Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914311 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7860 on: April 17, 2018, 01:47:54 am »

Sounds interesting but for that I will need to learn more coding and try to see how it will work mechanically.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: April 24, 2018, 05:59:30 pm »

Something akin to Assassin's Creed, but with actually difficult freerunning and Errol Flynn-style movie fencing instead of button mashing combat.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: April 24, 2018, 06:39:22 pm »

Fable 4, as a prequel set in the early middle ages/Arthurian ages instead of the high middle ages or the victorian ages or the industrial age.

we can see the remnants of the archons empire and the founding of bowerstone and such. maybe throw in a village management mechanic instead of buying all the real estate. spear combat will be in. marriage and npc interaction will be much deeper. maybe a follower mechanic and marriages that do stuff; marry one of the unique npcs in the game and get a powerful follower or maybe a merchant.

also big monsters; we're the ones creating the fables this time. the fable of chicken chaser vs the giant.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: April 24, 2018, 06:48:05 pm »

marry one of the unique npcs in the game and get a powerful follower or maybe a merchant.

No sweetie, all of these unique followers just follow me because they like me. Don't look into it. I mean don't think about it. I mean I'm cheating on you. Wait.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: April 24, 2018, 07:26:53 pm »

It's not a Fable game unless I'm being explicitly lied to by Peter Molyneux.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: April 24, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »

It's not a Fable game unless I'm being explicitly lied to by Peter Molyneux.

i can do that too! see:

it will have loot boxes
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: April 27, 2018, 03:21:59 pm »

Peter Molyneux is the literal God of Lies.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: April 27, 2018, 04:56:27 pm »

It seems to me the God of Lies should be too good at it for anyone to realize he lied In the first place.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: April 27, 2018, 05:08:40 pm »

The god of lies would by definition be the most trustworthy person you could think of.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: April 27, 2018, 05:48:54 pm »

The god of lies would by definition be the most trustworthy person you could think of.

My god. Toady was peter molyneux all along.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: May 05, 2018, 10:18:14 am »

I'd like a game with the feel of 2:22 AM but which uses that feel to develop an actual story. 2:22 only has hints of a story - of course, a story is not really it's purpose; it's meant to be a dream, which it does quite well. But a game that uses the same sort of random scenes/messages to advance a plot bit by bit would be wonderful.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: May 05, 2018, 03:18:17 pm »

Did Myst do that?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: May 07, 2018, 01:11:30 pm »

I've been daydreaming all day about a game idea, where it's a tactical rpg where you have to advance through the game with the help of mercenaries, having to manage your money and objectives correctly so you can always afford their services every mission. Though of course I'm always thinking of the character dialogue and roleplaying elements, so each mercenary would be unique and have their own storylines that you can fulfill by renting their services enough and completing sidequests.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: May 07, 2018, 02:49:24 pm »

A typical RPG with the evil villain capturing the princess, and taking her to the dungeons of his lava-fortress.
Except the princess has escaped from her cell, has acquired some basic equipment, and is going to escape with your help. Many roguelike elements, with procedural generation and permanent-death.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: May 07, 2018, 03:16:32 pm »

I've been daydreaming all day about a game idea, where it's a tactical rpg where you have to advance through the game with the help of mercenaries, having to manage your money and objectives correctly so you can always afford their services every mission. Though of course I'm always thinking of the character dialogue and roleplaying elements, so each mercenary would be unique and have their own storylines that you can fulfill by renting their services enough and completing sidequests.

So "Fire Emblem, but they leave you if you can't pay them anymore"? :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 577