Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 913486 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3420 on: December 07, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »

There's two sides. One side is played as an RTS, where you build hundreds of robots. The other side is played as an FPS, where there's (3,5,7,9) players controlling individual heroes. The heroes have a generator or portal or spaceship or crystal parrot they need to protect, and the RTS guy has his command bunker or something.

The complicated maps have some areas that are easier for PCs to reach, and some that are easier for RTS drones to access. Both sides can modify it by building walls and defenses that limit the accessibility for the other side.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: December 07, 2013, 04:04:12 pm »

I want a game based around something like X-Com and Halo, where players do this:

-1 Choose a base team, which influences what base tech they start with. You'll immediately be flung into creating your first character then into a match. Fight against the other teams! Do well, and you'll get Research Points, take enemy weapons/items and gain specific Tech Points. Once match 1 is done, all teammates will be able to suggest tech paths to take, unlocking weapons and other things.

Depending on mode, techs are individual, chosen at random from one player, chosen at random from available points, chosen based on what most players took, with 50/50 or 25/25/25/25 splits being chosen at random.

Rounds are chosen anywhere from 3 (starting early, mid-"game", or endgame), 5 (starting early or midgame), or 7-8 (starting at base tech)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 07, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

Oh, I also want to see the bastard child of Wipeout and Hydro Thunder. (of course they're both possibly dead racing games but fuck they were GOOD.)

Marrying the concept involves hovercraft, the air-powered amphibious ones.

You've got mostly aquatic maps, but they're equal parts on land/track, because amphibious.

The ships are over the top. Like, waaaay over the top. Each one has a unique weapon, as well as being able to use boost + universal weapons. One might have three fans instead of the basic one, and have miniguns on the sides.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: December 07, 2013, 05:23:53 pm »

Mount and Blade with highly accurate body damage with dismemberment and decapatation a la what Dead Island was supposed to be.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 07, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

Mount and Blade with jetpacks. Think Natural Selection 2, but with a cavalry sword.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 07, 2013, 05:52:45 pm »

I want amorphous Plus 2 :(.
Crack-a-lack-a

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 07, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »

It's a time attack game. There's one dude, that's you. There's hundreds/ten/thousands of bad guys.

You have perfect time perception.

You punch, kick, and shoot your way upstream along the ever-increasing storm of baddies. You can't move faster than an ordinary ninja, but you can pause, slow, and even potentially reverse time. You can dodge bullets, though mainly by avoiding their laser scopes.

Survive as long as you can. When you inevitably get taken down, you get a real-time replay of your awesome battle.

blazing glory

« Reply #3427 on: December 07, 2013, 11:24:52 pm »

right now I'm in a hurry later I will come up with some kind of game but as a on the fly answer I would LOVE to have any of the good games that exist right now to be 12 rated

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 07, 2013, 11:58:27 pm »

Mount and Blade with highly accurate body damage with dismemberment and decapatation a la what Dead Island was supposed to be.

Let me take you back to 1998, where some portion of your wish may be granted.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 08, 2013, 02:17:15 am »

Let me take you back to 1998, where some portion of your wish may be granted.

There was another game, "Severance: Blade of Darkness" that had dismemberment. It was a 3rd person hack and slash with different moves pulled off by button combos but I remember you could chop off an arm then use it as a weapon and probably other things.

I only ever played the demo, I think my computer had difficultly running it at the time. It's on Good Old Games for about $6.00, though it seems there it's only called "Blade of Darkness".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: December 08, 2013, 02:50:19 am »

There have been a bunch of games that had dismemberment as a major feature, but Die By the Sword and Dwarf Fortress are the only ones I've ever seen with effective and meaningful implementation.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 08, 2013, 03:46:26 am »

It's a time attack game. There's one dude, that's you. There's hundreds/ten/thousands of bad guys.

You have perfect time perception.

You punch, kick, and shoot your way upstream along the ever-increasing storm of baddies. You can't move faster than an ordinary ninja, but you can pause, slow, and even potentially reverse time. You can dodge bullets, though mainly by avoiding their laser scopes.

Survive as long as you can. When you inevitably get taken down, you get a real-time replay of your awesome battle.

You should check out Superhot.  Its not exactly what you want, (and currently its more of a demo than a game) but it has a lot of the elements.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: December 08, 2013, 04:21:23 am »

Good point. I've actually tried it out, and you're right, it's basically the concept I'm looking for.

Throw in Toribash and Mirror's Edge, and maybe even Braid if we can rewind time at will... Hmm...

Maybe you earn "rewind time" by getting combos, streaks, and special moves. Use a cyber nazi slaver bandit to block an attack from his buddy with a machine gun, and earn +0.5 seconds rewind. Ordinary takedown? +0.1 second. Have to play with the numbers, because you want players to feel free to undo uncool things for cooler replays...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 09, 2013, 01:27:20 pm »

Games I wish existed? Dwarf Fortress 1.0. Nuff said.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: December 09, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »

I'm sort of interested in someone taking the "flashback" aspect of storytelling and do something better than "THIS IS THE END OF THE GAME PLAY IT TO FIND OUT WHY."

Imagine a game where you start off in some kind of interrogation room. You recount your story, as well as exploring increasingly fucked-up maps between story missions to reflect the mind-altering drugs in your system.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 577