Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play: Oregon Trail (Willamette Valley)

(1/17) > >>

Sensei:
That's right. We're going to Oregon country!

In case you aren't familiar, Oregon Trail is a simulation of traveling in a covered wagon with your family to Oregon. The journey can be quite perilous. At the end, you're scored on how quickly you made it to Oregon, how wealthy and healthy (and how many survivors) you were when you got there, and with a bonus for how poor you started out.

We'll need to form a party. I will be our illustrious leader, Jebediah Kerman!

The other four in the party will be YOU! Choose names, the four best get to be 'your' characters. Character or no, anyone who wants can have a say in the decisions the party will make.

We also need to choose an occupation- it'll be up to you how hardcore you wish to be (brotip: losing is fun).

Then, what we buy to start off. This will depend on our starting money, so keep that in mind!

We also have to choose when to set out.

Once that's all done, we're on the trail! We set off in Missouri.

So, we need to decide who's in our party, our job, what we bring and when we start off. I'll start us off a little ways on filling rations and steady pace if nobody says otherwise. Start deciding, everybody!

Conrad:
Aha! I always wanted to see what this game is like! Can we have a character named "Conrad Mulvihille"? (Not my name, just sounds like a good Irish name. Maybe that or Conrad Mahoney)

How hardcore are you willing to get with this? It'd be champ if we had mostly teachers ; )

Heron TSG:
Professor Jiro, reporting.

I once did a stupid run with a wagon full of teachers, grandfather clocks, one rifle, and 10 bullets. Only one person made it through, but we made glorious time on the way there. And then we made our clock delivery.

Sensei:
Couple things to clear:

Character names are limited to 10 letters (Conrad Mul y'are, if you don't choose something else). Also, we only choose the profession of our ONE lead character, the others contribute no money (presumably being either houseworking family members or unemployed deadbeats).

Anyway, so far it looks like we have a "Prof. Jiro" and "Conrad".

Conrad:
Well, in that case, I choose "Unemployed Deadbeat"!

"Conrad" or "Conrad Mul" will do nicely!

I've got to say Matt must be doing quite nicely if he can sell you 2000 lbs of food and 20 oxen. That's one hell of a stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version