Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 918363 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7695 on: December 01, 2017, 06:25:30 am »

Okay check it so like

A board game that comes with a rule book, and the rules describe a pretty standard Monopoly-like ruleset. It's very simple, not much interaction beyond rolling dice and competing with the other players over resources. But when you open the booklet to look at the rules, a smaller, red booklet falls out of it. These are the revolutionary rules, comrade. The rules described in this booklet tell the players how to work together to overthrow the current system (the standard ruleset). In order to survive, the players must work within the regular ruleset. But in order to reach the final goal, they must find a way to circumvent the rules and abolish their dependency on the system. Seize the means of production
I'm currently living that game. Trust me, it sucks balls. Specially if you can't even find medicine or food for your baby...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: December 01, 2017, 12:24:35 pm »

^ I think you quoted the wrong post...  :D
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: December 01, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »

No, he really didn't.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: December 01, 2017, 01:20:05 pm »

No, he really didn't.

I think he meant to quote the "parenting" post....
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:12 pm »

Nope, he's Venezuelan, and that nation is kind of melting down right now.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: December 01, 2017, 03:04:17 pm »

Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize.  :(

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: December 01, 2017, 03:21:43 pm »

No, he really didn't.

I think he meant to quote the "parenting" post....
So I wish.... While parenting alone has it's fair share of challenges, it's extremely rewarding and probably the best thing I could ever have done with my life, even when half the time you don't really know what you are doing.

It's a lot more stressing when you are playing with a lot of handicaps, reduced income from slaying monsters and practically no loots or gold at all. And the town shops are devoid.

Anyway.. Keep the thread rolling!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:26:13 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: December 01, 2017, 08:10:27 pm »

Changing the subject, we need more games with non-euclidean geometry. That or more games with shapeshifting as a usable mechanic. Or both.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: December 01, 2017, 08:53:45 pm »

I want more games with inhuman protgonists. And not just the "Ancient Romans as a race with blue skin and bumpy foreheads" stuff but instead, likem things that would hear about humans and say "well that's just bizarre"... And even when there is something inhuman it is always the quirky weirdo amongst a whole cast of familiarity...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: December 21, 2017, 07:49:58 pm »

i had a thought about a rpg with the ability to compound different passives and abilities to singularity to something greater. think morrowind with its enchanting/alchemy combo.

a vision i had was that you could become a vampire with the ability to make your spells cost 50% hp/50% mp and you have the ability to steal life from creatures. a major class passive you can take gives you a blood shield if you drain more than your maximum health. the shield dissipates gradually over time. so you could summon a minor demon and drain it for temporary over health and then cast greater spells.

i feel like this might exist somewhere but i cant think of a game that does this.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:15 pm »

I want more games with inhuman protgonists. And not just the "Ancient Romans as a race with blue skin and bumpy foreheads" stuff but instead, likem things that would hear about humans and say "well that's just bizarre"... And even when there is something inhuman it is always the quirky weirdo amongst a whole cast of familiarity...

Would Chimera Beast interest you? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_Beast

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: December 23, 2017, 01:05:26 pm »

A Steven Universe themed Monster Hunter like game where you play as a Crystal Gem (or alternatively a team of such) hunting corrupted gem beasts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: December 23, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »

Yesssssss
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: December 26, 2017, 01:51:08 am »

This is partly "remembering bits of a dream I had" and "doing post-dream design refinements to the concept":

A first-person shooter of some variety (the dream version was a mix of TF2 and Ravenfield) where the main gimmick is that each players gets to place four or so teleport spots that they can teleport to at any time, with the caveat that it takes a few seconds to do so, and one is vulnerable while doing it (so it's not instant). At least within the dream (I think), two of the spots started off at your team's two distinct spawn points, so you can warp between them.
The teleport exit spots would be visible by enemies and could also be destroyed, to prevent spawn-camping and other such tactics.

I'm not really sure on the gameplay specifics of the game beyond this main teleport thing, but it would definitely be something that can play well with it - so basically, not "capture the flag", at least not without some twists to it, like being unable to teleport while carrying the flag.

I also like to imagine that one would have the ability to change the behavior of their teleporters, at the cost of having access to fewer of them - say, you only get 2 or 3 teleporters, but you get a brief speed boost after teleporting. Or they go invisible after a while. Something like that, in addition to the more conventional weapon/loadout/class customization that would inevitable also be a part of this.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: December 26, 2017, 04:38:09 pm »

Well, this exists. An Xwing Miniatures game. The dev said he was happy for me to share it. Hopefully the exposure doesn't Chapter Master it.

https://youtu.be/zWkW7ICBSNw

You can get it here (ver 1.2. Version 1.3 is in the works)

https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.1.2

It's just like the boardgame, but without fiddly rulers, dice bouncing off the table, and you can play against the AI if you want. Or other people (of course).

I always wanted something like this to exist, and it does! Yay!

It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 577