Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 226310 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »

It looks like a level 25 sniper, methinks. Squishy squishy is squishy. You counter sniper by keeping it dead, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2012, 09:09:27 pm »

No, I meant youwontseethatinleague.png.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »

So did I :P

Though I don't have much knowledge of league, honestly. I do sorta' remember sniper as being a fairly sub-par hero in higher level stuff, but that may have been a while back.

Sniper and ogre mage was about the only dota heroes I was worth a flip with, for the limited amount of time I was semi competent with it, but sniper was... well, it doesn't seem all that capable against people-worth-a-flip, at least back in WC3 dota.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:18:07 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

Yea, Sniper was never competitive. A squishy carry without a farming spell or an escape spell is in trouble. Sniper has neither, unless you count his slow as a escape spell. That slow is a pretty bad escape spell... what is it, like 22% at max level? Better then nothing I guess.

Luckily there are pub games where you can sit in your lane for half an hour and never get ganked.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

Yeah... it had been a while since I played DotA, and fired up the AI map... late last year? Something like that. Was surprised that sniper lost his farm spell (that laughed and ate entire waves, after a little bit) and it got replaced with a fairly mediocre AoE slow. Was like... did sniper really need a nerf? But I guess so and whatev'. Ogre mage A++, will own again. If I ever bother to get around to playing multiplayer DotA again (maybe after two actually does something :P), anyway.

OM doesn't get many kills, usually, but by the gods your team mates love you and life is hell for the other team. Love <3
Ask not!
Ask!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:58 am »

OM is hilarious when the other team has a pure support caster. I.E Crystal Maiden. One lucky cast of Fireball and shes down! :D

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2012, 03:14:09 am »

OM is hilarious when the other team has anything with less than 1000 health and the RNG loves you

FTFY.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2012, 07:34:21 am »

If someone has an open invite, I would take it. I was only ever meh at LoL but I enjoyed it.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Well, here someone who has lost his gaming life to DOTA2. I started with league of legends, but the moment I got the invitation I changed sides because DOTA is to the league the same as Dwarf fortress to the sims (NO SURRENDER BUTTON, FUCK YEAH. PREPARE TO BE MINCED MEAT DURING THE NEXT TYHIRTY MINUTES, UNDERFED ENEMIES). My favourite heroes are Lycan (Nothing beats getting a kill after chasing the enemie to the raxes while the three towers are up and get out of there with more than half your health), Veno (I pick him when I lane with a friend. He picks riki and when we get to the lane I start harassing. After level 4 and when any of them is at half health we simply start to punch them in the face. They never escape.) and "If you farm it well you fuckin rape everyone"· guys like obsidian destroyer or Lone druid (I don't leave jungle with this guy until I have radiance, hyperstone and tarrasque). And of course THE MANLIEST HERO WITHOUT TESTICLES, ALL HAIL KING LEORIC!
I usually manage to have my win/loss ratio positive, but it never gets over 3. I hope it'll be a pleasure disscussing with you all about this game.

PD: Also, I've been randoming always since I discovered it gives you more money. ¿Tangos? ¿Salves? Ring-o'-health at minute one, gentlemen
PPD: Also, my steam nick is ranter. Send me a MP to know it's you if anyone adds me. I have micro, but Ican't speak English fast enough for this kind of games, but I can try...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:22:19 pm by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:19 pm »

The new UI and hero picker quite bad...well really bad I hope they change it back
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2012, 01:09:03 am »

Mr. Pure Skill, No-Luck-At-All is out now. Take him out for a spin to showcase your 100% l33t haxx0rs headshotz pro skillz. He now comes with custom slot machine ringing so everyone can hear how much skill you displayed!

The godawful UI is also out too. Hope they change it. The new UI is also really laggy for some reason.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2012, 01:15:01 am »

*wonders who umi is talking about* *checks website*

Oh. Hai dere OM. Given that introduction, I can only imagine an unholy swath of poorly played OMs are about to hit dota2. Bloodlust is more dangerous than fireball :P
Ask not!
Ask!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2012, 02:46:49 am »

He / they actually says that, by the way.

"That was all skill! No luck at all!"

"That was great! I know, I practice a lot."

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2012, 06:38:37 am »

Am I the only one that likes new UI? Like the thing where you can see who uses courier, and movement speed. And it looks helluva smoother than old UI imho.
Hm OM, it will be fun to see how he will translate to current pro metagame.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »

Those aspects were already in before (though still pretty recent).

The one we're referring to is the new hero picker.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 246