Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914655 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5115 on: April 01, 2015, 12:40:17 pm »

Hotline Miami multiplayer.
With sadist map design (all the guns spawn in an entirely glass room looking out on every main hallway the map has, for example), combo powerups (the more and faster you kill, the crazier your screen gets and the closer you are to a drug-fueled Mario Star trip, unleashing the hounds, or calling in for a truly absurd weapon) and the masks being the only real character customization with an impact on gameplay.

MOBA x RPG.
Shake up the MOBA formula by shifting it back to it's roots a bit- instead of specific heroes, you take a class- allowing you different skill trees and weapons. For instance, the Hoplite (based on Etrian Odyssey) may gain passives to reflect a portion of melee damage (armor spikes) or, in the same slot, gain a passive which lets them move a bit faster (well-designed armor), or even have a chance to resist effects of any kind (enchanted armor). Usually, one class may choose 2 of 6 offensive skills, 1 of 3 passives, or possibly just 3 free slots for 9 skills.

Ultimates will either be determined by a class's weapon type + some player choice (faction/religion?), or a number to choose from. Assuming 10 factions, representing order, deception, chaos, wilderness, growth, spirits/death, storms, illness/undeath, war/victory, and progress/foresight, each one will have one ultimate skill for each weapon type (classes only get one weapon by default).
An Order-based Hoplite's ultimate may stun enemies under a rain of spears, while a Chaos-based one may cause a terrain-breaking AOE.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:12 pm »

A game with:

The combat of War of the Roses. Think Mount and Blade, but with different armor types, weapons with different damage types, usable visors that function and restrict vision, and of course cavalry and lances. More realistic, however, WotR armor is typical hollywood paper armor.

The voxel engine of the current 7 Days to Die release, but set in a medieval fantasy period and with more variety and/or random prefabs. Think Minecraft, but without the blocky look - actual smooth terrain and decent looking enemies. (Earlier 7D2D was still blocky.) Also the underground chasms, caverns and abandoned mineshafts of Minecraft. These were fun to explore.

The lore of Forgotten Realms, in a setting that is largely wilderness and frontier with very few civilized bastions. Just because preference.

A magic/skill system similar to that of Guild Wars 1, where you can learn skills from trainers or killing rare enemies, and they may have powerful synergies, but you can only equip a small handful at any one time. I prefer low/no magic fantasy. For a more realistic approach, this could be changed to artifacts, such as shield spikes that unlock a shield bash, weapon poisons for special attacks, and so on. Death causes the ones equipped to be lost.

The town-building mechanics of something similar to Millenaire, a mod for Minecraft in which you can help villages expand as well as found your own villages on your own, which will populate with NPC villagers, stage raids, expand, etc. Alternatively any town building sim that fits well.

The day/night enemy system of 7 Days to Die, where day time enemies are slow and isolated, and you explore, build and gather, and night time enemies come in fast, vicious hordes, when you stealth and/or defend.

The campaign system of Warband, where you can give your allegiance to a lord and fight for their cause, and ultimately aspire to become king of the lands. In this case, less conquering and more exploring and building, in combination with lots of town defense. Also, the scale of battles of Warband as well, with potentially hundreds of AI troops.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:53:05 pm by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: April 01, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

An ArmA-esque strategic military game but set on the inside of a concave "Earth" (obviously not actually the entirety of Earth. Just the inside of a large sphere). Anywhere can be seen from (just about) anywhere with enough magnification.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: April 01, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »

An ArmA-esque strategic military game but set on the inside of a concave "Earth" (obviously not actually the entirety of Earth. Just the inside of a large sphere). Anywhere can be seen from (just about) anywhere with enough magnification.
I predict somebody trying to build a gigantic tower to the center to have a strategic bombing advantage.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: April 01, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure the sun would have to be in the middle, so that wouldn't be the hottest idea.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »

Hotline Miami multiplayer.
With sadist map design (all the guns spawn in an entirely glass room looking out on every main hallway the map has, for example), combo powerups (the more and faster you kill, the crazier your screen gets and the closer you are to a drug-fueled Mario Star trip, unleashing the hounds, or calling in for a truly absurd weapon) and the masks being the only real character customization with an impact on gameplay.

MOBA x RPG.
Shake up the MOBA formula by shifting it back to it's roots a bit- instead of specific heroes, you take a class- allowing you different skill trees and weapons. For instance, the Hoplite (based on Etrian Odyssey) may gain passives to reflect a portion of melee damage (armor spikes) or, in the same slot, gain a passive which lets them move a bit faster (well-designed armor), or even have a chance to resist effects of any kind (enchanted armor). Usually, one class may choose 2 of 6 offensive skills, 1 of 3 passives, or possibly just 3 free slots for 9 skills.

