Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 931943 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7215 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:32 am »

Many years back there was some sort of handheld game that involved scanning barcodes to collect mons, so that's probably close enough.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: October 02, 2016, 09:04:35 am »

Pokemon Go, except an actual VR Pokemon game instead of casual-collect-'em-all. Allow direct trainer battles and bets with game currency, but also include randomly spawned AI trainers for easy money, as well as randomly spawned items. Same battle mechanics as real Pokemon games, managed by a similar interface on your phone. Use cloud syncing or the charge cable to plug your phone into your desktop/laptop and use it like a Pokemon PC to manage your 'mons and items. Have Pokecenters and Shops out in the world, but also give the option to heal at your "home" PC just to avoid tedium and potentially dangerous situations.

Couldn't go with the Gym system unless you set things up to let people mark themselves as Gym defenders (and included team affiliations), where they could be dragged into battles to defend (and replaced if inactive), with the Boss spot being limited by median party level.

Just include GenI-III 'mons though, to make catching slightly less RNG-based (and because post-GenIII is full of weird shitty-looking 'mons instead of just a few).

I would literally buy a smartphone and pay real money for that game if it existed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7217 on: October 02, 2016, 12:37:50 pm »

I know, right? Niantic is a one-note game designer (it's grindy, but is it grindy enough? ), and when someone drops a whole, complete game in their laps, what do they do? Take out all the parts that aren't grind.

Speaking of geolocational games: an offline geolocational game (presumably single player). Get rid of repetitive grind by rewarding variety.  I'm thinking something involving a combination of puzzle solving and resource collection, and ideally something where you build things that stay on the map.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:01:52 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: October 02, 2016, 10:25:17 pm »

And then the world was overrun by millions of children and man-children playing VR Minecraft.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: October 03, 2016, 12:31:31 am »

I am just waiting for Nintendo to announce that Kim Jong-un is the location of a captureable Mewtwo...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: October 03, 2016, 12:36:35 am »

And then the world was overrun by millions of children and man-children playing VR Minecraft.

If I had a holodeck I would never leave it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7221 on: October 03, 2016, 10:33:27 am »

It's not a game per se, but I keep wanting to make an Orange Sign Soapstone app. It'd be useless but funny for a moment as a novelty.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: October 03, 2016, 11:47:51 am »

It's not a game per se, but I keep wanting to make an Orange Sign Soapstone app. It'd be useless but funny for a moment as a novelty.

It comes with the stipulation that if you're in the area of your soapstone when it's activated, you have to immediately stand and praise the sun wherever you are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: October 09, 2016, 12:06:58 pm »

Want to see a good and popular 'Code your own AI' game.
I'm afraid it's "pick 2 out of 3" thing.

I wish there were a multiplayer game where you were in control of various animals that were vastly different in size. So one player might be an elephant while another is a dog and yet another is a mosquito, and it's a team-based survival game where all must use their different talents to take on the wilderness.
So, pretty much like this?

A political/psychological RPG set on a space station or other closed ecosphere thing.
Like a not!FR underground tunnel complex. With drow, duergar, mindflayers and whatnot.
Only thing left to do is figure out how to prevent people from screwing with the numbers by joining the wrong side and trolling. Hey, maybe the game can discover trolls through self-sabotaging behavior, then categorize them as an additional group to mix in!
Padding with AI players, plus better trolls as "House" players stealth-possessing NPCs. To keep an eye on it and tweak things while staying in character. But if there's an overconfident clique that starts metagaming too much or messing around, they suddenly get generic NPC mindflayers stand in the door, curl tentacles and say, "The spawning pool is closed due to psionic cascade (and the neothelids that also suffer from psionic cascade)".  ;D

Arachno-communist sounds like the Soviet answer to Spiderman.
It's the society of Chitines. You may contest another guy's mud hut, but the priestesses are Central Committee no matter what.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:56:03 pm by TBeholder »
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: October 09, 2016, 06:58:01 pm »

I would like an X-Com (or oldcom) clone, except Earth is being invaded by supernatural threats, vampires, Cthulhu, minotaurs, whatever. So instead of incendiary or sci-fi weapons you research garlic or silver stuff, learn witchcraft and so on. Definitely in modern times, and the *COM is a government agency with marines and machineguns and all that junk.

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: October 09, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »

I would like an X-Com (or oldcom) clone, except Earth is being invaded by supernatural threats, vampires, Cthulhu, minotaurs, whatever. So instead of incendiary or sci-fi weapons you research garlic or silver stuff, learn witchcraft and so on. Definitely in modern times, and the *COM is a government agency with marines and machineguns and all that junk.
OpenXcom or UFO:AI mod, with changed text for damage types?
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: October 09, 2016, 09:11:48 pm »

Been watching Star Trek: DS9, just realised how much I'd like a genuine Trek Roguelike.  Play as a Federation, Klingon, Roman, Cardassian, Borg, and other such captain, with your own crew, running around delegating orders.  Beam down onto planets, accomplish missions set out by your faction, explore, get into fights, engage in diplomacy, etc. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: October 09, 2016, 10:15:09 pm »

I think the original Star Trek videogame, waaaay back for mainframe computers n such, had aspects of random generation. Of course it isn't any fun at all to play in modern times.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7228 on: October 10, 2016, 04:19:08 pm »

Another VR game. I feel like I do a lot of those. Anyway:

It's an infinite library in the standard 10x10 space. It uses the impossible spaces method of area expansion in a 3x3 tile area. So, if you start in the center square and go west>north>east, you end up in one intersection, and if you go east>north>west, you end up in a different intersection.

Each book on the shelves is accessible (although probably not physics-enabled unless you pull it out), and there are two kinds of book: procedurally generated text and real books fed in from open sources. The procedural books are given dark, low-saturation covers while the real ones are brighter.

The librynth and the contents are consistent, so if you want to find moby-dick, you have to go left, right,straight, straight, left... each time, although a search/teleport tool might exist that takes you to the cell with a chosen book or an adjacent one.

Throwing in an "escape the room" game or some other adventure could certainly be done, and I like the idea of finding other ways to distort space.

It need not be a single form of rooms, either. The labyrinth could change to anything from twisting copper pipes to natural caves to palatial marble corridors to thickly wooded forest with narrow paths.

I suppose this is turning into VR Myst again, but I can't help but think that's the whole appeal of VR anyway.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: October 10, 2016, 06:10:46 pm »

I had similar idea that was kinda like Pokemon Go for libraries. You go to a physical real-world location to pick up a related book, like going to the beach to pick up Moby Dick or a local theater to pick up a Shakespeare play, and what books are available changes so there's incentive to visit these places again.

I never considered working on it because the idea seemed kinda dumb, but maybe there's some appeal in it. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 577