Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 912693 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3675 on: March 04, 2014, 02:42:32 am »

Pokemon with League of Legends characters, and League of Legends with Pokemon.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 04, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

A game where you run a realistic organised crime group. No romanticised noire stuff. In a modern-day city, trying to make money doing various illegal activities, then doing as you please with it. Possibly with a variety of settings to play your campaign in (e.g. Industrial city, large commercial services-based city, squatter settlement, etc). I think it could be pretty good, as long as it doesn't get people ranting at it because moral reasons. Which it inevitably would.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 04, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »

A wild Garren has appeared!  Garren uses DEMACIA! (I haven't played League in years now, so I'm not even sure if that's his name anymore.)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:11 pm »

Spoiler: OT (click to show/hide)

A remake of Jet Set Radio for Xbox 360/Playstation 3.  I know that steam has it, but it's not the same as being able to play on a HUGE TV screen or with a controller.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 04, 2014, 08:11:23 pm »

A game where you run a realistic organised crime group. No romanticised noire stuff. In a modern-day city, trying to make money doing various illegal activities, then doing as you please with it. Possibly with a variety of settings to play your campaign in (e.g. Industrial city, large commercial services-based city, squatter settlement, etc). I think it could be pretty good, as long as it doesn't get people ranting at it because moral reasons. Which it inevitably would.
I actually had an idea for something like that a while ago, but instead of modern day it would be more Prohibition era. Like, you'd have to maintain speakeasies and whatnot.

Another game I'd like to see is a huge open world party based RPG, but with larger parties than most games, and rather than having a set number of characters, you could recruit unique people from almost any race in the game (Which would be quite a bit). In addition, the amount of progression for each individual unit would be very large, with a huge amount of classes which progress in a sort of outwards branching path. For example, suppose you recruit an untrained dwarf. His class would be Rookie. Upon a certain number of level ups, he could become a new class, based on his equipment, and his skills, which would improve with use. So if he was skilled with unarmed, quarterstaffs, or divine magic(which would essentially be a skill for praying), he could become a monk. Then, if he focused more on weapons, he could become a guardian, or if he focused more on divine magic, he would become a cleric. And so on and so forth.

Both races and classes would consist of a mix of more traditional options, such as paladins, dwarves and orcs, and partially or completely new options, such as deeplings, which would be blind relatives of dwarves who at some point became shunned the surface and became physically frail, or maybe a class such as a crusader, which would be similar to a paladin, but the benefits from divine magic is more offensively focused.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:52 pm »

Spoiler: OT (click to show/hide)

A remake of Jet Set Radio for Xbox 360/Playstation 3.  I know that steam has it, but it's not the same as being able to play on a HUGE TV screen or with a controller.

Plug TV into computer using HDMI cables available (or other methods depending on TV)
Use Joy-to-key (If it doesn't already have controller support)
? ? ?
Profit

EDIT:  Accursed smilies.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »

you can use the [nobbc][/nobbc] tags. I do that with numbered lists where I don't want the sunglasses smiley to replace number 8.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 04, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »

you can use the [nobbc][/nobbc] tags. I do that with numbered lists where I don't want the sunglasses smiley to replace number 8.

I didn't realize this was a thing, I thank you kind sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:29 pm »

A wild Garren has appeared!  Garren uses DEMACIA! (I haven't played League in years now, so I'm not even sure if that's his name anymore.)

There's only one R, but DEMACIAAAA!!! still applies.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 05, 2014, 12:04:23 pm »

All my favourite PC games on my new android tablet. Mainly df and urw.

Something halfway between an RPG and the sims, that isn't solely focused on fighting monsters but doesn't have silly abstractions like carrying tons of rock blocks on your backpack that you can plop down and build a castle for yourself with. Ideally it has something resembling a plot and has meaningfull interactions with NPCs, and has multiplayer but isn't a persistent world mmo
Bonus points for being set on the pre-history or early bronze age

I'm actually planning on making such a game based on my pixel tribe adventures forum game, and it, among other things has led me to enroll on a computer engineering university course. I'm studying high school maths for the admission exams. I didn't have math in high school, and I haven't studied maths in over 10 years...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 05, 2014, 01:58:28 pm »

An RPG not based on European culture. I want to fight a Chinese lóng, not an European dragon, or Quetzalcoatl or something.
There's so much potential in world cultures for so many games and yet we seem to be strictly limiting ourselves to European (at best Middle Eastern)-esque fantasy.

And for that matter, a game based on Slavic folklore. Stuff like fern flowers, vilas, vodyanoys etc.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 05, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Slavic is still fairly European.

A full-on Middle-Eastern fantasy would be kind of cool, because Arabic mythology provides a couple non-human races that would be easily playable (Ifrits, for one). The Pacific Northwest and the Black Hills have mythologies and lifestyles that would make for an interesting game, too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 05, 2014, 03:35:34 pm »

Slavic is still fairly European.

A full-on Middle-Eastern fantasy would be kind of cool, because Arabic mythology provides a couple non-human races that would be easily playable (Ifrits, for one). The Pacific Northwest and the Black Hills have mythologies and lifestyles that would make for an interesting game, too.
Pacific Northwest was what I was gonna mention too!

'Course, you have to be real careful with any Native American mythology, because, more than any other, you will get people (who are very rarely Native Americans, natch) who bitch about minor mistakes as being irredeemably disrespectful, and even if you get it all right there's still the cries of "culchurral uhpprohpriashun".

Re: Slavic mythology, the modern stuff isn't super interesting (still interesting, but hard to base a whole game on). The weird pre-Christian stuff is pretty good, though. And since no one believes in pre-Christian Slavic religions anymore, there's no one to offend!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:52 pm »

And since no one believes in pre-Christian Slavic religions anymore, there's no one to offend!
Heh, you are wrong. I know quite a lot of guys who call themselves neopagans and worship Perun and others

Speaking about mythology related game. I would love a game based on Greek or Nordic mythology where you play as a god and participate in all that intrigues among the gods

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Actually, a game properly based on propper European mythology that isn't full of inconsistencies and cheap knock offs of dnd's artistic liberties would be an innovation. You would be surprised what ''goblin'' or ''troll'' meant a couple hundred years ago. Cheap fantasy has been adopting meso-american, asian and Hindu flavours for some time now, too...
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 577