Ultimates will either be determined by a class's weapon type + some player choice (faction/religion?), or a number to choose from. Assuming 10 factions, representing order, deception, chaos, wilderness, growth, spirits/death, storms, illness/undeath, war/victory, and progress/foresight, each one will have one ultimate skill for each weapon type (classes only get one weapon by default).
An Order-based Hoplite's ultimate may stun enemies under a rain of spears, while a Chaos-based one may cause a terrain-breaking AOE.
Weirdly enough, I've had some ideas loosely within the same vein as these two ideas.
The first one is a project that I want to eventually make in Gamemaker (it seems fairly uncomplicated, but that's what I thought about my last attempt with GM), where two players are samurai squaring off with Hotline-like controls. Dashing strikes, roll dodges, attacks with varying ranges and arcs, dying in one hit, etc.

The other one being a 2013 Tomb Raider inspired moba, with less pushing lanes of creeps, and slightly more survival-y vibes. Including limited vision arcs, stealth attacks, and fighting over salvage to upgrade equipment. I've even planned out what a couple of the characters would have for skills, even though I doubt it will turn into anything more than an idea dump.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5121 on: April 01, 2015, 11:34:46 pm »

I'd like to see an ArmA style game with fictional weapons. Maybe even with Reciever level of detail, maybe not. Either way, crystal ray-guns and 21-barrel black-powder Drillings could fit in a concave world rather well.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: April 02, 2015, 08:50:51 am »

21-barrel black-powder Drillings
I can almost smell it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: April 02, 2015, 09:37:09 am »

I've been kicking around a new idea for a game for a couple days, it started with the simple thought: in Civ 5 a fortification built in the bronze age is still useful/modern in the atomic age, wouldn't it be cool to have a game where the castle you built at the start is an abandoned, overgrown ruin by the end of the game.

With that in mind I came up with an idea for a game that would be something like a blend of city building/4x, if you took banished, factorio, and the Civ series and blended them all together.  Gameplay would be based on setting up villages, clearing forests for farmland, and setting up the internal trade of your society.  Individual villages would have a reservoir of supplies, a production rate, and a consumption rate.  Roads would provide trade bandwith between villages, which could be increased by improving the roads.  The civilian population would create a baseline consumption rate that would abstract their need to use supplies to build themselves houses and other structures.  The player would also be able to build specific economy/military buildings that would use a "labor" resource to convert or generate other resources.  The player would also be able to direct resource distribution along roads, using up the road bandwith to move resources between villages, and to remote construction sites.

You would also be able to build things like castles, which would require labor and resources to be delivered via road to its construction site, and would require supplies to be delivered to it to maintain it once it is built.  At some point a player may wish to no longer supply a castle, or pay for its maintinence, and it would start to decay, eventually falling to ruin. (or if a road is overrun by banditry, or a foreign invasion, perhaps it becomes impossible to supply the castle adequately)

I'll probably keep kicking this idea around in my head, if it sticks, maybe i'll try to model out the gameplay a bit on paper.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: April 02, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »

Heh, and weith the civilians building their own hovels and mansions, you can either knock them down and be considered a tyrant, or build around them and have chaos. Give it a few centuries and then...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: April 02, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

I'd like to see an ArmA style game with fictional weapons. Maybe even with Reciever level of detail, maybe not. Either way, crystal ray-guns and 21-barrel black-powder Drillings could fit in a concave world rather well.

Not really on the fictional weapons topic, but I would kill for a proper fps/military simulation with Receiver-esque gun controls, hell even throw some sort of field stripping mechanic from World of Guns: Gun Disassembly and have a whole mechanic based around not only having to actually operate guns but having to make sure your guns are maintained so they don't fuck up in the field.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:28 pm »

Not really on the fictional weapons topic, but I would kill for a proper fps/military simulation with Receiver-esque gun controls, hell even throw some sort of field stripping mechanic from World of Guns: Gun Disassembly and have a whole mechanic based around not only having to actually operate guns but having to make sure your guns are maintained so they don't fuck up in the field.

There's an equipment maintainence mechanic in Fallout New Vegas, although it's not very in-depth
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:49 pm »

There's an equipment maintainence mechanic in Fallout New Vegas, although it's not very in-depth

Unless your talking about a mod, isn't fallout 3/NV maintenance just smashing two weapons together to fix one of them?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: April 02, 2015, 11:19:39 pm »

Unless your talking about a mod, isn't fallout 3/NV maintenance just smashing two weapons together to fix one of them?

Or duct-tape, superglue, and spare parts
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: April 03, 2015, 01:15:37 am »

An apocalypse survival game where you can do ANYTHING you want, it would be a large free world probably set in the city not too long after an even so you could still scavenge food. There would be other survivors that you could befriend or fight and maybe water sources that are controled by groups, little military presence and maybe zombies? Maybe
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 577