Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914998 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7605 on: October 14, 2017, 05:23:59 pm »

The entire story of Einsteinian Roulette, as a game.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:57 pm »

So, in the Matrix movies there are action scenes where somebody's navigating a giant office building or city streets or whatever, and there's an operator that has a bird's eye view and gives them directions in real-time to guide them and warn them about enemies.

Co-op. That is all.
In No More Room in Hell we ghosted each other pretty often since drops are random and you don't want to use up supplies getting to a room that doesn't have the right kind of ammo in it. You'd really have to think of something to make it a little more special than that. Maybe the operator has to interpret an interface, so his information is not perfect; he has a wider view but less detail than the player on the ground. Hopefully he also has useful ways to communicate if the players can't use VOIP as well.

There used to be this HL2 mod called Overwatch which is very similar to what is being described although it's more like you're playing as the director from L4D.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: October 14, 2017, 05:55:48 pm »

I like the 'more information but less detail' approach. Could lead to nice moments, like the operator knows that there are five enemies heading toward the agent's location, but those could be street thugs with pipes, police officers with guns, or death squads armed with hi-tech disruptor beams.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: October 14, 2017, 06:06:17 pm »

I know this will sound lazy, but I desperately wish there was a sequel or at least a spiritual sequel to Impossible Creatures just an RTS with heavily customizable units, in general, would be something I wish I could enjoy again.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: October 16, 2017, 03:07:55 pm »

I've noticed that with a lot of space trader style games, you find your niche in the world and then you're just set.  You got your ship upgraded, or you found the trading route between the farming world and the hungry city planet, ok.  You're not going to run out of money, and you're not going to get killed by random pirates unless you go out of your way to fight.

With that, I propose: Space Famine.  You play as a smuggler, pirate, bounty hunter or trader just starting out.  However, there's a disaster on the way.  Something is going to happen that will make everyone's life harder.  Fortunately, you have some time to build your starting fortune and get a nicer ship and everything.  And should you lose a ship, you just go back to the nearest friendly station.  No, the only way you lose is by running out of money.  You win by making it to the other side of whatever the disaster is, and still having an intact business.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: October 16, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »

Space Famine Simulator! I like it better if the objective is to simply not die, though. Don't starve, don't asphyxiate, don't get shot by starving pirates for your hold full of space rice.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: October 18, 2017, 10:31:41 am »

Space Famine Simulator! I like it better if the objective is to simply not die, though. Don't starve, don't asphyxiate, don't get shot by starving pirates for your hold full of space rice.

So basically, Oxegen Not Included if you controlled only one person?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: October 18, 2017, 10:45:23 am »

Ur, not quite. Would still be a space trading simulator, not a base building game.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: October 24, 2017, 02:26:15 am »

Welp. Problem solved. I've just gotta download the new version.

Shhhhh. Shut-up. It's a secret.

Pew pew pew. Vrrrrrooooommmmm. Anyway, all good :)

(edit: yeah, if you're not downloading it now, you missed it.
 I wonder how hard it'd be to make this legit?
Probably way harder than Chapter Master, so 'nuff said.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:44:28 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: October 24, 2017, 08:57:38 am »

Was that the sound of a really small TIE Fighter going past?

Yes. Yes it is.  :D
It's a game. Have fun.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #7616 on: October 24, 2017, 12:00:36 pm »

Space Station 13, but not written in BYOND/DM with good code quality.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »

i don't want any one particular game so much as more games that plug in together. too bad about the dust 451/eve debacle; means it'll probably never happen.

but something like a city builder where your city is on a planet that's in a universe like eve, where you buy plots of land on a planet from a sov owner. (maybe in hi-sec space planets too, but you restrict productivity of these plots just like mining in hisec is unprofitable. then again these would be really boring and maybe you'd want to cut them out of the game)

naturally these planets fit into the economy by having mining/manufacturing/etc buildings, and a space elevator that transported products upwards to a docking site so that regular eve players could dock and transport cargo back and forth. (within the regular eve client you'd also add a planetary bombardment interface, with some weapons being better for planetary bombardment than others, which would also imply additional buildings/modules for the colony to protect it so that larger colonies would require siege attacks like stations.) (there are various ways to make the city-building element more complicated and interesting, by making it highly-puzzle oriented, like the way spacechem shows "mining" and "manufacturing" of various chemicals.)

once you have planets with defined layouts in the city-building game client, you can read those city-layouts to generate FPS layouts for players doing a splinter cell/deus ex-style game for stealing blueprints, sabotage missions, etc. (hisec stuff would probably be immune to these)

TLDR: spacechem nested within a city builder nested within eve, and used to generate maps and missions for Deus Ex/Splinter Cell stuff, so really one existing game that holds multiple additional and separate games

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:10 pm »

I don't think you can ever have paired games running concurrently.  The problem becomes that one of them will inevitably end up with a smaller userbase and then die first.

But you could use one game to make content for another game, that seems perfectly fine.  As long as there's an initial dose of content, they can both survive without each other indefinitely.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: October 24, 2017, 03:20:29 pm »

Spore, but legitimately good, that is with all stages available, the ability to fuse legs at the knees, DRM free, with all animations included as well as the ability to combo actions together like was originally planned.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 577