Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915059 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7470 on: May 22, 2017, 11:44:04 am »

Ok, this isn't so much a Game I wish Existed, but more a "Wish there existed more games like this".

Exploration/trading spaceship piloting games where you control one ship, but you can build space stations to trade/build with.

I know the X games do this. There's that one with the Titan craters - HardWar - which kinda classifies, minus the space part and you don't as much build factories as buy them. Then there was this 2D game somewhere in this forum. But I want MORE! More of them. Like, Escape Velocity  or Endless Sky style games, except if you could make stations or even procedurally generate new sectors and "colonize" them.

Also I don't mean space colony management/building games, where you make rooms tile by tile or whatever, I just want to plop a station, deliver materials to it or whatever, upgrade it, then use it to make stuff. Even manage ships, but you're still flying just one ship, so it's not a 4X style game.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is more or less where Starsector is heading. Can't wait for it to have station construction and colonization.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:46:10 am by Sergius »

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: May 29, 2017, 07:38:25 pm »

A cool physics based gun range/plinking simulator that doesn't require me to sell a kidney and a lung to afford an overrated eye mounted screen with head tracking and an overpriced graphics card.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:25 pm »

A first person shooter game set in the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, where you play as a footsoldier/special ops/whatever of one of the four nations. Setting would be probably years after LoK, so all the nations would be in full existence, and capable of some level of symmetrical warfare.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: May 31, 2017, 06:32:44 pm »

Take a theme loosely inspired by WH40K space marines: You are the best, and help weak yet swarming allies in their harder battles. Some enemies will be similarly elite and devastate your allies if ignored.

The idea of Disgaea: Your units get ever stronger, up to absurd lengths, and there is only a limited penalty for people who fall in battle so long as you win. The real penalty is in damage done to your allies.

Stats and skills are improved by using them, but you don't see much gain against weak enemies.

Combat is real time, but with easily customizable AI (Anthony will try to tank the strongest enemy. If his HP drops below 50% he will try to disengage. At 15% he will retreat to the back, where the healers are, and Beth will put away her ranged weapon and advance to full his spot.)

A loosely X-COM inspired strategy layer, because that's always fun.

Much of the game is just helping your allies expand while building up a squad of demigods and advancing in tech.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: June 01, 2017, 01:07:39 am »

I want a video game adaptation of the Purge. Obviously, the main meat of the game would be the one night, where you have to survive, kill people etc, etc.

But there would be a strategy/life sim element as well. After the night is over, you basically have CK2 style prompts where you decide how you spend the rest of the year. Depending on how well it goes, you might get a promotion, get fired, get a new job, get married, a lot of stuff to do with improving your finances and lifestyle. This way, when Purge night comes, you're either

a ) very financially stable, in a solid house with defences, with access to weaponry and technology.

b ) homeless, completely defenceless, and targeted specifically by sociopaths.

There would be other prompts that allow for other life choices, all of which would have an effect on your performance and survival chances come Purge night.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7475 on: June 01, 2017, 01:31:21 am »

My ideal games:
- ArcheAge without players pushing you off ships/carts in non-PvP zones
- Lands of Lords with less drama
- Dwarf Fortress Masterwork with player forts participating in world gen
- EVE Online with a decent alliance
- League of Legends with a non-toxic community
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:33:38 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: June 01, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »

pastebin.com/BumD0Z7i
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: June 25, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »

pastebin.com/BumD0Z7i
Would races take place in the overworld? I think that would be a great idea! Players would know the details of a race if they had unlocked at least one overworld area it was in, but could only take part if they had unlocked all those areas. It would incentivise players to try and unlock the world areas related to races that looked appealing, while simulataniously allowing them to build up their car to be good enough to have a chance by the time they could enter. As they're trying to fully unlock races, they would stumble across other races that they might want to unlock later once they've finished with their current task. This would constantly give players realistic and achievable long term goals to keep them intersted in the game.

Additionally, because races take part in the overworld, the players would familiarize themselves with the roads they'd be racing on simply by moving around the world and doing stuff. They would stumble across shortcuts and and hidden paths that they could then take advantage of during races, and would have the chance to master a track before even taking part in it!

