Square 7 seems optimal, but has a high chance of sentient life along the water ways.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:10:15 am by Dwarmin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 12:56:02 am »

The Ministry argue amongst themselves and eventually come up with this answer.

"The ministry agrees that Square 7 is near perfect, but we will be too close to any sentient species should one exist. Square 5 is a better choice in our opinion. It has water flowing through it and nearby mountains to hide our forward base. We do not wish to come into contact with any sentient yet for if they see us completely it will be harder for us to manipulate them. We must seem invisible and invincible."

"We also suggest that we create small robotic drones to scout out the area. They should resemble their surroundings."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:06 am »

"Personally, I WOULD choose zone 5 on the sheer virtue of it being plains, and the fact that the Ichor tends to spread rather quickly in that area."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 01:07:09 am »

"Well yes it is a rather good spot is it not Foreman? I do wonder what our FAM official has to say about it though..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:44 am »

"Probably something like, "We should invade ALL the zones at once!"?

So helpful, Our FAM official."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:56 am »

The Minister Of Host Relations laughed...

"Ah yes he would wouldn't he?"

"Personally I think the FAM should be abolished but the Overseer seems to want them around...Perhaps he drops the idiots and political rivals into the FAM?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5