Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 904882 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3390 on: November 28, 2013, 10:28:02 pm »

I'd just be happy if it made freelook a toggle-able option. Computer mice probably weren't common back then, but you think id of all people would have the foresight to at least include the option.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yannanth

« Reply #3391 on: November 29, 2013, 07:38:32 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:32:48 pm by Yannanth »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: November 29, 2013, 08:25:48 am »

A game that I would definitely play is a first person Terraria-esque game.
Don't say Minecraft,  that's not what I mean. I mean something where there's the same type of progression, a ton of obtainable items and weapons, and maybe some crazy boss battles. Or really, just a FPS which features mainly huge, insane boss battles against lovecraftian horrors.
You may want to try 3069, 3079, and so on ...
Those are some game created by the same guy (one of them might be free), with procedurally generated regions, ennemies, buildings, shops, weapons, armors, utilities, quests, ...
There is also the huge boss thing, but it's not really lovecraftian, more pixelated future thingy ...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: November 29, 2013, 08:33:52 pm »

Mount and Blade: Elder Scrolls Edition.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: November 29, 2013, 08:44:54 pm »

A game that I would definitely play is a first person Terraria-esque game.
Don't say Minecraft,  that's not what I mean. I mean something where there's the same type of progression, a ton of obtainable items and weapons, and maybe some crazy boss battles. Or really, just a FPS which features mainly huge, insane boss battles against lovecraftian horrors.
You may want to try 3069, 3079, and so on ...
Those are some game created by the same guy (one of them might be free), with procedurally generated regions, ennemies, buildings, shops, weapons, armors, utilities, quests, ...
There is also the huge boss thing, but it's not really lovecraftian, more pixelated future thingy ...

Are there any more than just 3079, or are they elsewhere than steam?

Searching 30[6|7|8]9 and only 3079 came up. I threw it on my wishlist to keep an eye out for sales (though it was only released this month so might not go on sale at all).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:07 pm »

Mount and Blade: Elder Scrolls Edition.

Yes... or rather TES: M&B edition, if possible.

... Or maybe not, SO MANY FEATURES!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: November 29, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »

Mount and Blade: X-COM edition.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: November 29, 2013, 11:17:29 pm »

Mount and Blade: I can actually run it edition

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: November 29, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »

Considering the computer I first played mount and blade on, my god. Replace that toaster you're apparently stuck with.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: November 30, 2013, 12:33:59 am »

Posting to watch.

Personally, what I really want is 3D Terraria. Minecraft-style construction combined with Terraria's ridiculous amounts of gear would be awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: November 30, 2013, 12:53:07 am »

A Dr. Who point-n-click in the style of Star Trek: 25th Anniversary would be neat. All I've found in the way of Who vidya is some old adventure games from the dawn of computers, and a more recent platformer for the Xbox 360.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: November 30, 2013, 12:57:28 am »

A good open world voxel pirate/sailor/whaler simulator.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: November 30, 2013, 02:13:09 am »

An RTS with a large focus on modding. Something like simple XML documents would define most of everything, and it would be designed specifically for the purpose of being modded by people. It could also sync peoples mods to work in multiplayer.

Could you please reduce the size of your avatar? Its colossal in size and makes slower internet connections buckle under the load.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: November 30, 2013, 02:15:04 am »

An RTS with a large focus on modding. Something like simple XML documents would define most of everything, and it would be designed specifically for the purpose of being modded by people. It could also sync peoples mods to work in multiplayer.

Could you please reduce the size of your avatar? Its colossal in size and makes slower internet connections buckle under the load.

It seems to be a JPEG, and an examination showed it to be less than a megabyte. I feel your pain, though. I thankfully have speedy internet now, but slow internet is no fun.

Edit: Derp. I was briefly confused about how big a megabyte is. Yeah, that image should really be scaled down.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: November 30, 2013, 06:27:27 am »

A multiplayer first-person shooter where armies of followers of "good gods of magic" and "evil gods of technology" clash on enormous battlefields, yadda yadda.

The gameplay for each of the sides would have to be very different from one another (even though games like Primal Carnage or Natural Selection already managed to do the asymmetric gameplay concept well) - I mean, you have, say, dwarves with tactical shotguns and grenades in tanks fighting against, I don't know, elves with fireballs and health potions riding on dragons. (it could be just standard humanVhuman for all I care, though an idea of modern-day dwarves/any other race sounds hilarious) 

Bonus points for using a TF2 payment model - ie. you can get every gameplay-affecting thing for absolutely free and the only things that you can buy with IRL money are cosmetics. Oh, and every new goodie is a sidegrade compared to your standard equipment.

It would probably be a balancing nightmare for the potential developers, but oh well, it's not like that game would ever exist anyway.
;-;
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 577