Dammit, now I wish it existed, too.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: June 26, 2017, 04:40:28 am »

I don't know but Need For Speed Most Wanted (the original) does that well.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:06 am »

Necrons and tiranyds in Battefleet Gothic Armada.
And on top of that integration with the first two Down of War. And the creators of Dawn of War 3 to be punished to actually play the monstrosity they have created.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: June 26, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »

A less-than-politically-correct civil rights movement/protest simulator. Starting in 1910, 1930, 1955, or 1965 you are [an advocate for women's rights|disgusted with the government's treatment of the new recession|unhappy with the way black people are treated|annoyed with the government's involvement in Vietnam] and you want to bring about change. How do you do it? Do you lead peaceful protests and marches, write letters, and give speeches? Will you exert political influence to get people sympathetic to your cause elected? Will you lead a violent insurrection? Or will you embrace separatism and lead your oppressed/dissatisfied people elsewhere?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: June 26, 2017, 03:20:31 pm »

A sequel to X3 that does not suck.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: June 26, 2017, 07:38:00 pm »

A less-than-politically-correct civil rights movement/protest simulator. Starting in 1910, 1930, 1955, or 1965 you are [an advocate for women's rights|disgusted with the government's treatment of the new recession|unhappy with the way black people are treated|annoyed with the government's involvement in Vietnam] and you want to bring about change. How do you do it? Do you lead peaceful protests and marches, write letters, and give speeches? Will you exert political influence to get people sympathetic to your cause elected? Will you lead a violent insurrection? Or will you embrace separatism and lead your oppressed/dissatisfied people elsewhere?

Well... there's LCS, that's the closest I can think of.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: June 26, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »

I'll second this! X Rebirth was a giant steaming pile.

Only one ship to fly? A story mode that is extremely easy, until it becomes practically impossible? (Thinking of the "build a space station" mission, it was very difficult to buy the supplies you needed if you didn't stockpile them before you knew you needed them) Having to wander stations at random to hire crew? An all new UI that was actually harder to use than the crappy old UI? The game had all this and more.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: June 27, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »

I'll second this! X Rebirth was a giant steaming pile.

Only one ship to fly? A story mode that is extremely easy, until it becomes practically impossible? (Thinking of the "build a space station" mission, it was very difficult to buy the supplies you needed if you didn't stockpile them before you knew you needed them) Having to wander stations at random to hire crew? An all new UI that was actually harder to use than the crappy old UI? The game had all this and more.

X Rebirth only got rather fun after I put like 50 mods on it. But even with all good mods available, it's not a worthy sequel to X3. However, I did like the advancements Egosoft made in the way they tell the story and all the encyclopedia videos and all that.
I've said this multiple times but "I got what they were trying to aim for", but of course they missed it horrendously. I'm seriously hoping the next X will mix the best of the amazing X series, along with the best of the X:R (the feeling/atmosphere). For some reason, I felt much more immersed in X:R than older X games, and I think it's because of the scale of things, and how "solid" big ships feel - in older X games, it felt like they were hollow or something. The way they moved and behaved was incredibly awkward. X:R is awkward too, but the 'feeling' it gives is a step in the right direction.
Big hopes for X4!

And on that note, again I've felt the eternal itch for a First Person-4X-RPG of sorts. Think a mix of the good parts of Pulsar: The Lost Colony [basically multiplayer first-person FTL] with the good parts of Starbound.
I guess another way to put it is a singleplayer non-bad Hazeron that has optional multiplayer.
It sucks that I have such an itch, because that's basically Dwarf Fortress in Space, except the Adventure mode has you being captain (or whatever) inside whatever spaceship you want, and it also allows you to build stuff or explore stuff. This would be extremely niche..

I'm kinda hoping Starsector or Empyrion will take a bit of this direction, even if it require mods.
The whole idea is still a bit nebulous in my mind, but I think Pulsar [or Icarus Starship Command Simulator] mixed with a dash of sandbox city-building/colonyzing (therefore a dash of Hazeron) is the closest I can describe.  ::)

I discovered and started playing Icarus Starship Command Simulator and it's scratching the FTL-in-first-person part a bit. If you like space games and FTL and don't know about that one, go play it. Now. And don't mind the 100% CPU-bound engine with stupid resolution.
And tell people to make more games like that!  :P

PS: This game I'm thinking also requires a good amount of Prospector on it, of course.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:09:55 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 577