Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914814 times)

blazing glory

Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5100 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:55 am »

A game with no scoring system.

Your level of success is determined by how intact your body is.
Toribash is sort of like that.

The score is determined by how intact your body is.

Or more, how intact the other guy's body is.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: March 27, 2015, 09:10:52 am »

Interesting...
To which genres would you apply this idea? And in what way?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »

That sounds a little like Cogmind
http://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/faq.html
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: March 27, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »

Now that they have the engine, Daggerfall remade, and Bethesda just spends their whole time on the map, story, combat, and crafting.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: March 27, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

Deus Ex with a out-of-the-loop pensioner. Could be hilarious. See: Blade Runner Remake
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: March 27, 2015, 11:24:23 pm »

I work in a call center. After guiding our customer through an extremely stressful problem, he ended the call with my rep by straight-faced saying "Well, at least you aren't a Jamaican Warlock".

What is this man's life like.

Now I want to see an RPG with Jamaican Warlock as a playable character class
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:01 am »

"Its like a normal Warlock, but your dreadlocks give people a grapple bonus against you."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: March 29, 2015, 03:29:39 pm »

Don't forget the psychoactive breath attack!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:19 am »

A MMORPG where cities grew the more players lived in them.

Not like, a sandbox, or having ugly "user houses", or instances. Completely single-map overworld but every player can place a single house (in an allowed plot), and the city expands grid like SimCity, using road grids and all that junk, and maybe spawning more and more NPC businesses (players can own a shop, I guess?). Maybe something that looks like Ultima Online. Like, if Minoc were to grow and eventually become more like Britain. Proper "town planning" even if it's done by AI.

Maybe the entire city is "pre-built" to be gigantic, but in-game it has to expand graphically as it grows. To the point where you have to take a (free, maybe) cart from one end of the city to another.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: March 30, 2015, 02:35:17 pm »

Looper-style game mechanics (so-so movie) where you either have to prevent your separate, former self from dying or cause your own death when you finally win (with a modicum of AI assistance). Maybe both at once.
Reading a thinner book

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:32 pm »

Looper-style game mechanics (so-so movie) where you either have to prevent your separate, former self from dying or cause your own death when you finally win (with a modicum of AI assistance). Maybe both at once.
Come on Resequence Engine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:22 am »

A game where you "make the job fit the crew" rather then vice versa.

You're saddled (anchored?) with a bunch of hopeless, mad, bad, and disagreeable characters who share nothing but a need for coin, leaving post haste and hilariously poor life expectancy.

You need to find a job which everyone disagrees the least about, that pays anyone you can't "charm", and has a reservation firmly ringed by vacuum. Now! Undermine, sidestep or even complete the mission so that the right people have started worshipping petunias, hared off after a nemesis or reported you to the authorities, or not as the case may be.

Manipulate your way into a working misunderstanding of a team with goals the sane (you) understand, prosper through misinformation, test loyalties, perform "spontaneous" heroics, and all in all concoct disintegrating plots at speed as you misadventure.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:49:13 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: April 01, 2015, 11:15:15 am »

A game where you "make the job fit the crew" rather then vice versa.

You're saddled (anchored?) with a bunch of hopeless, mad, bad, and disagreeable characters who share nothing but a need for coin, leaving post haste and hilariously poor life expectancy.

You need to find a job which everyone disagrees the least about, that pays anyone you can't "charm", and has a reservation firmly ringed by vacuum. Now! Undermine, sidestep or even complete the mission so that the right people have started worshipping petunias, hared off after a nemesis or reported you to the authorities, or not as the case may be.

Manipulate your way into a working misunderstanding of a team with goals the sane (you) understand, prosper through misinformation, test loyalties, perform "spontaneous" heroics, and all in all concoct disintegrating plots at speed as you misadventure.

This pretty much describes being the GM of a tabletop RPG.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: April 01, 2015, 11:50:56 am »

I stand corrected. I need to get back into the saddle!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:55:34 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: April 01, 2015, 12:03:34 pm »

An "interactive novel" like Portal (not that one, this one). But online (browser based seems like a good option) and with a multiplayer component. Like some sort of Facebook (Spacebook, heh).

Like, you know how they turned Alter Ego into a browser game. And like there's a lot of other web games that are kinda sorta like what I mean (Fallen London). But I want a game that looks more like computer browsing (not necessarily hacking). For some reason. No idea why I want such a game. It's not exactly original :D

In Portal, you "play" a lone astronaut in an apparently abandoned Earth trying to figure out what the hell happened. This could be like, waking up from some cryo sleep trying to figure out what the hell happened in a mostly abandoned Earth. But slowly you find out that other people are waking too and interact with them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:05:45 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 577