Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 226350 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »

The new dashboard is fine, the new hero picker is incredibly bad.  It's inefficient and has made your teammates icons very, very small.  It makes the hero icons less prominent as well.  Valve seems to be using artists who think that the point of this screen is to showcase design and not to pick a team.

It's really, really bad for rd, where you have such a short amount of time to choose anyway.  Seriously, whoever designed the menu must have never played dota 2.

To boot, their redesign doesn't even show you what choices the other players on your team have in sd nor does it implement switch.  Overall, a complete waste of an update.  They changed things for the worse and didn't add essential features to the game.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

The user interface is a bit better, but the hero picker changes were unnecessary. The search function is nice, but grid view is too unpractical.
Seeing the feedback they're receiving, I bet it'll change soon enough.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »

Here's a preview of some of the cosmetic items that will be available whenever the game ever decides to release them.

Among other things is a Tidehunter Orca skin and Antimage literally wielding Manta Style: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/05/dota-2-cosmetic-items-preview/#more-1686

Also, Lion wants to sexytime.

Hay babeh~<3

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2012, 10:34:06 pm »

I'd much prefer kelen's dagger weapons for riki and am.  :P

Seems like they'd need a new animation for manta-style wielding am, since his normal weapon is one of those klingons thingies.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

His normal weapons are the crescent blades taken straight out of Warcraft 3.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:19 pm »

Oh.  The point being that the animation can't look right with him doing his spinny thing when he attacks.

What are heroes are people anticipating in the next few patches?  I've heard Nessaj, Chaos Knight, is coming soon, but, unfortunately, I don't really care for him.  I want to see some Ezalor and Centaur soon.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

I've got a friend who thinks all three Assassins will be released at once, to the disdain of every squishy caster and carry, but it seems most likely we'll be getting Chaos Knight instead.

After looking through all the heroes, I think I'm mostly waiting for Legion Commander and Centaur Warchief.

And it seems like all the int heroes are the most fun to play.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2012, 12:26:10 pm »

Legion Commander looks like a fun hero.  His ult looks amusingly trolly.

And after looking at him, the cd on that skill is nice.  Early level 6 with him would be quite nasty.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2012, 01:05:51 pm »

Friend gave me beta access for this as a Steam gift. Never played a MOBA before in my life.

Should be interesting.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »

Good luck!  I really don't know the best advice.  Play some bot games, read some guides at playdota, maybe watch some pro-matches as well.  Don't get discouraged if people trash talk.  It's a hard genre to get into, but it's pretty fun if you play for fun and don't get too hung up on winning every game.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29:43 am »

It has started, the F2P mechanics are on. I got my first item (Tidehunter back spikes) and the first crate. Also, 42 "Battle Points" for a 30-minute loss.

Interestingly, the shop also sells Dota 2 Early Access for 30€, which includes a tradable/activatable game and a bunch of cosmetic items. So now everyone can get into the game as the shop is available in a browser too.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37:55 am »

Prepare the floodgates!

In all honesty that's good to hear. I kind of like the idea of little cosmetic changes for DotA. Its definitely one of the better ways of handling a F2P model.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 01, 2012, 07:06:15 am »

Hahaha, oh wow some of these items are hilarious.

My favorite is the one that changes Tidehunter's ult to a giant plushie squid.

Edit: I still have one DotA pass if anyone here doesn't have it yet.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:20 am »

This might be the first competitive F2P game I've seen that actually does F2P right.   :o  I've been looking all over and I can't find a fault with it. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:47 pm »

Holy jesus crap.

A friend and I were playing a couple of rounds to see if we would get our hands on a custom courier. My god, don't ever play at this time of the day (we normally play at night, Canada time).

First two games, endless mike and text spamming from Russians and Albanians constantly screaming everything at everyone.

After having enough, we turn off EU servers from the list. Guess what. Endless mike and text spamming from American little kids. I'm not shitting you, these brats, couldn't even barely be 11 years old (evidenced by the stupidly high pitched voices) were screaming expletives at us in the chats while being absolutely moronic. I'm talking Spirit Breaker without a single point in his Bash for the entire game moronic.

=|

Holy crap if this is what the poor unfortunate souls who are forced to play at this time experience, I have great sympathy for them.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 246