Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914417 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3375 on: November 26, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

FTL + SS13. Players are split into crews of two to three and put on their own ships, then left to warp around the sector and hope to run into each other. The Captain will need some of the strategizing of FTL, while the crew will require the monkeying about and nonstop shenanigans of SS13.
Final Frontier.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3376 on: November 26, 2013, 09:06:41 pm »

FTL + SS13. Players are split into crews of two to three and put on their own ships, then left to warp around the sector and hope to run into each other. The Captain will need some of the strategizing of FTL, while the crew will require the monkeying about and nonstop shenanigans of SS13.
Final Frontier.
link?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: November 27, 2013, 03:02:04 pm »

Final Frontier.
link?
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1277720
As of yet they're working on a GMod gamemode, but may make it standalone. They currently have a very experimental version.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: November 28, 2013, 07:12:52 am »

An old-school 2D hardcore roguelike platformer with retro 8/16-bit graphics.
No, wait...

A voxel-based builder game!
Damn...

A modern war first-person shooter!
Fuck...
A zombie survival horror game with focus on the main characters.
COME ON!

A free-to-play MOBA!

Something's wrong here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: November 28, 2013, 07:53:10 am »

Eh... I wouldn't complain about a faithful update of Quake II. I'm actually running out of games to wish for.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: November 28, 2013, 09:45:09 am »

Do you enjoy it, Janet? :)

Oh, damn late but yeah. RoTT 2013 was like the most recent FPS I really, really liked. I hope interceptor gets even more SP content into it eventually. If I have one complaint about it, and it's one that applies to the original too. It's that secret levels are just for padding your score really. No actual challenges or complex level design in them.

The game also preforms a bit weird since it runs for me at 60fps on all but a few areas on max everything, but 20-30 on medium.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: November 28, 2013, 09:59:25 am »

Do you enjoy it, Janet? :)

Oh, damn late but yeah. RoTT 2013 was like the most recent FPS I really, really liked. I hope interceptor gets even more SP content into it eventually. If I have one complaint about it, and it's one that applies to the original too. It's that secret levels are just for padding your score really. No actual challenges or complex level design in them.

The game also preforms a bit weird since it runs for me at 60fps on all but a few areas on max everything, but 20-30 on medium.

Alright, I am buying this for Christmas. The original game was, along with Quake and Duke Nukem 3d, super cool. :D

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: November 28, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »

Eh... I wouldn't complain about a faithful update of Quake II. I'm actually running out of games to wish for.
Is Quake 2 very good? I really liked Quake 1, and I love the idea of shooters involving magic and demons like that, so I was kinda turned off by the whole "aliens" thing.

A game that I would definitely play is a first person Terraria-esque game.
Don't say Minecraft,  that's not what I mean. I mean something where there's the same type of progression, a ton of obtainable items and weapons, and maybe some crazy boss battles. Or really, just a FPS which features mainly huge, insane boss battles against lovecraftian horrors.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: November 28, 2013, 08:31:57 pm »

Is Quake 2 very good? I really liked Quake 1, and I love the idea of shooters involving magic and demons like that, so I was kinda turned off by the whole "aliens" thing.

A game that I would definitely play is a first person Terraria-esque game.
Don't say Minecraft,  that's not what I mean. I mean something where there's the same type of progression, a ton of obtainable items and weapons, and maybe some crazy boss battles. Or really, just a FPS which features mainly huge, insane boss battles against lovecraftian horrors.

Quake 2 is pretty damn awesome and it plays in a fairly similar manner to Quake 1. The issue is the monsters and lovecraftian element is totally removed and replaced with cyborgs and future tech. I'd still recommend a try.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: November 28, 2013, 09:33:44 pm »

It's more like Quake 3: Arena than it is like Q1 in overall feel and visual style, which is personally why I like it. Weirdly enough, I also found it to be a bit reminiscent of Doom 3 in the way that you complete objectives to open new areas until you can move on to the next overall area, which works better for Quake 2 than it did for D3.

I've heard people say that it's one of the more forgettable single-player games that id put out, but I put it about on the same tier as Q3 and Doom. I can't recall ever setting up a deathmatch though, so maybe I'm missing out.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:43:15 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: November 28, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »

I've gotta admit that my experience of Q2 is coloured positively by the fact that I played through it co-op with my dad. Such fun times X)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: November 28, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »

It's more like Quake 3: Arena than it is like Q1 in overall feel and visual style, which is personally why I like it. Weirdly enough, I also found it to be a bit reminiscent of Doom 3 in the way that you complete objectives to open new areas until you can move on to the next overall area, which works better for Quake 2 than it did for D3.

I've heard people say that it's one of the more forgettable single-player games that id put out, but I put it about on the same tier as Q3 and Doom. I can't recall ever setting up a deathmatch though, so maybe I'm missing out.

Quake 1 is more the odd one out in it's own series. The medieval/Cthulhu elements were, as itisnotlogical says, replaced with robots and sci-fi.

Hexen and Heretic are the magic and demons ones to play. They're much more similar to Doom then Quake, but add an early inventory system like what was in Duke Nukem (Hold medpack for later use kind of thing). I would also recommend "Blood". It's got the same fantasy/Cthulhu vibe as Quake, where you are hunting down the evil god of a cult you used to belong to. With copious amounts of blood of course. :P
It's got a lot of references to horror movies in it, and the levels are really well designed with solid themes and layouts rather then tunnels.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: November 28, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »

Keep in mind though, the Steam version of Quake 2 is missing all the music, as are all modern releases of Quake 1. You'll have to find some sort of patch, or else buy the game on a disc like some sort of barbarian savage :P

Although, depending on how much you value atmosphere, it can be rather rewarding to play without the original music. I played the Steam demo, and there was this loud distorted bass throb in the background that has apparently replaced the music for that level. It was very creepy and fitting.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: November 28, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »

Step 1: buy steam version

Step 2: download ISO.

Step 3: have awesome heavy-metal soundtrack.

Yannanth

« Reply #3389 on: November 28, 2013, 10:20:54 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:33:02 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 577