Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Command Vessel shall we take?

Battleship
Support Ship
Spec Ops

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!  (Read 4893 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 12:22:12 pm »

The Engineers conferred once again.

"Joking aside, lets dispatch scouts to zone 5. We should search for a forested area to establish the Tiberium field on, and stable ground for base construction.

Anyone have any objections?"

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:23:50 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

"I agree. Zone 5 seems a suitable place for our base, though zone 20 also seems useful."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 12:44:36 pm »

It seems zone 5 is a mountainous region instead of a flat one though, so perhaps zone 6 would be better suited? It would also give us quick access to the delta of zone 7, for raiding and intimidation purposes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 12:52:05 pm »

"We suggest the mountainous region. It will be more easily defensible, and much less likely to alert the population of our intentions.

Also, we would prefer a general thrust into zone 11 afterwards, instead. It will likely have a small population, and we can learn much from our interactions with them.

((OOC: Also, is the Defense Turret listed in the OP considered a buzzer hive/photon turret, or a combination of them?

I would change the dscription of defense turret to this in the OP.

Defense, Buzzer Hives: The first line of defense for a Scrin base, the Buzzers are little more than flying buzzsaws, created en masse to consume prey in swarms using a limited hive mind intelligence, and use the component material to reproduce more of themselves. Much like the insects they are programmed to be, they will viciously attack any non-scrin that approaches the Hive, and are very effective against unarmored foes./ 10 Attack, 5 HP and 10 Armour. Does not suffer attrition losses. Costs 20 minerals.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:01 pm »

Ah, yes. I couldn't remember the names of Scrin defenses, and just went "Eh", and called it a defense turret. Sure, that will work. It even plays into the attrition losses, since its self replicating.

Also, originally I was going to let you go to any part of the world instantly. This was before I thought of regions. Now you can only have your army travel through one region at a time.

A new building and mutation will be added to the OP momentarily to reflect this.

"Edit" OP updated.

Also, if you guys don't specify what the scouting force will be composed of, I'll just throw something together.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:08:22 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »

((Well, we don't have a unit list up yet. Do you want me to make it? I like writing lore.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:23 pm »

((Well, we don't have a unit list up yet. Do you want me to make it? I like writing lore.))

Oh, for some reason I thought I mentioned this, but apparently I didn't. You customize units.

Each point in HP, Armour, and Attack requires 1 mineral. Each unit requires at least 1 point in both HP and attack. Giving a unit a special ability costs radiation.

Slap a name on it, give it stats, and there you go. Give it some lore too for extra flavor.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 02:40:27 pm »

Oh. Then I'll make the first ones...though, we can all probably brainstorm.

"Foreman, we thought you would like to over our current designs somewhat, before we begin production...

Name: Arachnotron Squads
Class: Small Vehicle
HP:      1   
Armor:  3
Attack: 1
Cost: 5 minerals
Lore: The Scrin Arachnotron resembles an eight legged terrestial spider in appeareance-unlike most other Scrin units, it is highly mobile, designed for battle recon, sabotage, ambushes and skirmishing rather than direct combat. It's armed with with four small photoic cannons in its 'pincers', and each leg contains a nanoedge cutting blade, similiar in function to a buzzer. They utilize a basic optical camoflage system to hide themselves.

It is not recommended that the Arachnotron take the field by itself-it's strength is in supporting assault forces by delaying and hampering the enemy in the field. Competition between this design, and the more classical seeker is ongoing...

((OOC: Essentially, a defense boost, meat shield unit. It's got enough defense I think we can use it as our scout unit . Note, in this case 'armor' refers to its ability to evade direct combat through infiltration, instead of big plates of armor and shields. ))

Name: Seeker Group
Class: Small Vehicle
Armor:  1
Attack: 3
Cost: 5 minerals
Lore: The Seeker has reliably served the Scrin for many eons. It's a simple hovering combat vehicle, armed with both a multidirectional plasma disc launcher, and a variety of scanning and sensing equipment. Their ability to hover over the battlefield gives them decent enough moblity, but they are quite fragile...still, in comparison to the Arachnotron, they field much more powerful weaponry, and can, in decent enough numbers, be an offensive force to be reckoned with.

((OOC: Alternative scout type, with more offense. ))

Name: Buzzer Swarm
Class: Infantry
Armor:  0
Attack: 1
Cost: 2 minerals
Lore: The Scrin Buzzers are not in fact, singular entities-the swarm itself is a single hive mind, dedicated to a single goal, that being the destruction of our enemies. Resembling a small grinding blade given form and function, the buzzers can be mass produced easily, and sent in waves upon our enemies. Indivually, they are weak, and can be easily destroyed, but in large numbers, they serve a valuable function-wearing down our foes through attrition, and sparing more useful units damage in battle.

((OOC: Simple unit-good for mass production early on.))

Name: Gun Walkers
Class: Infantry
Armor:  2
Attack: 7
Cost: 10 minerals
Lore: The bio-mechanical Gun Walker, like many Scrin units, resembles an enormous insect and moves around on six legs. They carry a rapid-firing but low-intensity Photonic energy weapon effective against infantry and aircraft. It's fairly fragile, all things considered, but it's offensive powers are a boon.

((OOC: Basic assualt unit?))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 02:45:38 pm »

((We need a fast scouting unit with stealth abilities)) Never mind

"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:47:13 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 04:07:06 pm »

UPDATE ALREADY! AH AM GOIN INSANE!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 04:20:16 pm »

*reports the FAM Going insane to the Foreman*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 09:37:53 pm »

BUMP

This game will not die! lol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »

*Looks upon the headstone *
You are a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
                     RIP

"OOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBB!"

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »

Its been what four days give it time.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:20 pm »

What was that? Geen allowed Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum into our mothership with a nuke? Ah da...

*BOOM*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5